Paolo's Diary

EU Support Dept. & PEAss, Support Case #95040

Hey there!
Seems that MindArk's Support Department is getting a bit confused about PEAssistant and their own EULA...

I've just posted a Support Case, number 95040 - 09 Nov 06, with the following text:
Support Case #95040 - 09 Nov 06 said:
Dear MindArk Support,
in a recent post on EntropiaForum ( https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8360&page=81&pp=10#post521741 ) a response from the Support Department was posted about the use of "PE-Assistant", the ingame utility made by Jorrit Jongma (Hepheistus "Chainfire" of-Zeus).
The Support Dept. was quoted as saying that:
"No the "PE-assistant" is not allowed. As stated in the EULA no third-party software is allowed and "PE-assistant" files under this category."

The EULA clearly writes that:
"The Participant also agrees upon not using any Third Party software or equipment that influences the Entropia Universe in any way."

It has been stated clearly, and many times, that PE-Assistant doesn't interfere in any way with the Entropia Universe, since the only thing it does is providing a comfortable and easy interface to external functions, amongst which a screenshot module, an iterface with different EU-related sites (pe-wiki.info, peauction.com, my2pecs.com), a web browser, etc...

So the reason for not allowing the use of PE-Assistant can't be that it "influences the Entropia Universe".

That said, with the presupposition that the above statements are correct, I fail to see how PE-Assistant's use can't be allowed and why you said that in that previous Support Case answer.

Thanks for your assistance,
Paolo
You can find the original discussion in the PEAss' thread here on EF...
Let's hope they'll get back to us with a clear and thought after response, this time.
P. :smoke:

EDIT: Signature updated:
PEAss is a third party application.
PEAss does not influence Entropia Universe.
PEAss' usage should not be forbidden.
Support Case #95040, 09 Nov 06.
Feel free to post your support case today!

EDIT: Support Case updated:
Long story short:
PEAss is not forbidden!

MindArk Support said:
Hi,
We simply cannot comment on Third Party Programmes. We also cannot recommend using them. We have received reports on fake versions containing key loggers and spy ware. Even if the current version might be harmless, such software can easily be modified. We just want you to be aware of the risks with such programmes.

Regards,
Entropia Support
Since they left the case opened, here's my reply:
Support Case #95040 said:
Thanks for the answer! It sounds much better than the previous one.

I (and I'm sure the whole community for that matters) truely appreciate your efforts on communicating such threats to the users, and stating clearly (as you did with a Support News note about "Third Party software used to hack your login information!" on the 13th October 2006) that:
"[...] running Third Party software together with the Entropia Universe is not condoned by MindArk PE AB. Such software can contain key loggers and/or spyware and we cannot gaurantee the safety of your Entropia Universe account if you ignore this warning."
...is a right step forward into increasing your user's consciousness about the risks involved.

I for one will gladly take the risks involved with using PEAssistant (and every other Third Party software I'm using, all of which _DO_NOT_ influences the Entropia Universe in any way) regarding my own computer's and account's security.

The discussion about the usage of "not condoned", and about the difference between "Third Party software" and "Third Party software or equipment that influences the Entropia Universe in any way" has already been done on EntropiaForum, and I'll appreciate if you would stick to the correct terms and definitions set forth, without generating false alarms like the one quoted above.

Thanks for your assistance,
Paolo
UPDATE: Support case closed:
MindArk Support said:
Hi,
Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Entropia Support
Guess there was nothing more to say, afterall...

Signature updated too:
PEAss is a third party application.
PEAss does not influence Entropia Universe.
PEAss' usage should not be forbidden.
Support Case #95040, 09 Nov 06.
Update, 14 Nov 06: PEAss is not forbidden!

Last edited:
57 Cornundacauda Mature at CornBeach!

Hey there!
That's my first one since I've moved to First Person Aim mode, instead of 3rd Person Auto-aim, so yes, it's a bit of a special one :)
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
Content: 5038 Animal Oil Residue, 1 Animal Thyroid Gland Oil, 35 Wool, 1 Cornundacauda tentacle...

