Suggestion: ONE platform for information sharing

Msturlese

Stalker
Society
Dirty Dingos
Marco Killy Stur
i already made this request regarding social network use for posting pics and i want to reiterate

PLEASE use PCF as a MAIN information service to CUSTOMERS

Not an euphemistic Community or Playerbase, but

CUSTOMERS because in the very moment i wire my Eur to get In-game-currency
my status become of customer

then duplicate what you prefer on discord ventrillo TS2 istagram facebook or redtube
but give us an official communication channel

that removes all doubt of what is conspiration theory, word of mounth, gossip and such

announcement and locked post.
so it remains... no comments are needed for statements. just the bare news.

thank you for considering it after the emergency moments of fixing instances.

Last edited:
Is there a way to embed discord into the forum ?

I'm pretty sure you can have a listener-bot on Discord that grabs selected news from here and posts them there, too.

Then again there may be a software that posts something to a list of websites (here, Discord, Twitter, Facebook, ...).

I don't think this is rocket science.

The RSS link is a bit hidden or (I guess) the feed might not contain all sections so that it doesn't get shown with all articles. Other than that, I wouldn't know how to make it more obvious where the news are. Bertha and the other forum bots only relay them with varying delay depending on their polling rate, the link to the source is given every single time. If you want it the moment it gets published, you bookmark that instead. So simple. It should also be on the client loader btw but I admit that one I always click away as fast as possible because I hate the flashing blinking stuff, also its redundancy. But the latter again aids visibility, I really don't get the complaints.

Last edited:
I have the Latest Buzz RSS feed on my Start.me page. This is the latest as of 13:08 UTC today:

lObBmMU.png

There is the simple method of using the IN GAME mail system to send out information to participants.

They can also create an Announcements channel with read only permissions for anyone except MindArk and Planet Partners that has server side persistent chat.

Other than this, if the game is down, the Launcher is the next best place.

If the launcher is down, EntropiaUniverse.com

If that is down, then Forum/Discord.

@My|MindArk

I have the Latest Buzz RSS feed on my Start.me page. This is the latest as of 13:08 UTC today:

lObBmMU.png
This seems very outdated. I'm not using the feed myself, just did a quick search that it exists. It would be good if there was an obvious link to the data the forum bots pick up (maybe there is an I am blind, too?) Not sure how many know to use a newsreader anyway.

I'm getting PMs already. What I meant was that it's not their fault when people, even some with an otherwise very large footprint in the game, aren't aware that a central outlet for official news exists on their own homepage. If bits and pieces which are relevant are distributed through other, private channels not everybody can be expected to be subscribed to, then this is a problem. If none of it is new, only filling in those who ask for help connecting the dots, then these channels are fulfilling their purpose, no more and no less.

Ah, the community manager. Did I say already she is wonderful? Folks still don't understand what her job is. A community manager manages the community. The communnity is us, the bag of fleas, the kindergarten, which needs to be "managed" to keep everybody happy and contain the crying. She can't provide any information which is not given by the core team already, otherwise it would be called information manager or some such. YOU are being managed, not those behind the curtains. Get it?

private discord. of players with their own interests. where they can choose who and what to exclude. come on Mindark, it is not okay to support and by the way who should you s**k off to get adds in the game loader with your in-game company? hardly competition on equal terms

Back