Paolo's Diary

Just a repository post for my 2007 season's greetings signature...
Not that there was all that work involved, but....... :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas
and an
Happy nAn Year!

56 Exarosaur Old Alpha at OL-25!

It's been quite a while, but at least a global's back...
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
Good for The League 2007 - January too! ;)

... and no, it's not a Vigi Helm (M), it's another damn (F) one! :/

Gratzes here, plzz! ;P
P. :smoke:

116 Health Points!

1...1...6!!! :banana: :headbang:
116HPs.JPG

32 days after the last one! (yeah, not been playing that much tbh!)

Here's the gain message
116HP-Gain.JPG

and the skill level
116HP-Gain-Courage.JPG

Once again Courage!
117 coming soon in a forum near you... ;P

Paolo :smoke:

408 Feffoid Guard East of Camp Phoenix!

A nice HoF, with a full TT Korss H400 (L)! ;)

Not much of a story behind this one, only a lot of wasted ammo :p

You can leave your Gratzes here, please!

50 Exarosaur Stalker at OL-25!

Still no Vigi Helm, but I'll keep searching, and searching, and searching...

Hey, you can leave your Gratzes here, ofc! ;)

70 Exarosaur Stalker at OL-25!

Another one... Vigi's still MIA!
Good for The League 2007 ;)
Hey, you know you can leave your Gratzes here, don't you?! ;)

(2nd) Exarosaur Stalker at OL-25!

Two globals in a single session... not bad! :)
As small as it can get... nothing more to add on this one...

Gratzes here, please!

53 Exarosaur Prowler at OL-25!

Small one, good for The League 2007!

Gratzes here, please!

79 Exarosaur Old Alpha at OL-25! (with Vigi Helm M!)

Eventually...
I almost couldn't believe it was one of the right gender, had to look twice at the tooltip ;P

If you read my diary, you just can't miss Gratzing me on that one... you should know how much I've sweated for it! ;Phttps://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57174

Now on for the 2 missing parts... :wtg:

117 Health Points!

117!!! :headbang:
117HPs.JPG

36 days after the last one! (got it a few days ago...)

Here's the gain message
117HPGain.JPG

and the skill level
117HPGain-Courage.JPG

And Courage be it again!
118's next :wtg:

112 Maffoid Guard!

I'm missing only two parts for my looted Vigilante set (thighs and shins), so I started searching for them (hoping they won't make me work as hard as they did for the Helmet! :p).
No Vigi, but helped with today's losses...

Thread for your Gratzes here! ;)

50 Maffoid Guard at Raven Valley!

Nothing interesting, just for the records...

Gratz thread here, as usual...

54 Drone Gen03!

My first ever Bot global! :yay:

I was out hunting with Nicole for the WoF, protecting him from the Drones, and I got this little nice one!

"Noob's-first-ever-bot-global" Gratzes button here :)

(2nd) 54 Drone Gen03!

Another nice drone, same generation and value as the previous one, but carrying different things...

Gotta love them bots!

Gratzes here as usual, thanks!

65 Cornundacauda Mature at CornBeach!

CornBeach is the place to be!

Nothing special, move along...
Gratzes here, thanks!

118 Health Points!

118!!! :headbang: :tux:
118HPs.JPG

33 days after the last one! (got it yesterday...)

Here's the gain message
118HPGain.JPG

and the skill level
118HPGain-Handgun.JPG

And Handgun be it again!
119's next :wtg:

50 Feffoid Warrior!

A big Feff that was carrying a small H400...

Thread for your Gratzes here, thanks!

82 Attacker Gen07 at Grave of Generations!

I decided I wanted to loot a Minor TP chip...
Been there, done that! :yay:

You can deliver your very appreciated Gratzes here, thanks!

Silent Attacker Gen02! (ESI)

Yesterdat I kept on hunting Attackers, and found another nice present in there:
Few mins later, MepH dragged in a Mulaak'f Hunter, which cleared the zone from every green dot.
A bit pissed off for that, I fired up my newly looted MinorTP chip and jumped straight away in, to get back to hunt, but...
PvP4-EricTheGeek-175ped.JPG

That's what I get for being stoooopid, and not caring enough about precisely finding the right landing point.
Damn!

In the end, the session was only a 10ped loss, thanks to the ESI markup. But still, what a shame.

Attacker's love, part 1...

Some love from them botties... :wtg:

51 Attacker Gen05
71 Attacker Gen05
73 Attacker Gen08
Silent Gen05 (MinorTPChip)

Gratzes here, thanks!

Attacker's love, part 2...

More love for the Tincan Pigeons...

76 Attacker Gen09

50 Attacker Gen04

133 Attacker Gen10 (with ESI!)

69 Attacker Gen09

50 Attacker Gen09

Thread for your Gratzes here, thanks!

