Ongoing RoadMap

Would you like a graphical easily accessible roadmap?

• Total voters

AkiranBlade

Slayer
Society
Shaolin
Akira AkiranBlade Kurusowa
It would be really cool to have a little more transparency on the ongoing and even dynamic development road map.

Somewhere easily accessibly and preferably in graphical format on a URL similar to:

(No clicky, 404 ... probably)
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/development/roadmap/

There are, at least 1 but guessing a great many, of us participants that don't really mind if the plan has changed, but just that we have an idea that it has changed. It would just be nice to know what the projected timelines are for things.

For instance, recently, there was a news article suggesting that the first phase of the CLD land claim work will be delivered in the next VU. That's great... but what else is coming? And when (as in, the beginning of June or the end of June?)

A roadmap would let us know *roughly* when things were happening. It might be better equipped to inform participants on how certain things are going to be delivered. The recent communication suggested the first phase of the land claim system. That says to me that we *might* be able to claim a plot, or it may be that the new resources required for the system will start to drop.

If the we knew roughly, and I emphasise roughly what was going to be delivered it might alleviate panic buying and prevent unnecessary losses incurred by panic buyers.

I appreciate that we "can't handle the truth" or rather, need to be drip fed to a point to prevent participants from exploiting the information to their gain, so obviously the road map needs to have a modicum of vagueness.

I'm sure other participants would want to see a roadmap that is easily accessible and updated regularly, will MindArk ever do this? Sure would be great.

Something like this maybe, I'm crap at powerpoint but it only took me 5 or 10 minutes to create!

Last edited:
Public roadmaps tie up developers' hands, not allowing to be flexible and change plans on the fly, cancel projects, relocate resources and postpone releases as seen fit without causing rage about "broken promises". Would you go for it in their shoes?

Nice idea, will never happen tho :smoke:

something like this

sheldon.jpg

Public roadmaps tie up developers' hands, not allowing to be flexible and change plans on the fly, cancel projects, relocate resources and postpone releases as seen fit without causing rage about "broken promises". Would you go for it in their shoes?

Exactly why I stated it would/should be updated regularly to give transparency. Perhaps I should've put that caveat in my roadmap :D

Understood, but... we all have to do it. When did you EVER had a chance for project to tell you clients: "I'll be working on this project but I won't give you an ETA or tell you how much is it going to cost. "

Whether you like it or not means nothing when running a business.

Understood, but... we all have to do it. When did you EVER had a chance for project to tell you clients: "I'll be working on this project but I won't give you an ETA or tell you how much is it going to cost. "

Whether you like it or not means nothing when running a business.

Only with Entropian Civilians can you get away with it :p :yay:

Back