I can thank you for your Gratzes if you go and click it here! ;P

126 Cornundacauda Mature at CornBeach!

CornBeach is da place to be! ;)
Now don't come tell me I haven't told you! :wise:

Hey, don't you forget to press that nice blue button here! ;D

100 Maffoid Outcast at Raven Valley

Still testing how the Breer M2a (L) + A102 combo works out...
Can't say that it's any bad, indeed:
... but still I miss my Opalo :)

You can burst your itchy finger with a Gratz here! ;P

111 Health Points!

111, baby!!! :banana:
110HPs_386581.JPG

20 days after the last one!

Here's the gain message
111HPGain.JPG

and the related skill(s)
111HPGainCourage.JPG

111HPGainHandgun.JPG

I believe this time Courage was the culprit, as it comes after the gain message... but I've shown Handgun too for your information :p
Wiki confirms both, BTW.
112's coming soon in a forum near you... ;P

Paolo :smoke:

208 Cornundacauda Mature at CornBeach!

After more lossy days, today came a nice one eventually...

Unfortunately, due to a previous Entropia crash, PEAss wasn't loaded, so I don't have any screenie (yep, tried Alt-Tabbing out, but Entropia crashed again, leaving nothing in the Clipboard... :rolleyes:)

Contents were: Animal Thyroid Gland Oil, Animal Oil Residue, Cornundacauda tentacle, Bigwig boards, Animal hide, Kobold gloves (M).

The story about this one is quite sweet, in a kind of way... Infact that one was near another girl (Atti) who was hunting at the Beach... she was busy with another one, and before going for it I looked and saw that she had still more than half of its HP to take down, so I stepped ahead and pulled this one... killed it... looted it... Global! :D

Then I turned, and she was staring at me without saying a word... she turned and run away... I felt morally compelled to run after her, and I decided to give her some of my global... 20peds :)
I know, maybe if she killed she wouldn't have had a global, but hey, that's how I am! ;)

P. :smoke:https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17146&page=13&pp=10#post534779

Last edited:
79 Cornundacauda Mature at CornBeach!

And here's another one:
Contains: Kobold mask & gloves (F), 1272 Animal Oil Residue and 4174 Med cells.

First time I got a Corn global without the tentacle... :dunno:

Gratzes here, pleaseeeee :D

112 Health Points!

Woot, this is getting faster!
112, baby!!! :banana:
112HPs.JPG

12 days after the last one!

Here's the gain message
112HPGain.JPG

and the skill
112HPGain-WeaponsHandling.JPG

Weapons Handling again... Thank you very much, Mr. WH!
Wiki confirms , ofc.
113's coming soon in a forum near you... ;P

Serendipity!

Just a few mins past that additional Health gain right here above, I've unlocked Serendipity, at last! :D
Skills updated on the Wiki info page too :)

Now, how long is it to Coolness?! :p

Hey, move your A*s and click that Gratz button here... I've worked hard for that one, and I damn deserve it! ;P :rofl:

113 Health Points!

113, baby!!! :banana:
113HPs.JPG

9 days after the last one!

Here's the gain message
113HPGain.JPG

and the skill(s) involved
113HPGain-Handgun.JPG

113HPGain-LaserWeaponryTechnology.JPG

Wiki confirms Handgun, but there's no proof for Laser Weaponry Technology... anyway here they are...
114's coming soon in a forum near you... ;P

51 Bristlehog Young at Treasure Island!

Eventually, after a few dry and lossy days, swirlies and trumpets:

That's my brand new Ghost armor, equipped with Red's 6b plates and with a couple H350 (L) I dusted off of my storage...
Pistol is an M2722, TT-fodder: still searching for my H400 :handgun:

Please don't forget to click that big blue Gratz button here, thanks! :)

50 Cornundacauda Mature at CornBeach!

And another one:
Contents: Kobold mask (F), 35 Wool, Corn tentacle, 1205 Animal Oil Residue and 2996 Med Cells.
No biggie at all... this is my personal All Time Low global...
But hey, it's still a global! ;D

You can deliver your welcomed Gratz here, please! Don't let the ThumbDown icon fool you, tho! :)

In-game FPS Counter

Just posted this thread in the About Entropia Universe - Technical section of the forum: In-game FPS Counter.

