Panic!!!

PS. Skippie if I'm not mistaken, were u worth more than me when i got my ATH, did u not have a mall at that time;)

yes, you are mistaken. my mall was owned in partnership with a silent backer. it was sold for 400k in the fall of 2007, after your atm. on that day i was worth roughly 200-210k. had you put your ath into items that are now worth 200-300% you would now be worth 500-600k in this game. that is not my fault that you are not, but posting a panic thread is probably not going to allow you to now buy these items at some generous discount, is my point.

The dollar (and the PED) are getting stronger...so depending on what is happening to you, it might be a good time to sell.

Some people are losing their asses right now and might thinking cashing in items form a "game" will help them in RL.

hehe fast answer, thought i save somewhere that u retired from EF :)

Well i did not say that i did not buy any items, i bought MM:140k, ML35:3-5k, 2x106 amp's:1k each, angel:23k, salamander:3-5K, Doa LM:3-5K and a bunch of skills. Lol i just realized that MM is the thing the has the lowest growth %wise.

Reactions: mit
Hmm, another thread about falling prices.

I do wonder if there's not some sort of jealousy involved when people post there opinions of the state of the market. 'You can afford uber gear so im going to take some glee in predicting you will lose ped' Who knows.

So, my brother bought a house 6 months ago. Is he in negative equity now? Yes? Is he worried? No. House prices will go back up. Its the same with gear in EU. sure some items may lose value for a bit (others wont) but they will go back up again.

Besides the people selling have more than likely made a big profit anyway. Maybe resellers may get stung, but who cares about that.

To me its natural that the prices goes down a bit when the $ goes up like it have in the last few months.
For me ist about 25% up in about 2 months
that means that bought something 2 months ago, paying 200K peds for it
I could sell for 150K peds today, and get all my money back
So to all non american players, its a good time to withdraw.
And like others have said, some might be saving up to get the a head start on the new planets

Just my 3 pecs

S V ;)

Well i did not say that i did not buy any items, i bought MM:140k, ML35:3-5k, 2x106 amp's:1k each, angel:23k, salamander:3-5K, Doa LM:3-5K and a bunch of skills. Lol i just realized that MM is the thing the has the lowest growth %wise.

yea the big things have had the smallest growth. the small things the most inflation. the bigger things are more stable, and the smaller things are more succeptible to panics. (i.e. a105s that traded for +500 at one point hit +100 when mind ark nerfed the opalo. then went to +2700 this spring, now at +1500.) it was my purchase of many small things that eventually led to me buying the MM. the MM paid for everything else. hope yours has treated you good, also.

at the disco!

Prices are going down for uber items as well as for lesser ones; I think it's normal at this point. By the end of the year we'll most likely have a better idea.

No need to panic just now... especially if you don't own items worth tens of thousands of $ ;).

at the disco!

panic.jpg

:laugh: at last a nice thread title for this sortta stuff.

The principle is simple:

If you get 10 rifles priced 10k$ in a short timespan (as it did happen recently) and you dont have 10 ppl to actually DEPOSIT 10k$ each - its not covered and is taken from economy. Therefore something MUST lose its value.

If someone does not understand this principle let me give an example (works only in EU, since its impossible to produce money):

You have 4 brothers which have 10 coins each, alltogether 40 coins.
Each of them has one apple. If they were to exchange those 4 apples they would do it at a price of 10 gold / apple.
Now! You give 2 of those brothers another apple. You have 6 apples now. Still 40 coins. If this were real world - you would now produce 20 more coins to cover for the difference, but in closed ecomony like EU you cant.
Therefore - each apple now costs 6.67 coins only because they are not covered by coins.

Now put "UL Isis CBxx" instead of "apple", and presume each coin is worth 10k PED and voila - you have your EU economy and its limits :laugh:

Therefore - nothing to panic about its all normal

Furthermore - I say who has given 10k$ for a rifle obviously has plenty, so that loss will not even scratch him :laugh:

I.

Panic or not, but consider this:

When i joined EU i thought "Man, what insane prices on some items... but maybe i buy an Adj FAP and DOA some day..." (around 4kUS$ at that point)

That was (is) lots of money, but an amount i could have "spend" to have some fun. Maybe i could have made a little profit or atlast i could have played this game for less or even for free...

