• Replay of Norway's Stage 3 Round 3

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Allow Norway/Greece elimination in Stage 4

Votes: 55 56.7%
  • Other (Please post to explain)

Votes: 16 16.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
members of the Greece team will you at least read what I write instead of jumping back to the same arguments?
  • One match does not set the standard for the whole stage. You beat us yes, another day it could have been us that have beaten you. :dunno:
  • We did not "turn off our PC's". We continued to hunt. But not in the way we would have if we knew.

And yes, I do think it should be reconcidered because of misinformation. :dunno:

Why are you so upset when one of the options are that we also, together with you, participate in the next round?
Thats not punishing you at all, and if you are so much better then us as you claim you'll have no problem taking us out in the upcoming rounds either. Right?

some questions
is it so hard to find how much is the difference of 2 teams?
does huricane have to inform how much you have to get?
i think that there is no fair and unfair
do what you believe as the boss of the wof
also i want to tell tha wof=world of firepower.....next time noone slowdown :p

Oh yes it is mathematics for the academy :rolleyes::eek:

Could you at least try to keep this discussion civil and mature?

Sure,as I said we dont have any problem with your team if Hurry want to give u the chance to continue it is ok for us....anyway I stopped to discuss about that thing it makes me really sick...

Just a final question skam,you dont know to add the results of your 2 previus matches to find how many points you need to go in to the next round???
And why Hurry had to inform u about that???
Come on all the people laugh with this...

Last edited:

Perhaps you could fill everyone in on this, what seems to be an inside joke?

I agree that this is a very terrible situation.

You have to know that Greece's main team consists from mid and below players. Concerning the support is good not to refer there...

I believe that in a football match if the referee gives a penalty to a team just by mistake this cannot be taken back. The match is over and the score is final.
Repeatition of a match would make people dislike and refuse to participate to any WoF. And i am not talking about Greece and Norway. Lets say that this error was made during USE vs England. What would have happened then?

When the problem affects small teams people just don't care. Please be more careful next time. I think the score is final. Move on with the WoF as this misfortune accident didn't happen.

GPA

Congradulations na last night effort Skam, but don't you think that to many things are left in chanse within EU, why not to try and minimize them...

It teaches you things, doesn't it... even for RL :)

Secret of success = Math + Full Power

I am sure that even the bigger teams do not lean back and wait, you never know when an ATH might just out of the magicians hat:scratch2:

In any case grats Skam and I wish the best if you go through to the next stage, even if it is in our loss

1st consideration: we all make mistakes. As someone already said, this was a two-folded mistake, one on the side of judges, the other on the side of team Norway that didn't check their points and didn't do their homework calculating how many points they needed. A bigger attention to their points by team Norway would have solved both mistakes with a pm to Hurrikane (Hey m8 by our calculation we need more than 185) or something like that.

2nd consideration: Hurrikane should decide what line to follow. A hard line means that all scores ARE FINAL. Full stop. (that reminds me "all trades are final", hard but simple solution)
A "smoother" line could be considered more fair by many (me included) but will surely generate more confusion and more arguments in times to come.
(that's also why MA chose the "all trades are final" formula even in clear scum events etc - and that's not the case ofc, much much slighter mistake).

You have to know that Greece's main team consists from mid and below players. Concerning the support is good not to refer there...

I believe that in a football match if the referee gives a penalty to a team just by mistake this cannot be taken back. The match is over and the score is final.
Repeatition of a match would make people dislike and refuse to participate to any WoF. And i am not talking about Greece and Norway. Lets say that this error was made during USE vs England. What would have happened then?

When the problem affects small teams people just don't care. Please be more careful next time. I think the score is final. Move on with the WoF as this misfortune accident didn't happen.

GPA

Obviously it did.

imagine this

we are in next round both greece and norway
norway is first greece is second and someone else is third
is ti fair for us to be out?
or if norway is the second is it fair for them to be out?
or is it fair for the third team to be out?

a stupid idea

;):rolleyes:lets be one team
greece and norway :):wtg::D

This is a very unfortunate situation indeed.
My toughts on this :

Greece goes on to next stage, OFC, they have done nothing wrong, and on the scoreboars, they won the place, cant see that there is anything to argue about that.

