Jamira

Elite
Banned
Society
Freelancer
Okay okay!

Mulga from "Antipodian Army" sent us a new challenge:

Ok then :D

You guys think you can drink beer? Be aware that you are up against Australia, one of the biggest beer drinking nations on the planet. :yay:

While our beer may not be as old as yours, we still make some very nice brews :wtg:

So bring on your mixed team of misfits, recruit the Belgians, Dutch, Luxembourgians ( is that a word? :D) Danish mercenaries, and anyone else you like.

We plan on beating you, then tipping the beer dregs on your head. :silly2:

Others answered already at Team DACH's thread. I think it's worth it to make a small parallel competition ... or just something about what we like. :)

DACH, Australia, BENELUX, USA ... all others! Let's post all our favorite beer brands! World of Beer ... WoB
I'm from Germany. My favorite is Lena! Ooooops ... ehrm JEVER!

Last edited:
Here we go:

Last edited:
How can they be the biggest Beer drinkers if they cant even spell it :nana:

I am partial to the German Beers, since I lived there for almost 8 years... but this Beer was damn good, too

pilsner_urquell.jpg

Yummy :thumbup:

I am partial to the German Beers, since I lived there for almost 8 years... but this Beer was damn good, too

pilsner_urquell.jpg

Yummy :thumbup:

Uhhhh ohhh! Unfortunately "Pilsner Urquell" is a beer from the inventors of "Pilsner" ... they are from Czech ... see the label

Uhhhh ohhh! Unfortunately "Pilsner Urquell" is a beer from the inventors of "Pilsner" ... they are from Czech ... see the label

Oh I know... I was in Pils when I drank it the first time. So we can only mention Beers from our native country?

Oh I know... I was in Pils when I drank it the first time. So we can only mention Beers from our native country?

Mention whatever you want. Everybody should be welcome ... no semi finals here because that is an impossible undertaking ;)

Some would say if you can spell it, you haven't had enough.

Real ale drinker and one of my old favourites comes from the local Abbeydale Brewery:

http://www.abbeydalebrewery.co.uk/regular_beers.html

eg. Abbeydale Moonshine Pale Ale:

However not been in a pub that sells it recently so no clue if that's still going.

When it's available at my local I'll go with:

Morrissey and Foxy's Blonde Pale Ale:

When neither of the above available then I'll usually go with this one coz it's cheap at my local:

Black Sheep Bitter:

or you can't go wrong with either:

Timothy Taylor's Landlord:

or

Marstons Pedigree:

Hmm...all this talk and pictures of beer is making me mighty thirsty! :)

Real ale drinker and one of my old favourites comes from the local Abbeydale Brewery:

http://www.abbeydalebrewery.co.uk/regular_beers.html

eg. Abbeydale Moonshine Pale Ale:

Ahhhrg! No photo of a bottle or a cask? Take a photo if you are able to. Or publish a screenshot of the brand label.

P.S. Make something wich is 384 pixels in hight ... uuhhhm ... I just started with this number ... sorry :ahh:

Last edited:
List updated ... see post #2

... only four combatants so far ... :mad:

Ahhhrg! No photo of a bottle or a cask? Take a photo if you are able to. Or publish a screenshot of the brand label.

P.S. Make something wich is 384 pixels in hight ... uuhhhm ... I just started with this number ... sorry :ahh:

Struggling a bit to find something appropriate but forgot about this nearby pub that sells lots of different fantastic Abbeydale beers so next time I'm in I'll take an appropriate photo (sorry size nor content isn't what you asked for Jamira) ;) :

Edit: lol at 11% of the Abbeydale 'Last Rites' beer.

Paulaner added ... "So gut is mein Japanisch auch wieder nich." ;)

Southern Africa

castle_glass.jpg

Competition over.

:Beerchug:

Was time to see your post Spike :D

Yo ... wich is your favorite? Shall I take the first ... welsh pride?

... or one of the other lame attempts? [compared to JEVER?]

LOL! Sorry ... just kidding ... each one counts ... but only one per poster

No I think Double Dragon is my favorite, though they are all good :)

Yeah BERLIN! :yay:

180px-hansa_pils.jpg

There and back again!

Einbecker_Bild.jpg

The city in Lower Saxony that gave the World Bock beer now has only one brewery, which offers three variants on the theme, including this dark version. It's mid-brown, onion-skin pale in the light with a lacy, modest head. The aroma is complex, with a barley-sugar sweetness, vanilla tones and various esters. The palate immediately signals class: it's beautifully balanced and elegant, with a well-controlled carbonation. It begins malty but with a lemon juice-sharp tang, then hoppines fills the mouth almost like peppermint, offsetting the faintly barley-sugar sweetness of the malt. There's warming alcohol, butterscotch and, at the finish, a very drying note, with herbal bitterness on the back of the tongue, though the beer stays poised and well-rounded with a little grainy malt (Oxford Bottled Beer Database). 33cl, 6.5%ABV.

Drinking and spelling may be two different things ... just my two PEC

Indeed they are lol... and the former usually impairs the latter :laugh: :beerchug:

The best beer is the one that's in my glass at the time :)

vb_beer2.jpg

Or this one, it is the best, it even says so on the label.

Back