Oxford Bank

From what I read - you can now put this bank deed back on auction for sb 700 ped and BO 7k PED :laugh:

Because you surely will not cover the 400 ped / mo estate fee with this stunt you pulled :laugh: and better some cash than minus every day

I.

From what I read - you can now put this bank deed back on auction for sb 700 ped and BO 7k PED :laugh:

Because you surely will not cover the 400 ped / mo estate fee with this stunt you pulled :laugh: and better some cash than minus every day

I.

Were did u read that? plz point it out for me, i love to learn from all u finace guru´s out there.

But i agree stuff would been better solved if all this went privatly..but the flame monsters dont allow it...

I.

Not sure I understand what you are getting at.

I belive she just have to give the x days free from intresst not give them a month free time to redeam their loan.
She is her to invest not to do charity.
I dont say she did right or wrong to put it in the bank but i say ..she offers the ppl who lost their iteams in this mess can have it back for the money they own the bank..
And i probbely say not many lost so much in this 7 days.But i dont know , so dont u.

So flame me on now.
Iam ready to take the hits.

Thing is,

Someone might have a busy agenda.

He has items on the bank and he planned it a in a good way to fit with his irl. HE has a 2 day window to pick it up.

But then bank is on auc, he is gone for a 3 weeks. And when he fianlly gets back he gets the finger as he just had 1 week...

Thats not cool, U mess with people´s time, they planned it well, U cant decide how much time they need to get it back. Atleast give them a reasonable windown lotsa people play on a monthly basis., or cant log in to often..

Besides, I accidently gave you a +rep, just so you dont get any illusions.

We are not flaming, we are asking valid questions as the general public whom this bank is claiming to serve. We have a right to know what is going on, and if they aren’t going to give us this information it will help us as the general public come to a decision. And if we aren’t happy with what we hear, we lose our faith in a certain bank, which isn’t a good thing as that bank would like to make some money. Without trust it wont happen. I am very happy Aura took over, but it’s a bad choice she did not make a new thread and leave this one for the discussion. Flaming in you language Legolas. Anyhow isn’t there a lovely saying; The costumer is always right. Keep that in mind.
And if you find me such a finance guru, pay me or piss off.

Not sure I understand what you are getting at.

He is saying grab the the little bit of money you still can because by running the bank you will only lose.

Not my opinion but thats what he means.​

Last edited:
All this makes me glad I don't use the banks at this point in time and after following this I'm not to impressed with the way this one is being run. This whole affair could of been handled in a much better way I think. I hope it all works out for the people that have items in the bank, because I think this could be very bad for the future of the banks as peoples trust of the banking system in EU is being shaken. Well I guess this is the test of how secure your items really are if the owner makes a series of bad choices.

Thing is,

Someone might have a busy agenda.

He has items on the bank and he planned it a in a good way to fit with his irl. HE has a 2 day window to pick it up.

But then bank is on auc, he is gone for a 3 weeks. And when he fianlly gets back he gets the finger as he just had 1 week...

Thats not cool, U mess with people´s time, they planned it well, U cant decide how much time they need to get it back. Atleast give them a reasonable windown lotsa people play on a monthly basis., or cant log in to often..

Besides, I accidently gave you a +rep, just so you dont get any illusions.

We are not flaming, we are asking valid questions as the general public whom this bank is claiming to serve. We have a right to know what is going on, and if they aren’t going to give us this information it will help us as the general public come to a decision. And if we aren’t happy with what we hear, we lose our faith in a certain bank, which isn’t a good thing as that bank would like to make some money. Without trust it wont happen. I am very happy Aura took over, but it’s a bad choice she did not make a new thread and leave this one for the discussion. Flaming in you language Legolas. Anyhow isn’t there a lovely saying; The costumer is always right. Keep that in mind.
And if you find me such a finance guru, pay me or piss off.

He is saying grab the the little bit of money you still can because by running the bank you will only lose.

Not my opinion but thats what he means.​

Well i belive u have some valid points but i say if anybody have a certain problem to show up and redeam their loan .i belive u should explain it to her in a pm .I doubt she/or bank owner are totally ignore u and say thats your problem.
So...
next point:
about u should know stuff about things that dont concern u.Cuz u play this game?is that what u saying to me? are u so noisy u wanna know what ever happends in First planet company?If u are a customer ofc u should know.But this has a tendesy to turn into flame the shit out of the bank owner.
Why cuz u want to know someting that dosent even its your problem.
Once again iam not saying u in person but generally this turned into just flame the shit out of here.
Why? cuz she put it in bank and ppl couldent get their iteams?
Let me say this..thats not her problem its MA problem who made a secure banking system who turned into not so secured bank.
Remeber the bank license were sold for alot of money.who MA directly charges throug auction.
They promist secure system but it failed.
BUT still i belive bank owner are showing good will to help out the costumers for MA secure bank license failed.