A few unposted globals...

Hello guys, it's been quite a while I'm not posting here, and I've got quite a backlog of unposted globals (and a few silents...) to get rid of, so here they comes...

Feffoid Bandit 15PED ESI

56 Maffoid Outcast (in team with Kyndig)

50 Feffoid Outcast

Feffoid Berserker 18PED ESI (in team with Kyndig)

61 Feffoid Warrior

70 Umbranoid Male Adept

69 Trooper Gen03

53 Atrox Young
(this one has a story: Miller, my socmate in the picture, was mining on Amethera and getting a lot of Perception gains, but finding anything... asked if I wanted to come get those few troxies on sight, and bang! xD)

... Continues...​

Last edited:
A few unposted globals (part 2)...

94 Trooper Gen03 (in team with Red)

60 Feffoid Raider

At that point I had to take a full month off Entropia Universe, since I was so busy working and projecting a few things that I simply didn't had the time to login...
When I came back, Kyndig welcomed me with that:
66 Miner Bot Gen06 (in team with Kyndig)

56 Gokibusagi Guardian

I also had a 154 Argonaut Scout and an 88 Umbranoid Female Patron, but PEAss missed them :/

50 Feffoid Guard

61 Faucervix Dominant

81 Formicacida Weak (in team with Kyndig, Tere and rayne... I was mainly fapping)

141 Formicacida Weak (in team with Kyndig, Tere and rayne... I was mainly fapping)

... Continues...​

A few unposted globals (part 3)...

93 Miner Bot Gen06 (in team with Will)

68 Atrox Old

51 Feffoid Raider

Then the Eomon migration started again... we gathered together a team and went trying them... loot was that poor, and lag was that nasty that we just stopped after less that 10 of them, and went to try out some big Hogglos first, then Malcruentor/Osseocollum later...
71 Malcruentor Old (in team with Kyndig, Will, Tere and rayne)

After a couple hours of nothing we split, and me and Will went to check out the Armax spawn at Cape Corinth... that's our first kill after we teamed up:
235 Armax Bull Alpha (in team with Will)

243 Miner Bot Gen04 (in team with Kyndig and rayne)

58 Drone Gen03 (in team with Kyndig and rayne)

56 Miner Bot Gen03
(in team with Kyndig, Red and rayne)

... Continues...

Last edited:
A few unposted globals (part 4)...

85 Snarg Provider (in team with Echo, Red, rayne and Red's wife, TP-running Red's wife)

That's it, thanks for your much welcomed Gratzes, which you can comfortably deliver here!

In the backlog I also had that last two Health Points: 119 and 120!!! :banana: :tux:
119HPs.JPG

120HPs.JPG

119 came 25 days after the 118th, while 120 came 70 days after the 119... (I had a full month off EU in the meanwhile...)

Here's the gain messages:
119:
119HPGain.JPG

120:
120HPGain.JPG

For the 119, Courage was at 2347 and Serendipity at 1882... For the 120, Weapons Handling was at 3069!
121's coming :wtg:

Half-way to uberness! (for real...)

I'm proud to announce that I've eventually got my 60 Agility points!
60Agility.JPG

Since it was long due (more than one year! :eek:), I also had to post it in the Achievements forum! ;P

You can Gratz me here, if you feel like! ;D

2pecs thinking, bis...

First off, hey! Been a long time! ;P

Second, sorry for the bis'ed title of this post, but I've already used "2pecs thinking...", so that's a bis... And the title is Oh! So fitting that I couldn't search for another one! :twocents:

Now, into the matter, today VU9.0 was published, and it was greatly looked forward due to the two previews (1, 2) that MindArk published in the month before, with images about the new details, the textures, the bump mappings, the shadows and the reflections and all the other Shader3.0 eyecandy.
Problem is that, alongside with all that :drool: nice things, they also introduced a couple things that the playerbase didn't really liked (and other less hatred...):
  • 2pec decay on every piece of armors/clothes when you equip them
  • Foot guards for every armor, not effective until VU9.1
(Can you tell where did I had the title idea, now?!)
I won't go now into detail about the single aspects of those two things, since the Support Case I've just sent basically sums it all nicely (I hope! :rolleyes:).
So, bring it on: :yay:
Support Case #120034 said:
Dear Support,
first of all thanks for extending your work time onto Saturdays. Maybe some of you won't like it much, but it will be a better service for the community, and you should know we all appreciate it.

The rest of this support case is a compliant, so please forward it to the related responsible and count it as such for your internal statistics. Thanks.

