Question: Passenger connection problem in space

Wirlo

Guardian
hello, i have a question.

Im a ship passenger from a mothership, vtol, etc..., if i lose conection but the pilot not, what happend with me?, pilot continue without me and i go alone to a revival terminal?, how can i found other ship now?

i have a lot of question i star with this one.

thanks.

I would take a guess this.
You will propobly reconnect at the same spot where you lost connection.
If you had made it into space then the ship you were on would have moved on.
Most likely would you die and revive at the nearest space station.

A wild guess.

I would take a guess this.
You will propobly reconnect at the same spot where you lost connection.
If you had made it into space then the ship you were on would have moved on.
Most likely would you die and revive at the nearest space station.

A wild guess.

so you are lose in space without any way to move :eyecrazy:, maybe it is with vtol but mothership maybe works diferent because is very very dificult have 50 guys login at same time, right?

so you are lose in space without any way to move :eyecrazy:, maybe it is with vtol but mothership maybe works diferent because is very very dificult have 50 guys login at same time, right?

You will choke and die in 10 seconds and then revive. Same as when your ship gets shot down.

You will choke and die in 10 seconds and then revive. Same as when your ship gets shot down.

yes i know, i mean when you revive you are lose in the revival point without ship, without pilot, etc..., if this happens to me i pay any price to go to calypso again :laugh:

Sorry to go offtopic a bit, but I need to ask : Do you die in 10 seconds already ? I read in another thread that you only die after 1 minute.

yes i know, i mean when you revive you are lose in the revival point without ship, without pilot, etc..., if this happens to me i pay any price to go to calypso again :laugh:

Ahh..yes..that could be a problem! :laugh:

I think OP has a very good point, and it is a serious weakness in the Space environment. With journey times of apparently 30 minutes, if any passenger or the pilot disconnects, they end up reviving at the nearest space station, which may be where they started from, their destination, or even perhaps another if they are travelling an arced route.

Sorry to go offtopic a bit, but I need to ask : Do you die in 10 seconds already ? I read in another thread that you only die after 1 minute.

You may be confusing the time it takes to revive after death with the time you are alive after being thrown out of a destroyed ship (or logging in, floating in space), and where you can be killed and looted, which I believe is about 30 secs. (This is another weakness, because if you log out, you can do it in 20 secs).

You may be confusing the time it takes to revive after death with the time you are alive after being thrown out of a destroyed ship (or logging in, floating in space), and where you can be killed and looted, which I believe is about 30 secs. (This is another weakness, because if you log out, you can do it in 20 secs).

Ok, thanks for clearing this !

So after destroying your VTOL or spaceship, the attacker has 30 seconds (or 20 if you log out) to kill you. Does wearing armor have any effect in this period ? If an ava would be wearing let's say tier 5 Hermes with decent plates and has decent HP, it could be quite a challenge to get his health down to zero in 20 or 30 seconds (considering the attacker will probably miss a few times as well).

So, does armor work in that period ? And related to that, would your Dodger level have any effect on the number of missed shots of your attacker ?

any can confirm if motherships works same?, i mean if you start the trip with 50 guys and need 1 hour to go from calypso to arkadia maybe when the mothership arrives may have lost 10 passengers, :ahh:

Well put it this way, if you appeared in a mothership or even a vtol after a disconnect when it had moved and possible completed it's journey then it becomes a way to avoid pvp and any chance of item losses.

i.e. Start journey - log out - wait 40 minutes - log back in - journey completed and you're at the destination.

So you'll probably find that you're left floating in space until you die and revive.

If as you say you end up at a revive with no way off you've got to wait for a friendly passerby to take you on or hope your pilot has realised whats happened and comes to pick you up.

If the stations had tp's to complete your journey to the planet station of choice then it becomes another exploit where you could fly to the first station and then tp on.

So essentially your stuck and have to hitch.

Since the Mother ship is a type of structure I would that you would log back inside it no matter where it is if it is in the same region or revive area it was in when you crashed/logged out. If the Mother ship moved outside of the region you should log back in at a space station in that region you crashed/logged out in. But until someone tests it or we get an answer from MA no one will know.

With VTOL or the other space ships that are not the type you can walk around in then when you log back in it would replace your avatar if it was still appearing to be sitting in the VTOL and you might be right near the ship but not sitting inside. By the time you would finish logging on you would be about dead or at revive though.

Back