Opalo PVP for 115 to 150 health: Good idea?

Opalo only PVP for 115 to 150 health: Good idea?

• Yes, I'd love it & would consider joining

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Yes I'd love it, but I'm too LOW health

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Yes I'd love it, but I'm too HIGH health

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Opalo only PVP? No armor? No fap? Pussy.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I like cake.

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
The folks who participated in the Opalo PVP for newbies event seemed to have fun, so I was wondering if I did the same thing for, say 115 to 150 health, would there be a decent interest in it? As Wiz said in the original event thread.

We made a soc event like this in the old RX Base - one of the best events in my whole EU life.
Now, is there a chance you're going to do that for people with a bit more health?

Keep in mind it would be run the same way: opalos+amps only, no healing/armor/etc.

If so, what kind of prizes and entry fee cost would seem fair? And no, I'm not giving Shadow for 5 ped tickets. :laugh:

If this one pans out, I'm thinking the next level would be 150 to 175 health. Above that, I dunno if opalos only would appeal to enough players.

I have too much HP for this, but as an aside, were you able to enter the event area as promoter today, despite being above the set HP limit?

As a matter of fact, I was. :yay:

{removed}

Last edited:
Hhm, the poll is getting a few votes, but it looks like this idea is not getting a lot of response.

Do they have a way to limit specific weapons now in the event system? If not how do you prevent cheating? I would like to be able to run more new player events, but have held off because I dont know of a way to prevent cheaters from comming in with larger weapons either for pvp or normal hunting events.

narfi

Do they have a way to limit specific weapons now in the event system? If not how do you prevent cheating?

You can narrow it down to specific categories (I.E. no melee) but yeah it still leaves a huge open gap.

Thankfully, in PVP the killing weapon is displayed, so that's a nice disincentive. Add the fact that I handed out the prize by hand instead of using the auto-prize, I was able to keep cheating in check.

We used a few other "tools", but tbh, it was simple peer-pressure that was the most effective tool to discourage cheating.

unfortunately, this won't help much in a regular LA hunting contest. :(

I only just saw this today John C so dont be discouraged. I was actually rising my HP level to near 115 & actually got to 114.5hp for the newbie event, but unfortunately I overslept while taking a snooze :(! So I can actually join this new idea you have with just a bit more work ;).

Try to make your options in polls mutually exclusive. I have too low a level of health AND I like cake. ;)

The cake is a lie!:)

Nice event, I guess I would try my luck :)

I am within this HP bracket... just. I would love to join!

Why not, but please give more details about rules, entry fee, prize and so on... :)

Back