So, about Norway, either we ( Im Norwegian ) are let on to next stage too, due to the error of Hurri, or we just have to take it and start preparing for next years WoF, naturally, I hope for the first of the two options.

No matter what happens, it should be stated with out any doubt that from now on, no matter what happens and what anyone say all scores are final and it is the teams responsibility to keep track of the teams score

The one I feel most sorry for after this is actually Hurri, he puts down a lot of work in this event and because of one little mistake he gets a lot of flaming.

To all, remember, its just a game, keep smiling :)

S V :cool:

Sorry for my broken English :)

;):rolleyes:lets be one team
greece and norway :):wtg::D

Ah! perhaps a very good solution! Why not?

Now let me muck it up with SCAR.

J/K +rep

have to spread rep :(

lol ytou know that might be our only chance for either of us to best ant of the higher teams rright? tbh of this is going too much hassle in not sure its worth it. For me wof is supposed to be about coming together and having fin in friendly competition. Of that is gone there is not much left in wof for me. I know we have no chaNce to wwin. At the same time, of my teammates want tp take this further ill support that and stick to it. Sorry for spelling, in on an ipod!

lol ytou know that might be our only chance for either of us to best ant of the higher teams rright? tbh of this is going too much hassle in not sure its worth it. For me wof is supposed to be about coming together and having fin in friendly competition. Of that is gone there is not much left in wof for me. I know we have no chaNce to wwin. At the same time, of my teammates want tp take this further ill support that and stick to it. Sorry for spelling, in on an ipod!

perhaps you could come back later and 'splain better?

you didnt seem to have problems in your recent posts.

This is a very unfortunate situation indeed.
My toughts on this :

Greece goes on to next stage, OFC, they have done nothing wrong, and on the scoreboars, they won the place, cant see that there is anything to argue about that.

So, about Norway, either we ( Im Norwegian ) are let on to next stage too, due to the error of Hurri, or we just have to take it and start preparing for next years WoF, naturally, I hope for the first of the two options.

No matter what happens, it should be stated with out any doubt that from now on, no matter what happens and what anyone say all scores are final and it is the teams responsibility to keep track of the teams score

The one I feel most sorry for after this is actually Hurri, he puts down a lot of work in this event and because of one little mistake he gets a lot of flaming.

To all, remember, its just a game, keep smiling :)

S V :cool:

Sorry for my broken English :)

good post SV,

but I really don't think anyone should be blaming Hurri, sure he made a mistake, but every team should still be keeping track of their own score, so if there is mistakes like this they can go to the judges and have it sorted out.

I know in the Australian team we have our own scorer (just a member of the support team) who tracks our progress to compare with the judges results at the end and this also helps us track our total scores as well. Human error will always happen and is just part of the competition.

Does any other teams have something like this in place?

Does any other teams have something like this in place?

We (Greece) are a small team so we do not have someone in specific to keep track of the score, but we try our best collectively to keep track. In any case, before and after each round we are fully aware our standing.

It’s each responsibilities team to keep track of their score but also of their adversaries. If lets say Australia and Greece compete and we Greeks think that Australia has received some extra points, its is our responsibility to address the matter (and vice versa off course)

Cheers,
Nick

Last edited:

GPA

Well said , period.

Demonikos :tiphat:

While I do have sympathy for Norway, I have to say I find it difficult to believe that not a single member of the team was watching the groups total scores so close to the end of the stage. 100 points is a big difference and I'm really suprised that no-one picked up on it as being a typo.

I'm sorry Norway, but my personal opinon is that Greece should go through, and that's unbiased as I have no friends in either of the two teams.

Even if I am norwegian I think Greece should go through. It is not realistic that Team Norway, which I am not a member of (I am in Team Amethera Support in the WoF), would have been able to get enough points to beat Greece.

The norwegian team got the Scaboreas global at 18:10 (according to EntropiaTracker). I.e. with approx 50 minutes left of the match. In those 50 minutes they needed to get 79 points. Since they slowed down they only got 34 of these.