------
The second reason I'm writing you is about the 2pec decay fee on every piece of clothing or armor that the avatar equips. I think this is a great mistake that will badly affect the general gameplay.
I find it hypocrite that you put this tax to avoid people changing themselves multiple times, but ont he other hand add another piece of armor to the sets. It's not people changing themselves that creates lag, it's player's computer, the network connection load and the server latency/response, but I'm sure you know that already.

Talking about that new footguards, you wrote that they will be effective only with the next major VU, 9.1. I ask you to publish a publication date for it, granting users a reasonable timeframe (say 2months+) to gather the most rare pieces for their best armors, and to reassure your playerbase about the fact that you care about their investments.

A third reasoning must be made about the aspect of decayed/low-TT-value clothes.
We all know that MindArk never did much advertising about Project Entropia before and Entropia Universe after, having started the one and only media campaign less than an year ago. And let's not talk about printed magazines, ads, sponsorizations, etc... Never seen any report about them.
The most of the images that circulates around are taken and grabbed by your own playerbase, which wants to show off their clothes, accessories, armor sets, furnitures and the looking of those combinations.
Now are you sure you want to have a nice and detailed texture maps, bump maps, reflections and the whole other Shader3.0 eyecandy showing mainly people going around naked, or with their Orange Jumpsuits?
Have you tried Google-ing for "Entropia Universe" on images? Or "Project Entropia"?

Now, as others will probably have already written you by now, I'll stop the good old fun hunting and PED spending activities, and revert to use your marvellous ped-costing, lag-free (!), shader3.0-but-all-grey game for chat and social activities until things settles out and your Community Representatives (were they both on holiday today, the VU9.0 day? Did they knew at least the content list? o_O) come out and tells us the MindArk takes on the matters on the table, and what will/will not be done.

Again, thanks for your precious time, and keep up the good work! (Talking to Support here, ofc...)
Paolo
Feel free to use/copy/modify/edit/reference it or do whatever you find best with it... :wtg:

I'm also changing my signature:
:twocents: 2pecs thinking... :scratch2:
:eek: What were you thinking, MA?! :rolleyes:
Use/Copy/Modify/Reference Support Case #120034, 10 October 2007.
Send your Support Case NOW!

UPDATE: Support closed the above support case, with the following:
MindArk Support Department said:
Dear Participant,
Thank you for reporting. We are currently evaluating reactions to the Version Update and your feedback will be considered in this process.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

What to say... There's still hope they'll evaluate our reactions with a little grain of salt...

Last edited:
Can you believe that?!

I'm sorry guys, usually I'm not the kind of person that steps out and says "Hey! I told ya", but damnit! I told ya!

I've just seen the Status Update 1 - Open Letter to MA following VU9.0 thread by AJack10600, and he said that the only eMail he got back as of the posting date was the following one:
Marco Behrmann's Vacation eMail said:
Thank you for your mail. I am currently on vaction and will be back in October. For pressing issues, please contact Mr. David Simmonds (davsim@mindark.com) for Business Development or Mr. Carl Uggla (carugg@mindark.com) for Press and Marketing.

Regards
-Marco Behrmann
-CIO MindArk PE AB / Entropia Universe

Now scroll up and read the last few lines of the Support Case #120034, 10 October 2007:
Support Case #120034 said:
[...]
Now, as others will probably have already written you by now, I'll stop the good old fun hunting and PED spending activities, and revert to use your marvellous ped-costing, lag-free (!), shader3.0-but-all-grey game for chat and social activities until things settles out and your Community Representatives (were they both on holiday today, the VU9.0 day? Did they knew at least the content list? o_O) come out and tells us the MindArk takes on the matters on the table, and what will/will not be done.
[...]
(emphasys added)

See? I told ya!

And, to add a long-time-player's perspective, here's what Dreicc said in that very thread linked above:
first time in 5 years i see marco on vacation when a new vu is implemented ...
'nuff said...

Infact, a little more intelligence gathering showed that Marco|MindArk's last post is dated back on the 27August07, 07:49MA. His profile unfortunately doesn't show his last activity date/time. On the other hand, Frank|MindArk has tried to give the community some infos while they where waiting for the servers to come back up after the VU9.0 upgrade: his last post is infact dated 9October07, 08:30MA. He then kept lurking on the forums those days, infact his profile shows his last activity at 11Oct07, 12:05MA. Let's hope he gave an headsup to his boss on what's going on, at least... :rolleyes:

On a side note, I got the Open Letter the thread linked above talks about, added a couple recipients more (Community Representatives and Support Department), printed one copy each, signed with my real name and address, ingame name and society/rank, and they're going out with tomorrow morning's post...

As I said there, here's hoping they will want to at least read, if not answer. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Getting older...

Once again...

Getting older, lol...
Now back to skilling! :boxer:

Back