----------
Hello there,
a discussion here on the forum made me search high and low for ways to know you actual ingame FPS (Frames per Second) alternative to using Fraps.

The search conducted me to two useful third party tools that, amongst many others, also have this function: ATI Tray Tool and nVidia Tray Tool.

Since I don't have an ATI-based computer available right now I'll describe the latter, but the configuration of the first one shouldn't be much different.
If you want to try and give me some screenshots, please go ahead: I'll be happy to update this post!

DISCLAIMER
I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your computer or the global warming. Use at your own risk!

nVidia Tray Tool
The download and installation of NVTray is quite straight forward (just note that you'll need Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installed (x86, x64, IA64) for it to work).
I downloaded the NVTray 1051 Beta 4 (x86, x64) version, because the Flash On Screen Display code, written by ATI Tray Tool's author, is not yet available in the stable release.

After the download and the installation we'll have a new icon sitting in our systray, with a comfortable right-click menu for various settings:
nvtray_icon.jpg

Double click the icon, and NVTweak opens. Choose the Settings menu -> Preferences and switch to the OSD Settings tab:
nvtweak_prefs.jpg

As you can see, the basic configuration is pretty forward but rather complete: you can select on which corner to draw the informations (Bottom Left in my example), what informations to draw (FPS Counter, speeds, temperatures, memory, etc) and the informations' update rate.

Done those basic settings, you can launch Entropia Universe and look at your system's performances in real time!
And it also works in windowed mode too!

Have fun!

NOTE: PEAss worked fine while in fullscreen mode, but haven't tested it using windowed mode, since that was out of the purposes of this article. Feel free to post your experiences.
P.S.: I haven't touched any of the other available settings, for it wasn't the reason of this quick article. Feel free to do it and experiment

ATI Tray Tool
Thanks to Meric for testing it out and providing the configuration screenshots!
Thanks to Miller for providing the ingame screenshots, with an enviable framerate too!

The download and installation of ATI Tray Tool is simple and straight forward.
After the download and the installation we'll have a new icon sitting in our systray, with a comfortable right-click menu for various settings:
att1.gif

Right click the icon, select Tools & Options -> OnScreen Display:
att2.gif

Being based on the same code, the configuration of the OSD of NVTweak is pretty similar to this one, so I won't go into more details... You've got the same options: where to draw the informations (Bottom Left in the example), the informations' update rate, etc...

Done those basic settings, you can launch Entropia Universe and look at your system's performances in real time!
And it also works in windowed mode too!

Have fun!

P.S.: I haven't touched any of the other available settings, for it wasn't the reason of this quick article. Feel free to do it and experiment

Last edited:
83 Longu Mature at Akoz's Longu Land

Testing out my new H400 (L)...
Another one for The League Part IV competition!
Gratzes here, please! :D

80 Longu Mature at Akoz's Longu Land!

Still testing... ;D
Another one for The League Part IV competition!
Gratzes
here, please again! :D

51 Longu Guardian at Akoz's Longu Land!

The competition starts re-heating up...
Will be hard to re-gain the time lost, but hey! No pain, no gain! ;)

Gratzes here, thankyouohsomuch!

114 Health Points!

411...ehm... 114!!! :banana:
114HPs.JPG

6 days after the last one!