The day i was ready to make such an "investment" i would have needed 12kUS$
Way too much (for me)... I bought a Camo Urban and had some fun...

A few month later L items were introduced and along with that my Camo became totaly uneco... (because of "adjusted loot"). So i sold it with 600US$ profit... good for me but i still wonder who ever was in need of such a weapon, so uneco that you can watch the drain on your ped-card.

Today i would need to pay around 2000 US$ for that Camo..:laugh:

Now, you really think that a lot of people will join EU (Calypso), a place where you can´t enter the Top without investing the value of a RL House, a car or a motorcycle? Where you can (need) to buy limited items which cost often more than any computer game. Items which may last 3-5 days of playing?

I will hit lvl 40 surveyer soon, i know good places to mine... Profit? :laugh: forget it.... free playing?:rolleyes: na....
MA wants to make profit, and now they do whatever will happen to Calypso.

Panic... ? Well, i am at ease and hope i will be able to play a "MA Game" for less in the future.

Its funny to see everyone with his opinion in this thread...

Now its my turn...

Some time ago i did make a topic about changes in the world and in the economie.

Now the time is there. All you stupid people thinking $10.000 is much...

The value of money is decreasing. Goverments all over the world invested billions of euro's, dollers and other money into the system so it won't collapse right away.

Well those moneymakers only profit more now these days and you all thinking about your uberstuff worth much ped/doller...

In some time of now you will all see everyone gonna earn more doller a hour but will buy less for that same doller.

Money is getting worthless. Now you think you are rich when you got 1.000.000 doller... Well in some years you maby earn 1.000.000 doller and not be able to pay all your costs...

I remember in Surinam prices of 12 egg's turned from 5,- to 5000,-

GL with your uberstuff all those who have... I am sure it will go up even more in numbers but not in value.

<#15>

Last edited by a moderator:
No panic yet.

But some people are just reasonably trying to sell their most over-valuated items, since the speculation cycle is breaking down in EU.

This phenomena is maybe accelerated by the IRL financial then econcomic crisis, but it started this summer actually, with bad news from MA.

EU will survive for sure, but I guess the prices will be "different" in the next months. (Unless MA wakes up and react.)

Now the time is there. All you stupid people thinking $10.000 is much...

-rep for this meaningless insult directed to everyone.

The value of money is decreasing. Goverments all over the world invested billions of euro's, dollers and other money into the system so it won't collapse right away.

Well those moneymakers only profit more now these days and you all thinking about your uberstuff worth much ped/doller...

In some time of now you will all see everyone gonna earn more doller a hour but will buy less for that same doller.

+rep for true statement, thats called "inflation" and every country practices inflation to stimulate investments. Easily compensated by investing your money (into the bank or buy gold during crisis)

1) Money is getting worthless. Now you think you are rich when you got 1.000.000 doller... Well in some years you maby earn 1.000.000 doller and not be able to pay all your costs...

2) I remember in Surinam prices of 12 egg's turned from 5,- to 5000,-

3) GL with your uberstuff all those who have... I am sure it will go up even more in numbers but not in value.

1) Fort knox is there for a reason - housing tons of gold - therefore - I hardly doubt this first statement.

2) I heard ppl still eat ppl in some bushes in central Africa :dunno:
Irrelevant.

3) 1) + 2) = Doubtfull + Irellevant

<removed, #15>

-rep for just being vulgar.

Rep total: 2 x -rep 1 x +rep = -rep for this post

<#15>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well market does fall indeed but that wont have too much of efect on uber items for now at least....if imp fap,doa`s, imk2,modmerc...etc will start to drop again then we will have serious markup fall...untill then..maybe slightly lower but nothing substantial...

Last edited:
The drop in prices of these "uber items" couldn't possibly be that the sellers have come to realize that, after spending a few k-peds listing these items for TT+100k and not getting any sales at all, that no one is willing to pay those kinds of prices... nah.. couldn't be.

The great thing about virtual economics, even in RCE's, is this:

The buyers have total control over prices, even though they seldom realize it, and less often exercise it.

