Ooh, finally a scientific answer why some people don't care about graphics! (updated)

How well do you see color?

• Total voters

Fifth

Elite
The "Fifth" Entity
Ever wondered why visual looks is very important for some people and others can't care less?
In RL it's the eternal question about good taste and art in general.
In games it translates into the eternal question - what's the good balance between: graphic engines, 3D design, etc Vs. gameplay, mob AI, etc.

Here's the answer: How Well You See Color?
Code:
http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-well-do-you-see-color-173018

Notice the huge difference between sexes?
What's the average ratio of female players Vs. male players?

:cool:

I got 0, what did I win? :yay:

0 Here as well.

Your score: 4
Age range: 40-49
Best score for your gender and age range: 0
Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

I could probably get it down to zero but got bored. :D

And still, I care little about graphics, so perhaps this is not the answer.

Score 3.

Not too bad :)

Got a solid 24 here :D

Edit: I doubt this has much to do with valuing graphics more or less... a interesting test though.

I got 4, but was doing it hurridly in office (still am in the office).

Probably could have gotten zero if i spent abit of time on it.

BTW, how does this relate to those with tetrachromacy (super colour vision)? I don't see any mention of that on that site, except in a couple of comments.

Anyone testing colour detection in a person's eyes without taking tetrachromacy into account is not doing a good job IMHO.

Funy test :yay::yay:

I think that people can't imagine how hard it was for me !!!

I suffer of daltonism ... then my score is ...

95 :yay:

Very very hard to sort all those similar colors

I did not do so well, I see almost everybody got a 0 or are cheaters :p

capture.jpg

Actually, yes, the people who say having perfect color vision does not mean you care about arts and graphic engines are right. Have to take into account this is EU forum aftreall, lots of ppl in this game mainly because of the economic aspect. If we look at games in general the connection is probably more striking.

Anyway, it only works through negation - ppl who can see colors can still decide to ignore the visual aspect, but ppl who can't simply don't have a choice.

colorvision.jpg

0 here...cool test.

I got a score of 8. Better start adding some carrots to my diet then :). Thanks for the test.

made an honest try.... 37 y.o. and scored a 21.... I wish I was 21 again :beerchug:

Please note that this highly depends on the monitor you are using!!

The first test I did on my 24" LCD monitor (BenQ E2400HD, HDMI connected) I use for webdesign/photoshop I scored 0 (perfect) twice!
The second test I did on my new 21" Samsung LCD (Syncmaster, VGA connected) I couldnt manage to get above a score of 12, even after 3 tries.

So all good and nice but I see a big equipment factor here.
I must also note that I have been tested as perfect color vision in the hospital 2 years ago.

I am 25 years old, Male

OK , female, 54 year old. score 4. Annoying that it wasn't 0, but reasuring that it wan't too bad, given my in-game trade :laugh: and given that one of my health issues mightaffect my colour vision and i was beginning to worry about that.

ty :) useful test !!

jay :)

P.S. btw, IRL I don't give much of a damn- but largely cos i can't afford to, i guess lol. good taste is somewhat cheaper in-game

147 in first try... 53 in second. I need to do it a few more times I think :)

38 years old and got an 8 so pretty good i think.

I got 0 as well.

Interesting, but I doubt it has much to do with appreciation of graphics, unless you're severely color blind.

I got 92

gotta be careful at traffic lights now :) lol

if you found that test less sophisticated than you would have liked, I recommend taking this one :

one tough test.

fear not if it takes more than 1 minute to complete, just read the questions through. if you find at least one correct answer, that already means you scored at least 120, which is ok, for an average human ;)

J.

got a score of 8, the graph indicated the colors i thought were off but didnt change (took longer to make the test then expected so hurried the last bit)

i got 11.. mostly the flaws were on the middle section of the bars where i just didnt care too much if one was little darker or lighter than other... and oh yeah.. i dont give a fuck about graphics..

Thanx everybody who took the test!
Surprisingly, lot of ppl with good or even perfect color vision here. Cool! :cool:
Ofc, the ppl who tend to take the test (any test) usually already belong to the group that has better chances to score good results, like always.

Please note that this highly depends on the monitor you are using!!

The first test I did on my 24" LCD monitor (BenQ E2400HD, HDMI connected) I use for webdesign/photoshop I scored 0 (perfect) twice!
The second test I did on my new 21" Samsung LCD (Syncmaster, VGA connected) I couldnt manage to get above a score of 12, even after 3 tries.

So all good and nice but I see a big equipment factor here.
Indeed.
If u turn it around, those ppl who score, say, worse than 50 can stop worrying about the latest and best equipment. They can go for a cheaper equipment and save money. Bad is good... in a way. Love the irony of this. :)

113 so blind

This test reminds me of the new crafting interface, I keep wanting to rearrange them into the proper order.

entropia_2013-09-26_20-13-11-26.jpg

Back