I if dont agree about the secure banking system license ..i suggest u read about the it.

And u are right about customer have always right .Well i belive she just could hold of to MA explain their secure bank system to her.Cuz she is a customer aswell.
What will happen if she came her and say : Hey guys and girls u have 2 days to redeam your loans then i put it in auction.
PPl will go mad and dissaponted.
But hey its not her problem u cant redeam your loan on a restriced area its MA secure banking license who made this happen.

Advert and market studie now , tend to prouf that ears say , and "product quality" , pay more in long term than shit load of advert. Many big compagnie , do pay now what they did years ago.

True, but after working for an ISP I know that if there's a low amount of competition, you won't get anything even if you're right. Don't like it? Switch. Since the other ISP follows the same logic, you're almost always f*cked as a customer.

We are not flaming, we are asking valid questions as the general public whom this bank is claiming to serve.

If the agreement on expired banks is right yes or no should not be an issue at all, since the bank seemed to go bankrupt first, then tried to be sold (which would have happened if there would have been bidders), then tries to reopen it should invest heavely in regaining customer trust. Displaying the reopening on ingame adverts as indeed not every customer can be reached through EF and investing in customers, giving them goodwill.

Well i belive u have some valid points but i say if anybody have a certain problem to show up and redeam their loan .i belive u should explain it to her in a pm .I doubt she/or bank owner are totally ignore u and say thats your problem.
So...
next point:
about u should know stuff about things that dont concern u.Cuz u play this game?is that what u saying to me? are u so noisy u wanna know what ever happends in First planet company?If u are a customer ofc u should know.But this has a tendesy to turn into flame the shit out of the bank owner.
Why cuz u want to know someting that dosent even its your problem.
Once again iam not saying u in person but generally this turned into just flame the shit out of here.
Why? cuz she put it in bank and ppl couldent get their iteams?
Let me say this..thats not her problem its MA problem who made a secure banking system who turned into not so secured bank.
Remeber the bank license were sold for alot of money.who MA directly charges throug auction.
They promist secure system but it failed.
BUT still i belive bank owner are showing good will to help out the costumers for MA secure bank license failed.

I if dont agree about the secure banking system license ..i suggest u read about the it.

And u are right about customer have always right .Well i belive she just could hold of to MA explain their secure bank system to her.Cuz she is a customer aswell.
What will happen if she came her and say : Hey guys and girls u have 2 days to redeam your loans then i put it in auction.
PPl will go mad and dissaponted.
But hey its not her problem u cant redeam your loan on a restriced area its MA secure banking license who made this happen.

Legolas, you keep saying don’t interfere with there business. And that its not our business.
We don’t ask for the costumer details, I couldn’t care less about knowing who owns what or who is talking to aura. You think that’s what we want to know. You are wrong on that, all we want is general information. And we discuss the news that is brought out. Do you ever read a newspaper legolas? You talk about what is going on in the world? Or is it your limited view that keeps you from doing so? Well I do talk about what happens and I do give my opinion. And I am critical off the actions of people around us. Just like I am critical of you behaviour..
We share this great online world together, and the actions of a few can have a large impact on my level of enjoyment and could potentially harm the future of our online community. So yes I am not scared, and not ignorant enough to not question what is going on right under my nose. I cant tell her what to do, I don’t have to tell Aura what to do. But I can give my views without costumer feedback you are nothing in a competitive world. So please stop saying the same things Legolas and let the people who care about other peoples wellbeeing and about this universe please ask there questions and give there opinions..

Last edited:
Well i belive u just are noisy.Well thats my opinion.
But i will stop post about this.
Its more food to the trolls.
I said some valid points about the secure banking license and flaming.
I rest my case...

We are not flaming, we are asking valid questions as the general public whom this bank is claiming to serve. We have a right to know what is going on, and if they aren’t going to give us this information it will help us as the general public come to a decision. And if we aren’t happy with what we hear, we lose our faith in a certain bank, which isn’t a good thing as that bank would like to make some money. Without trust it wont happen.

We dont have any right , to know or to ask anything , its up to bank owner to diclose information he wish , and say what he wish.
But , that will be from that customer will make their choise.
From what i see and read here , reply are far from something that satisfy my curiosity , neither it give me any faith is that bank.
This will , as customer , help me to make choose next time i will want use a bank... I will just not visit at all this one.For the simple fact that when there is problem it seems customer just become shit right away.
I Have no clue how other bank will behave if a problem come.
But so far , this one dont seems to behave a good way for me.Its not how i make business , and its not how i like to be treatened when i make business.