According to EntropiaTracker the best hour of Norway's game was from 16:26 to 17:29. They scored 67 points in that time, which is equivalent to approx 55 points in 50 minutes. So Norway at its fastest is still about 24 points slower than what was required. Also, Norways best scoring mob was Malcruentor which is what they actually hunted during these 50 minutes.

One can argue that 24 points is in the range of "luck" and therefore possible, but to deny Greece to compete in all three stages of the quarter finals because Norway might have been able to global at "uber" pace is not fair.

GPA

I agree totally with my friend gpa!!
as the captain of greece team i know that our members to the best job this year,and it is very unfair to do that!!!
i don't care who did the mistake!
you hurrikane know that we are a good team,you see that we care about the wof,i pm you for many questions or we are very dutiful about the time for example!
it s unfair for us!!for our effort this year!!!
if decided these options GREECE STOP HERE!!AND WE WILL NEVER TAKE PART IN THIS "COMPETITION"!!!!

you forgot the option greece pass and thats it and that you are sorry for your maths.
but my fried you cant say its up to you people to decide. you are da man on this wof, if you dont have the cojones to do so, im sorry.
in case of replays-elimination game ecc im out.

First of all, I was in the norwegian main team last night, and I totaly agree that we should have done our own math. When that is said, we didn't. At least I didn't. Having been kinda busy in RL lately I just found a free timeslot and wanted to contribute to the team, so I logged on 17:30 local time to find myself in the main team.

Anyway, I just want to clearify that we didn't stop hunting because we reached the score we thought would get us trough. We just did not stress with more bonuses. We gathered all main team on malcruentor, and had lots of fun until the time was up. What I think Skam is trying to say here, is just as she as the leader would have used her rescources differently the last hour of hunt if she were aware of our real standings. If we would have done better or not, we will never know. And that discussion is just waste of time.

As for what will happen now, personally I hope we go trough to the next round together with the greeks. But as I said, I can agree this is partly, or maybe completly our own fault, and I would totaly respect it if the norwegian journy in this years WoF stops here. I had great fun last night, and fun is what this is all about. The norwegian team will be back next year anyway. And thumbs up for Hurri who use his time to host such a great event!

hurri how happy are you this did not involve team SCO :)

hurri how happy are you this did not involve team SCO :)

The thing we should all have in mind is that it could involve anyone, and in any case its not Hurris fault, as far as scoring is concerned.

We all respect the effort the judges put in, and we are making a fuss about sth that the judges with the respective team leaders could have solved less publicly and without the possibility of having a case to build on in the future.

Facts:

1) Hurricane did a serious mistake. I am okay with that. Mistakes are for humans.

2) Team of Norway did a mistake also. They sould have done their own maths. And they should not stop trying after the 185 points. We (the greek team ) were trying until the last second of every match.

3) I myself and i think most of the members of the greek team dont have problem if Norway pass to the next stage along with us. I can understand their point of view also.

4) The replay of the Greece^Norway is a huge joke. We did not do nothing wrong. We beat Norway 200-65. How many times do we have to beat Norway to pass to the next stage?

5) if the final decision is for a replay match the greek team will not participate in this joke.

6) my english is bad ....sorry for this :)

Ay Caramba. What a pickle.

From a purely logical point of view, the easy and correct course of action is to look at the final scores in this group. England and Greece progress. This is what the numbers say.

Much blood, sweat and tears have been shed in arriving at these scores. And yes, errors and good calls were made on the way to achieving these scores.

But this is what the scores say.

But taking logic out of the equation, and we have Hurrikane looking for another way, as I am sure he is feeling gutted about this, and will do all he can to try and rectify his typo. He posted the same scores check things in many threads, including Wales. All this did for us was to confirm our own count we had done 2 days previously.

I feel really bad for Hurrikane and for Team Norway, but whatever happens, Greece are through as they came second in their group, cant take that away from them.

I agree, whatever decision is reached here, Greece should still go through.

I'll try my best to sort this out tonight, to everyone's satisfaction.

Hurrikane

I'd like to replace my vote of "Allow Norway/Greece elimination in Stage 4" to other. Other being scores are final.

Back