once More into the Breach! H-Day Cometh!

AlphaGeek

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Alpha AG Geek
hday2.jpg

To: Gen. Frank Jameson (ret) - Governor, Calypso
From Alpha AG Geek – CEO, Manticore
Re: Colonist reoccupation of Hadesheim

General Jameson,

As a veteran of the defensive actions against the robot forces of Akbal-Cimi, you are no doubt aware of the actions take by their forces two years ago this August 17th. While the wereabouts of the routed Imperial Fleet and the CDF are unknown during those last hours before darkness fell, many colonists were engaging the enemy on the planet while some of my associates and I took the last operating robot beacon in a last-ditch effort to thwart the robot attack.

We failed. Typhon fell. Hadesheim vaporized. The shining Capitol of Calypso was lost.

Last year, Manticore spearheaded an attack force hell bent on the retaking of Hadesheim. Dozens of vehicles rolled out of Camp Phoenix as the first large-scale mechanized engagement of robot forces by colonists began. As with the last attempts to defend Calypso, no Imperial support was evident.

An expedient relief station was hastily built at ground zero, and christened “Junkyard Bar Vu 2.0” by those colonists that remembered those now long-gone drinking establishments in Hadesheim. The robots were eliminated in the area of operation, and morale soared. Colonists danced to music and partied- in Hadesheim.

Then came the massive counter-attack by the metal abominations. Highly advanced robot models flooded the planets surface, culminating in the appearance of the Hydra series. With all the available firepower, resourcefulness and guile of humanity, these monstrosities were turned to scrap.

And now we approach the second anniversary of that dark day. Brigadier Carmarone is missing. No information on the whereabouts of now former Governor Dumpty has been released. Your stated policy is to move to new and uncharted lands on Calypso.

I must reject this policy of cowardice and say “We shall not run!” Humanity holds the lands of Eudoria and Amethera! The brave colonists that remain on Calypso shall continue to fight. Conquest by the robots means death to humanity, that much is evident by their very acts. We must continue to engage this enemy until it is routed from Calypso, pushed across the black void of space to Akbal-Cimi, and then crushed under the heel of their creators like… like a cigarette butt when you’re a kid and your mom catches you smoking and you try to hide... Um... Yeah… Anyway, the robots must be crushed under our heel!

The robot forces must be defeated and Hadesheim is the place to begin the effort anew. To that end, Manticore has begun planning Operation: H-Day II. We invite all colonists to join us once again at Camp Phoenix at an appointed hour to move out and once again take and occupy Hadesheim. We also invite any Imperial forces that have been discharged from their service to join us in this effort. Many of those now disenfranchised souls were Pioneers on Calypso, the likes of which humanity hasn’t seen since Marco polo opened the Eastern trade routes on old Earth. This is no Skam, Manticore would welcome these individuals into the combined colonist forces and gladly recognize them for the brothers and sisters in arms that they are.

Operational details including mission start time and rally points will be released to the public communications networks within the next 24 hours.

In closing, I challenge the Imperial forces and colonists alike to fight as never before. Humanity’s fate is in our hands. We must teach our enemy that the price of Hadesheim is their total annihilation. Remember Hadesheim.

Terminus Roboticus!

AG
Alpha AG Geek
CEO- Manticore

Last edited:
This was a really fun event last year - lets hope for an equally fun robot hunting this year!

Lets all go dance merry-go-round around what used to be Nakajima!

We're planning to impress Nakajami into the service of humanity. Depending on how much flesh is left of her, she'll either be our bartender or our ash tray.

Operation Details

Operation H-Day will commence on 13 August at 00:00:15 UTC. Join us in the liberation of Hadesheim!

Staging Area A will be Camp Phoenix. Colonists joining the battle are encouraged to meet at the staging area at least 30 minutes prior to the beginnig of the attack to prepare and recieve any last minute briefings or intelligence reports.

Terminus Roboticus!

AG

Told Mrs Q that the 'do not disturb' sign will be operational on the 13th August... Must remember to polish my Vigilante and 6A plates. :yay:

Terminus Roboticus!

When the tin cans see all of our hardware rolling over the rim of the crater they gonna be crappin garcen grease.:laugh:

Updated initial message to include H-Day II poster. Great work, Menace!

Hmmm.... you know how high the price of scrap metal's gotten lately?

TERMINUS ROBOTICUS!

Menace

Told Mrs Q that the 'do not disturb' sign will be operational on the 13th August... Must remember to polish my Vigilante and 6A plates. :yay:

Terminus Roboticus!

lol good cause you guys pussed out last year and went to bed early you old whipper snappers, ;)

I have to say ... I love the way Manticore role-plays these events, it's really top-notch, and Menace ... your posters are just totally primo. This will be fun to follow ... I hope there will be photos, maybe some video, but certainly the great reporting as always by this crew.

I wish you the best as you march into battle and unleash the fury! :)

lol good cause you guys pussed out last year and went to bed early you old whipper snappers, ;)

Granted, the robot counter-attack occurred after many of the Manticore team had hit the bunks for some sleep after a day of last minute planning and prep (not to mention RL work) and the excitement of getting the bar up and running.

I've got some toothpick to prop my eyelids open this time. Damn robots.

TERMINUS ROBOTICUS!

AG

PS: whippersnappers are young'ns. Old pharts like me need our sleep. :)

We didn't go to bed early. We left Junkyard 2.0 and went to another bar after taking a severe beating by them drone elite's. It was all Nobleone's fault. We were minding our own business at the pool tables when Nobleone decided to grab one of the Drone Elite's wife's asses. It all went to shit from there. They hung a beating on him until he was stuck with no other option then to hold position at the revive. We called our bar security to throw out the rowdy tin can patrons but..... well.... they all ended up laying in puddles of their own virtual blood. Then the Drones' trashed the place. There were textures and mind essence flying everywhere! I PM'd the local Ultimate Fighting champion Star, but due to a 3 yr old Necro'd forum thread he was busy throwing down with Chuck Norris at a different location. We contacted Major Carramone and she sent us nothing but fragments... like WTF were we supposed to do with those other than slit our own wrists with the tiny shards of..... NOTHING?!?! Anywho.... we're ready this year. Ephederine, caffiene and aspirin to keep us awake.... and some virtual beer just in case we start to chicken out.

TERMINUS ROBOTICUS!

Menace

Last edited:
I'd take the 'old pharts' experience over the 'young uns' bravado any day of the week :laugh:

I miss the old Hadeshiem and it's destruction forever changed our beautiful planet Calypso.
I was there for the Junkyard Bar 2.0 and I will be there again doing my part against the robot menace!

Terminus Roboticus!

Less than an hour till we roll out! Come on down and meet up at Phoenix to anal probe some Warlocks!

Menace

Back