Outback land 61 (Shinook River) - Input wanted!

now if only there was DNA for them (hint,hint MA) ;)

I understand that miners want the place to be perfect for them, but I ask that you please don't do the "middle way" as some suggest to put low density of something. That is totally useles: Hunters will hate it because we can wonder arround for days trying to find somethign to shoot, and the miners will still be anoyed by it.

If you put mobs there, make sure you put a lot. :)

and why are you guys claiming its like the only miner la, doesn't star have a very popular mining la?

for miners, lets understand the hunters side of things.
yes theres plenty of atrax and atrox la of high and low maturity thats fine.
however there lacks large berry. I don't want young-guardian i want stalker prowler. the higher the maturity the higher the chance to drop loot and the higher the chance to drop better loot.

and is there chirpy dna?:scratch2: hmm.. well actually an la chalk full of chirpy stalker prowler would be kinda interesting. masive red blobs of the little buggers and explosive weapons for mass slaughter baby!

Honestly I dont know 1 LA that I would call a "Miners" LA. There is 1 LA that I come to for certain things but only because I can get them faster outta the area and still its pulling teeth to get me to go there cause of the tax.

The most successful way for this to be a mining LA is to leave it as is with as low as possible taxes for mining. The reason I say this is most miners love this spot because of how it all ready is. As soon as the tax is laid down this will no longer be a "Miners LA" You will lose in my guess about 25% of the current miners of that area. Then also in my guess :) you will lose another 25% depending on the mob you pick. With 30-50% of the miners gone I would worry about the hunters.

I dont think you can have a successful mining and hunting LA at the same time. You add mobs miners leave, you add taxes miners leave. No big or unique mobs, no hunters.

GL

you have good points, but hes losing out on tax he makes from hunting.

you have good points, but hes losing out on tax he makes from hunting.

I agree.

Not one thing can be done to the land to make it better for miners. Since no matter what is done you will lose some miners you might as well dedicate it to hunting.

Hell, your right by a TP, no matter what, you will get lots of business even if you did open another BIG argo/trox/trax/nec land. Compete directly and make the competition change.

Thank you all for wonderful feedback. Lots of opinions here, and a majority seems to want to keep it mining only.

If I eventually try out some mobs on it I believe it will be either young or medium molisk. I need to do some testing on agro, and find out if there is acctually demand for it.

Thanks again!

Allos are nice. Pretty easy to kill and not at all agro. Maxed maturity with a low density?

Allos are nice. Pretty easy to kill and not at all agro. Maxed maturity with a low density?
please tell me what is the sense of making low density resapwn ? do you like 1-5 mobs on radar and spending 80% of your time on running ?

its worse then that. on the exo la, the argo dna is set to1 on density. you can run acrost the entire la and never see one.

Cmon, make it Atrax MAXED maturity..
The dimwit having atrax park got alot of small crap trax there, no fun shooting all the crap just to get a few big ones!

BIG trax and no small crap, that will for sure get some hunter attention!.

:wtg::wtg::wtg:

/Faith

The dimwit having atrax park got alot of small crap trax there, no fun shooting all the crap just to get a few big ones!

/Faith

And how are you with handling Atrax Stalker? Nice and easy?

/Faith

is there not already an la with huge atrax? and oddly enough why do stalker atrax seem more dangerous then stalker atrox for some reason?

And how are you with handling Atrax Stalker? Nice and easy?

No they are not easy, never said they were.. but its fun hunting big trax.

is there not already an la with huge atrax? and oddly enough why do stalker atrax seem more dangerous then stalker atrox for some reason?

Dunno who ownes it now (north of nate aka "Atrax Park") But he destroyed that LA mixing small trax with big trax. Real stupid move if u ask me, big hunters dont wanna go there cuz of the small atrax, and beginners cant handle the big ones.. so wtf is that land all about now.. ?

/Faith

Comments on your LA

I just wanted to share with the other miners.

STAY away from this LA. I want it all to myself:laugh:

I had a amazing night mining on your LA. Thanks :wtg:

No to all creatures and Yes to more ruga bitte !

