Ouroboros Is Recruiting!

Society
Ouroboros
Mistress Penny Dreadful
New player looking for a friendly place to learn the game? Experienced player looking for a home and willing to share your experience?

Ouroboros society is recruiting! We are a small group looking for active players to add to our family. No experience required, just a desire to learn and grow as a citizen of Calypso. A sense of humour, a need to explore, and a love of the game are definite assets. We are a group of friends who don't believe in pulling rank on each other, we've all been new players at one point and there's always more to learn.

In addition, we do have our own forum as well as a teamspeak channel available for society events.

PM Penny Dreadful or apply to the Society Terminal today.

Last edited:
Another bump, still looking for new members :beerchug:

Last edited:
*Bump*

Looking for a laid back society that's not all about rules and following orders? Ouroboros is the place! :yay:

*** Bump ***

Penny is often spotted at Nea's Place, main group or fert group... say hi when you see her! :D

OooOooooOOoOOooOOoOOOooOoOoooO!!! :laugh:

("bump")

Possible bug in the soc terminal...

It has come to my attention that the society terminal has a bug (yes another one :p ). We have been in the habit of hitting the View Applicant List button to see if there are any applications... and there rarely are. *sigh*

But...

When viewing the Society Log, it became clear that there had been two recent applications, that never showed up when checked. I have put in a support case for this, hoping it will be resolved quickly. This must be a fairly new development, as I have in the recent past recruited twice with no problem.

So if you are in another society, and just browsing this... you may want to have a look at the log and see if anything is being missed. If you have made a recent application to Ouroboros and heard nothing, please accept our sincerest apologies and know that we are now aware of the issue.

If you are thinking of applying to Ouroboros, please don't be scared off by technical difficulties. PM me for a meeting if you like, and I can issue an invite in person. If you have applied at the terminal and not received a response, please also PM me and we can try to work around this issue.

Special thanks to Woose for helping me identify the problem :)

*Bump*

Two weeks and 3 patches later, Penny is once again able to reliably log in! :yay:

It has come to my attention that the society terminal has a bug (yes another one :p ). We have been in the habit of hitting the View Applicant List button to see if there are any applications... and there rarely are. *sigh*

But...

When viewing the Society Log, it became clear that there had been two recent applications, that never showed up when checked. I have put in a support case for this, hoping it will be resolved quickly. This must be a fairly new development, as I have in the recent past recruited twice with no problem.

So if you are in another society, and just browsing this... you may want to have a look at the log and see if anything is being missed. If you have made a recent application to Ouroboros and heard nothing, please accept our sincerest apologies and know that we are now aware of the issue.

If you are thinking of applying to Ouroboros, please don't be scared off by technical difficulties. PM me for a meeting if you like, and I can issue an invite in person. If you have applied at the terminal and not received a response, please also PM me and we can try to work around this issue.

Howdy Penny, we missed you =) Yeah I noticed this problem awhile back also, even had a few people flame our society because they was not allowed in. After checking the logs on numerous occasions it became obvious that the applications was not denied by anyone, instead they just mysteriously vanished.

The flaming is what initially brought the problem to my attention. To bad the flaming also permanently denied their applications.

Thanks Nukem, nice to know the problem is not all in my head :laugh:

And btw folks, the Penny Dreadful sightings have been at all time low at Nea's during this Amethera PVP bug so if you would like to meet up send me a PM :)

But...

It could be due to the fact that an applicant have applied to more then one soc at the same time, and the other soc was faster accepting the person. Then he/she would vanish from you applicant list. Atleast it was possible to do before, dont know if its been changed so that you can only apply to one soc at the time.

Good luck recruiting :)

It's time... time to BUMP it up a notch! :yay:

Bump & Grind...

Does a "soc of freelancers" appeal to you? No real requirements, just be a good representative of the Ouroboros name. We help each other out, and get together when we can. We don't mind if you're an older player returning to a strange new world, or a brand-spankin'-new colonist fresh from the Gateway. All are welcome :)

If you do apply at the Society Terminal in game, and read this thread... please PM me and let me know, us old farts are forgetful and I sometimes forget... forget... uh... OH YEAH! Forget to check the socbox everyday! Please be patient with me :ahh:

Back