Oompa Warhound Damage Type Mystery?

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
Totally confused on how to figure out how to defend from these Warhounds.

Any people experienced with Ark Moon know what Damage Type Warhounds are? Tested Acid/Elec/Cut 24 plates on L18s even Pen&Burn and none of them seem to have an effect on the damage range caused by these mobs... Have 2 armors that have a difference in Impact of 2 and the one with more impact with the same plate tests seems to take more damage... totally confused.

The armors I used and tested all plates on was the Basic Viceroy and the Arkadia Armor Cetus (L). The Cetus is better on all fronts except Cold (-8) and Impact (-2)

vDfdV9t.png
rR30DFL.png

I tested both un-plated and took max damage of 43 with the Cetus and max of 62 with the Viceroy

In the plate tests I used Cut 24, Acid 24 and Elec 24. With no obvious benefit from any of them. Then out of frustration used 6A Plates (12Burn/11Pen) again to no obvious benefit. The Viceroy performed much worse on all tests that would lead me to think that CUT is likely the problem as it has 6 less protection on that front. Would the solution here to get much higher CUT protection and retest or am I missing something obvious?

Back