If you think TT+2k is too much for something, you simply do not buy it.
When it doesn't sell, the seller is left with two options:

1. Keep trying to sell at that price, wasting PED on auction fees, shopkeeper decay, or maintence costs on shops. Enough loss and only a fool would continue to try to get such prices for things.

2. Lower the price. When a more agreeable price is reached, the item will sell.

But then, we have to contend with reseller teams - or worse, resellers with multiple accounts, who buy their own overpriced items simply to genereate an artificial markup.

I would LOVE to see the sales history of many items - only to laugh at how many have been bought and sold, over and over, by the same people.

I would LOVE to see the sales history of many items - only to laugh at how many have been bought and sold, over and over, by the same people.

This site:

http://www.peauction.com/

is useful for this, as it shows the final selling price and amount of bids for items that sold AND items that didn't sell.

Its only drawback is that it doesn't show items that were bought at buyout.

Wasn't sure if you knew about it. :)

Something is seriously wrong when you have to pay ~20.000 dollars just to be able to "enter" the slot machine room...

Hey guys!

Tell me is the market finally collapsing on the uber items?
I see there are 2-3 IMK2, imp fap, mod fap, I2870 and MM for sale, and many of the sales called "Fast Sales" and "Cheep Sales" so one cant help to wonder if the world bank crises finally has reached to EU :scratch2:

BTW I'm quite happy about the price dropping on items in EU, it was getting quite crazy. Maybe regular people can start playing EU soon :yay:

You mean, the kind of people who don't get ATHs from small atroxes?

Just wondering...

:rofl:

In some time of now you will all see everyone gonna earn more doller a hour but will buy less for that same doller

Your logic is correct but inverted imo in consideration to the PED system.
Due to a stronger dollar, there will be less peds ingame and less markupvalue but the value of peds themselves will be growing which isn't necessarely that bad as some may think. It might even be considered that the economy was sick and will now heal itself into playable terms again.

Anyway, MA's balancing manager will have some huge overtime atm as this is his responsibility (and not putting some ME chips into loot as some think) and one who is paranoid might even consider MA being part of the illuminati, steering world economics into darkness so US and EU players won't be attracted to withdraw all of their assets at the same time. (ok, is a minor bit exagerated but only a tiny bit) :laugh:

You mean, the kind of people who don't get ATHs from small atroxes?

Just wondering...

:rofl:

no, he means the regular ppl that don't get 230k ath's from crafting ore amps.

jh, when did you sell your gear off, recently? are you currently looking to reinvest? i'm confused as to what's the motivation behind the screaming of PANIC in the already on fire theatre?

cheers.

The reselling system is depending on that new addicted players puts in to much money to feed the old addicted sucker. This looks like a real mess and i hope those who sits with the overpriced items is prepared for it.

We call it "sitta med svarte petter " in swe.

Now, back to game and do some healing. ME is cheap :D

Maybe we need another thread with question like :

At what price will you be tempted to buy a :

- MM
- Mod Fap
- Imp Fap
- Imk2

As prices "drop" I'd like to see how jumps on it ;)

I remember buying an I2870 for 73K , seeing it drop to 45K and now passing 100K after selling it for 80K.

That being said ... buying MOD FAP for 35K ped, MM for 20K ped :D

Maybe we need another thread with question like :

At what price will you be tempted to buy a :

- MM
- Mod Fap
- Imp Fap
- Imk2

As prices "drop" I'd like to see how jumps on it ;)

I remember buying an I2870 for 73K , seeing it drop to 45K and now passing 100K after selling it for 80K.

That being said ... buying MOD FAP for 35K ped, MM for 20K ped :D

well i agree with everything said here, atami. atm, the imk2 seems to be hitting the 175-200k range. however, if albatross's sales thread and some other gear on the market that ppl are positioning to buy (including a supremacy + MM + Mod Fap package) are any indication, i would not hold my breath for a 35k mod fap or 20k MM anytime soon.

i'm also not rooting for the increased value or demise of the market values on the items, and yes, i own a imp fap and MM at this time.

1) Fort knox is there for a reason - housing tons of gold - therefore - I hardly doubt this first statement.

I.

There's something that I dont understand. As far as I know those are only reserves, they don't guarantee value of money. Period of time when value of money = gold reserves in national bank of ''country name here'' is over. Am I wrong or just missing something??

Back