PAY your fees shop owners

kaya

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
kaya
I was in PA mall yesterday almost half the shops on 3rd floor was closed, lower floors was a little better but still allot of shops that doesn't want customers.
i really hate running into a store and get hit by a glassdoor :/ how come ppl invest 25-35k peds in a shop but they cant be bother to pay 10 peds to let ppl in it?

Wyld's Wares - Gen tp Tower B Blk A #2 - attachments and other things
30 second run at most from tp
ALWAYS OPEN!!!!

also there are some old and new shops open at gen tp mostly in blks a and b as well as the booths

come check us out :beerchug:

genisis headquarters - the new place to shop :pimp:

buck

It is pretty ridiculous-A lot of shops also sell overpriced goods by far-you can get them on the auction for much cheaper...It is pretty stupid that people will pay so much into something then not even bother to do it properly-do a half assed job and mess it up so badly.

I love looking round shops, and yes I wish that people would just pay their fees and get it sorted! It is really stupid...
Frankenberry-NBK Legion

Agreed!

Nuff said! BTW Emerald is even worse. Don't bother shoping there.

Sincerely,

Zoo

...how come ppl invest 25-35k peds in a shop but they cant be bother to pay 10 peds to let ppl in it?

Because they are sure they can sell the shop for even more to some sucker that thinks setting up a shop is a great idea.

The only thing really being sold in the malls seems to be the shops.

Last edited:
in some cases some shops have been bought as a consortium, also in some cases the deed may in fact be with a currently absent member of the 'consortium'......and yes much care should be taken with keepign stock up to date however if above has happened etc then neither can be updated ;)

Rip

Closed shops would be a waste of investment.

(And I agree about the overpiced stuff - some shops I just go wtf?!?! and then go out of there laughing. Do they actually think their stuff is going to sell at 150% of market price? - Ok, a wee bit exaggerated, but.. :) )

Make shopping worthwhile! :yay:

prices checked daily to make sure they are in line with or lower than auction
:)

buck

some

some shops are really good, and those are the ones i remember and come back to :wtg:

most shops at TICity platinum building are open. Most of the time people there take time to get there shop running and at good prices also. So pls have a look there.

And dont forget to stop by at block C, shop 5 for some clothings under auction prices : p

Check out Sao's PA Mall lvl 2 beside the Tele!

Stocked with:

P5a (L) 285 each
Small Mask (L) 130 each
Anything else I craft or loot.
LOTS OF ORE'S & ENMAT'S!

Buy P5a for 285 each, 5+ for 280 each or go to auction and pay 290 each your choice.

Shops are usefull for very rare items. The ones which can stay several months before being sold. The ones which price is not the point.

Shops should not be used to sell wools, oils, Jester or Breers, they are overpriced there. It is cheaper and easier to buy them at auction.

Actually there are too many shops, in too many malls.

MA should either close 2 malls or remove floors 2 and 3 of each mall, or even restrict the number or items sold in a shop. For example 50 max. Then all shops would be full. :)

And shop owners should spend some time advertising and presenting their stock. Entropedia & co are not updated for months!!! :mad:

Check out Sao's PA Mall lvl 2 beside the Tele!

Stocked with:

P5a (L) 285 each
Small Mask (L) 130 each
Anything else I craft or loot.
LOTS OF ORE'S & ENMAT'S!

Buy P5a for 285 each, 5+ for 280 each or go to auction and pay 290 each your choice.

Good initiative. But everybody don't buy in auction at BO price. ;)

how come ppl invest 25-35k peds in a shop but they cant be bother to pay 10 peds to let ppl in it?

cause they dont buy the shop to sell stuff , they buy the shop cause they think it will go up in value.

Thats why we in the long run will have a big market crash, the mentality of ppl makes this a huge pyramid game.

// ermik

I was in PA mall yesterday almost half the shops on 3rd floor was closed, lower floors was a little better but still allot of shops that doesn't want customers.
i really hate running into a store and get hit by a glassdoor :/ how come ppl invest 25-35k peds in a shop but they cant be bother to pay 10 peds to let ppl in it?

Gone out of busnise?

Have a personal saying "When loot starts dropping to the point where I can go shopping in a mall, then maybe I will."

Most ppls losses are greater than ther profit (or game wouldnt work)

MA is a bit notorious for getting the cart before the horse. They knew that there was not a big enough market for these malls when they put them in.

Oh... it would be so wonderful if the rent was just 10 ped/month :D

Take that times 14 and you have the rent for my large twin mall shop...