We dont have any right , to know or to ask anything , its up to bank owner to diclose information he wish , and say what he wish.
But , that will be from that customer will make their choise.
From what i see and read here , reply are far from something that satisfy my curiosity , neither it give me any faith is that bank.
This will , as customer , help me to make choose next time i will want use a bank... I will just not visit at all this one.For the simple fact that when there is problem it seems customer just become shit right away.
I Have no clue how other bank will behave if a problem come.
But so far , this one dont seems to behave a good way for me.Its not how i make business , and its not how i like to be treatened when i make business.

Point taken, Badly formulated.
The public has a right to request information, up to the owner to give it though.

Because of my previous post, I was asked by Aura Lily if I was a borrower or a shareholder. Here is my reply.

No, I am neither a borrower nor a shareholder.

My interest is in establishing the protection of potential borrowers.

I read the thread some months ago when the Moneta Bank temporarily closed, and where MA made repeated, emphatic, unconditional guarantees that all affected borrowers would get their items back.

I was perceptive to see that this would require MA to have imposed certain conditions in the bank licences.

If a borrower was unable to reclaim an item just before going on vacation for several weeks, or becoming ill for example, the MA guarantee meant that they would still have to return his item. I could only see three possibilities

- prevent the bank from selling the item
- if the bank had sold the item, unwind that transaction and any subsequent trades
- duplicate the item.

It seems obvious that unwinding trades would not be what MA wished to do.

Further, if the item pledged were a high value, possibly unique item, MA would either not wish to duplicate it, or if they did, it would reduce in value by being no longer unique and therefore this would not fulfil the guarantee.

That only leaves the first solution.

So, since you have stated that you do intend to sell unclaimed items, either you are in breach of your licence, or, if you are not, the MA guarantee is not as unconditional as they have stated. By your proposed actions, you throw the spotlight back on MA.

Cycokick has made much the same point. Potential Borrowers have a right to clarity.

Anshe 6 months after she bought the banK :D

[YOUTUBE]DXCbAtkgNMw[/YOUTUBE]

All transactions made via this official bank system, such as loans, defaults, securities, interest etc., are safe and as such guaranteed by MindArk.

This is from Bertha Bots 06-04-2007 post. So I was just wondering how this will fall under the "are safe and as such guaranteed" portion of that above Quote. I understand situations change but this looks like a situation no one thought of when the banking licenses where conceived, and now their not sure how to handle it and save faith in the banking system at the same time without some one losing out.

Don't forget that the person with the item may not have an account at EF to read the announcement and even know the offer exists.

After going to the bank 3 or 4 days they may have given up and unless they happen to have accounts on EF and happen to be reading this thread, and happen to have seen the 7 day offer buried in the middle of the thread they would not know about it.

It would be nice if Aura or Anshe could work out something with MA to send an email explaining the deal and the time frame to all of the people affected by this. They would then have a way to make contact outside of a PM on EF.

Don't forget that the person with the item may not have an account at EF to read the announcement and even know the offer exists.

After going to the bank 3 or 4 days they may have given up and unless they happen to have accounts on EF and happen to be reading this thread, and happen to have seen the 7 day offer buried in the middle of the thread they would not know about it.

It would be nice if Aura or Anshe could work out something with MA to send an email explaining the deal and the time frame to all of the people affected by this. They would then have a way to make contact outside of a PM on EF.

There is an advert service in EU ... its does not cost much to make an advert and explain something...Also , if text is well writain , it can give faith back to some customers...

You can not reach evry singel that maybe was customer...
But you can show you make some effort...something better then 1 message in a middle of messy thread with write "IM" me , when people in EU have no clue that "IM" = "PM" ...

so with the bank deed not being sold,this whole buzz happened for nothing?

where are the potential buyers who kept asking to buy the bank?
Has the price been set reasonable for both the seller and buyers,they would have been competing for it?

off topic: I blame MA for so many banks and poor handling of their operations and value.

Heehee, you have to wonder what items were due for the end of their loan period during the 7days "down time" of this bank.

And yes Eto, the ingame advertising is there, but it is not a "safe and as such guaranteed" method for people to be able to reclaim their items that expired during the downtime.

Whole thing is a cock up really, and Aurora Lily is brave to take this on. I hope she can work it all out.

No way I use the banks in EU. Too many unresolved issues. We had this discussion in some threads when the banks were introduced. Looks like it has come to pass.

The DSE is in limbo. What happens if Anshe chooses not to float the bank until if, when the deed sells? Is MA going to step in? Or will it just be "abandoned" like some of the LAs? ...but with ppls items locked in?

The banks and any similar financial services companies are not a good idea until MA figures out "regulatory" issues. The stock market was never activated or was shut down rather quickly.

Back