Here's the gain message
114HPGain.JPG

and the skill(s) involved
114HPGain-Handgun.JPG

114HPGain-Marksmanship.JPG

Wiki confirms Handgun, and clearly denies that MMS influences health... anyway here they are...
115 (my good ol' friend!) coming soon in a forum near you... ;P

134 Cornundacauda Mature at CornBeach!

After Sunday's losses of more than 160peds in a single run, I'm back at CornBeach to regain some back...

Buck's there again with another 24hrs stunt, and after chatting and helping him out a bit our hunting roads parted...
Not more than 5mins later that one popped:

I feel a bit sorry for having had this global, sincerely... but I'm sure he'll get a big HoF for his endurance proofs! :)

Before you go check how Buck's 24hrs cutting hunt ended, why don't you take the time to deliver your Gratzes here, pwetty please?!

50k Total Skills!

I did that for 30k, and now, 33 days later, I'm doing it again:
I've just passed 50k Total Skills! :yay:

A nice, round and wannabe-mighty intermediate milestone!
Today it's 1year, 1month and 16days since I started, and considering I did things mainly economy-based, I guess that isn't too long afterall! :p

I've updated my skills on the Wiki, but if anybody's interested here's my actual (10dec06) PEStats .dat file (hosting courtesy of e-lite's free upload service! :)).

I guesstimate 6months more for the 100k, if everything goes well... we'll see...
Cheers,

64 Bristlehog Old at Treasure Island!

Last few days has been quite slow...
Lots of losses on everything I tried (Longus, Troxies... even Corns! :rolleyes:), so I grabbed a full-TT H350 and went searching for my H400...
That one came just after telling to Kyndig my day: 430ped ammo with the H350+A102 and still no H400...
Imagine the "lol"s that followed :)
Korss H400 (L) has a 55.01TT value, you see the rest :p

Thread for your Gratzes here, please... :)

Wistrel's Diary popularity statistics

Just a quick note here 'cause I've found that Wistrel reported in her Diary some cool popularity statistics for the most viewed Diaries here on EF...

Here's the image ripped right off of her post:
popular.jpg

Average views per post of the "most read" diarys as of 12/12/2006

I'm number 14 in the chart, it seems... :wtg:

Calculation method used seems to be Views/Posts, which does of course penalize diaries with high number of posts... but hey! It's still something to start with! :)
+rep to Wistrel! :)

115 Health Points!

115!!! :banana: :headbang:
115HPs.JPG

10 days after the last one!

Here's the gain message
115HPGain.JPG

and the skill level
115HPGain-Serendipity.JPG

Wiki confirms Serendipity (my first one from that skill!)
116 coming soon in a forum near you... ;P

95 Exarosaur Prowler at OL-25!

Gone back searching for my Vigi Helmet...
Still no luck, but before this global I got an (F) one and an additional HP! :)
So, still no Vigi Helm and no HoF neither... Gotta skill more! ;P

Thread for your Gratzes here, thanks! :)

62 Exarosaur Prowler at OL-25!

Still no Vigi Helm for me... but I'm already counting more than 5 (F) looted... :rolleyes:

You can leave your Gratz here... ;)

188 Exarosaur Stalker at OL-25!

Same session as the previous one, two hours after...
Still no Vigi Helm for me, and still no HoF... Both qualifies for The League Part IV tho :)

You can leave your Gratz here... ;)

P.S.: btw that was the first time I got two globals in a single session... :thumbup:

New Wiki Admin...

Hello guys!
I've just received a surprise Christmas present from Witte, who asked me to become a new PE-Wiki Admin! :yay:

I'm so proud of that, and I wanted to share it with you all!
Now forgive me, but I'm off for more Xmas celebrations with family and friends and alcoholics! :wtg:

482 Exarosaur Prowler at OL-25 (My first HoF!)

Eventually my first HoF came... took me only 1year 2months 2days! :tux: :p
Number 21 on the list, and it feels good! :wtg:

Here's to many many many more to come :beerchug:
Now I'm sorry, I've got to get back in to have some more...

Oh, and please don't forget the Gratzes for that one here! ;)

Back