Optimal Loot

moondog

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
I have recently started to craft and a a result my hunting style has changed so that it is now driven by hunting mobs containing loot I need for crafting. I have also been skilling up short blades and I am on sib with the Amatrix SB-45. This is maxed on damage but not quite maxed on hit :

Observations

When hunting with the SB-45 and trauma 4 I get much more shrapnel than materials . This would follow Mindarks statement below. I am however quite surprised by the difference in loot composition if I use my ML-35 adjusted or Enigma L4 (both of which I am maxed on) which does give considerably higher loot returns of materials other then shrapnel, specifically oils. I am not talking about TT return just loot composition.

Mindark Stated 26.06.2017

"Optimal Loot

Another feature of Loot 2.0 that has sparked lots of discussion and speculation is Optimal Loot.

It is important to note that Optimal Loot only affects loot composition (what you loot), not the loot value (how much you loot). There is no Optimal Loot penalty for hunting creatures that are well below your avatar’s level; in fact most such kills will meet the requirements for Optimal Loot composition.

To best achieve Optimal Loot:

• Be sure to have the Hit Ability and Damage profession requirements maxed (10.0/10.0) on the weapon your avatar is using.
  • Avoid over-amping (using a weapon amplifier that adds more than 50% of the maximum damage of the weapon to which it is equipped).
  • Minimize healing costs and the need to interrupt damage dealing to heal.
In general, the lower the cost to kill a creature, the higher the proportion of loot composition will be Optimal Loot. There is no inherent “kill timer” for each creature; Optimal Loot is calculated based on costs, not on time."

Yesterday I hunted Troopers to try and loot Robot Weapon Grips but the loot composition on these was similar to using an unmaxed weapon on animals / mutants, ie I got a lot more shrapnel than other items."

I was wondering if my robot looter profession is affecting the loot composition or is it just that the robots and other robots dont drop such a high percentage of loot items other than shrapnel. Do I need to get a higher robot looter profession to see my loot composition improve ?

Moondog

For robots it seems that they drop about 10% more shrapnel compared with most animals/mutants. I've observed this repeatedly.

Your question is what I can do to increase my odds of getting loot over shrapnel, i.e. loot composition? You have to Increase your DPP, FB, and Crit Dmg. Looter does not affect composition but your return rate %.

It states it in your post here:
In general, the lower the cost to kill a creature, the higher the proportion of loot composition will be Optimal Loot.

No idea why anyone would still be using the outdated SIB system to skill up, you not being maxed is not optimal, and you'll get more shrapnel until maxed.

Last edited:
@ Rufen, thank you for your response. I was referring to the SIB system historically so my apologies for that, iI am not quite maxed on the SB-45, but I was really after advice about the Troopers dropping the weapon grips / robot filters. I did a 2 hour run on them yesterday using only the ML-35 and the Enigma L4 as I was trying to maximise the amount of grips I looted. As a comparison, I can go out and hunt Kerbs and will usually get 3-4k on muscle oil in an hour, the robot parts seem to be a lower drop rate, I have only managed to loot weapon grips from Troopers, I also tried half an hour on Warrior, Legionaire, drone and minor bots but the weapon grips did not drop from these during my runs. Can anyone confirm any other bot that the weapon grips drop from. I was going to test eviscerators, harbingers and purgers tonight

Oic, yeah now it makes more sense, you want more weapon grips. If you have had no luck on lower mats, maybe try higher mats to see if there is a difference?

Can anyone confirm any other bot that the weapon grips drop from. I was going to test eviscerators, harbingers and purgers tonight

IFN Defence Bot drop them, but is Arkadia Underground and taxed

Oic, yeah now it makes more sense, you want more weapon grips. If you have had no luck on lower mats, maybe try higher mats to see if there is a difference?

HI Rufen, thanks I will try that.

@Kanjo, Thank you for the information I will try them out

Back