Atrax and Argos make Xander all happy
Finding them there would be nice for my mappy

1. Forget about making land for miners AND hunters. Else its miners OR hunters. Myth about miners mining, cause you can find something rare/good or whatever shit, when a lot of mobs or even few, but very agressive are around, are realy myth. As i already mentioned in one of LA topics, miners want to drop as much bombs posible in 1h. Taking additional ammo/guns/armor with you, means more weigth, less ore you can carry.
Personaly i avoid all areas where i need to spend more as 5-10 peds in ammo per run. Even if those mobs hit 1.0 on me. Its totaly imposible to move freely with 10 mobs on your even target claim in some cases (longu for example). If i want to hunt i go hunt. When i want to mine - i want to mine. I believe most of miners will agree with me.
2. All mobs DNA you mentioned arnt rare or unique. They are easy to find in a lot of places and areas. If you will get your hands on some rare mob DNA, which one a lot of hardcore hunters or teams will hunt, then its good idea.
For example spider DNA :D

At current state shinook jungle are are prety much crowded with miners (probly even more as Segna, since you dont need uber tools to get gazz/duru/belk/kanerium) and that will requiere prety much hunted mob DNA to beat income from mining. But maybe i am wrong and you getting like 10 peds per day :laugh: But during all mining runs in this area or near, i saw at least few green dots around, so i believe income are ok in all days, not only from day, when i got my 5,8k tower here :D
Also keep in mind most of peoples screaming - i want atrax/molisk/<insert any other crap/common mob here> arnt hardcore hunters. :)

Thank you for reading my spam ! :)

smal bery's for little hunters. it's next to a tp. bery's oot very well, giving 3 differant armors (and i have seen al three in a single drop before) they are an easy kill for all but the most noob miner who wont have pixie and an opallo.
seriusly... i wanna loot a set of shogun while mining, that would be WIN

I agree with many in this situation - think long term benefits

Mining numbers on the LA will not be effected if you add 2 DNA slots for the time being , gives fun for the hunters and still effective minng

Work out with habitats slots to use I say have 2 DNA active for the time being
Exos Set at mid numbers - max maturity & Dakibah Set at mid numbers - max maturity , therefore something to hunt and not much agro so you can mine as well, the area is heavily mined alot so revenue from mining will not be a problem and I forsee no drop in miners as there was already armax on the land.

However if you get hold of a tripudion DNA that would make a great additional slot as they agro a bit - but not much - not like merp,bery & argo. Molisks (higher maturities can be a pain warrior,leader) if you put molisks in then set the slider to 3/4s - so you avoid the leaders and get a small amount of warriors.

My two pec of info - from research of the LA and DNA/Habitat Settings

cheers:)

Agis McKraken

agree to see high merps or high argo, i would like to have more atrax but already Neo and CND.

I would like to see molisk young or daikiba alpha-stalker

Theres LA with big merps north from Segna forrest and big daikibas are in LA East from Wolverine hope...

please tell me what is the sense of making low density resapwn ? do you like 1-5 mobs on radar and spending 80% of your time on running ?

few mobs means straighter lines mining and you can still pop the odd mob now and again if you feel like it.

its worse then that. on the exo la, the argo dna is set to1 on density. you can run acrost the entire la and never see one.

Not to bad if you are out mining ;)

few mobs means straighter lines mining and you can still pop the odd mob now and again if you feel like it.

Not to bad if you are out mining ;)

thats until you run into one of the hunters who rarely spawns and he eats your face lol.

Hi,

I'd prefer it to be miner friendly.

So why not put in a quite small density of nice, cuddly mobs that are suitable to be used as bodyguard, or as playfellows, depending of the current NRF rate?

So only Atrax Guardian - Old Alpha are possible. Low density, so enough room to move. Fun, enjoyment, recreation - this would actually rock!

Have fun!

Frankly as a miner I would prefer either no mobs or ones like allo with very low aggro rate. Something high aggro like Atrox or Merps would be the worst, since they will run from radars edge to attack.

I like the LA's in Shinook now because I can naked mine... not having extra decay on the armor is a nice "gimme", especially since the ore markups are for crap these days.

Back