Really makes you think twice before paying... "Will I really earn enough this month for it to be a good deal..."

Several months the answer has been "no" for me, but i still keep it open so far...

But really, the rent for mall shops is way to high :(

Good initiative. But everybody don't buy in auction at BO price. ;)

I was aiming this at our auction buyers, we sell 3-5 per day on auction at 290 which after fee is still 285 for me but seems alot of people pay the extra 5-10 ped which over time will add up.

The only think really being sold in the malls seems to be the shops.
thing

That was very cruel... but the funny factor and the accuracy factor outweight any cruelty points.

hey not everything makes money in EU... but you cant always tell in advance...
Land Areas are the same way... Its used to be LA owners Favored hunters over miners.. now you cant even find Land with exo stalkers... there used be like 4 places...What Owners found out was :just forget mobs then they dont need fertilizer and they still get peds frrom the mining.... Well this works but i seriously doubt you can match the peds brought in when there was 900 opalo and 104 amp teams hunting at all times...If you potential to make peds on land areas has been reduced due to the fact its not worth having mobs, then i guess the value of a land area has just been reduced by half if not more.

If your land area costs 300k and you make 20 ped off it everyday, it far better to just take that 300k buy skills and play the game, you will do far better...kinda the same with malls, can you use 29k for a shop and the 100 ped monthly fee in a better way ... possibly yes at this time in the game...

I think MA released so many available spaces in the malls in preparation for the future, not necessarily for right now. The only real benefit I can see for the shops is for the crafters to sell the products they make. Shops are great for the crafted items and maybe the random items they pick up along the way, along with the consignment shops that people can take advantage of.

I do find it funny walking into a shop looking for items and seeing owners trying to sell items WAY over the current market price. You might sell a few items this way to unsuspecting people, but since an OA-101 for example, is the same in every shop you visit, the only thing you can compete on is price. Why buy an item for 200% markup when I can get it next door or as a buyout on auction for 150%?

The I think running into a barrier is either a sign that a shop is coming or going, and if it's the latter, it's probably due to over priced items that wouldn't sell, so I'm not sad to see a shop like that go. I think the successful shop owners have a grasp on this concept and that's why they stick around

I can see why the shops in the malls are closing.
Nothing is selling.
I went thru every open shop in all three malls two days ago and there was one shop I walked into that every item was not being sold for double or nearly ( and a few cases over) triple the current MU's. (items do not include oils hides and crap generic loot)

With the way loot is and the way these owners seem to think they will all be closed long before crytropia gets here.

There is a local TV comercial for a jewler that I think of everytime I wander thru the malls in EU. They say to shop at their store and avoid getting mauled at the malls.

cause they dont buy the shop to sell stuff , they buy the shop cause they think it will go up in value.

Thats why we in the long run will have a big market crash, the mentality of ppl makes this a huge pyramid game.

// ermik

Indeed totaly true.

Only do not forget that EU will grow and will have soon 1.000.000 avatars. Maby in 10 years from now you also can use your shop for real life selling of items like hardware/clothes ect ect...

It's only a matter of time MA will implicate this kind of options into the game.

And just as with new planets/moons and even maby new universes professions as pilot will also be much more profitble and more valuble than before.

In the end indeed only big spenders can start professions like that and the little dreamer will always stay dreaming about it.

Not good for the fun in they end but it is the reality.

As a shopowner i have problem with overpriced stuff in my shop, this depends of the dynamics of EU. Example, i have a few Vigi helmets for sale in my shop they are overpriced atm i know. They where bought when the price was high and they where not sold at the time either. So im sorry but they gonna sit there overpriced until the price catches up again bcos im not gonna sell them with loss. My pricing of the helmets at the time was around and even lower then market but since the traffic is low at shops they where not sold.

This is one of the reasons why there are overpriced items in shops.

Macce

something else to rember is that its summer, and there are fewer players around in summer, so less trade happening.

It makes sense that i a smaller market some stores close.
I know i let 2 of mine close for a few months while waiting for trade to pick up again, while my other shops continued to trade.

there are many reasons why shop scan be closed, sometimes for a short period of time. Like when i forget to pay the rent. whoops :)

As a shopowner i have problem with overpriced stuff in my shop, this depends of the dynamics of EU. Example, i have a few Vigi helmets for sale in my shop they are overpriced atm i know. They where bought when the price was high and they where not sold at the time either. So im sorry but they gonna sit there overpriced until the price catches up again bcos im not gonna sell them with loss. My pricing of the helmets at the time was around and even lower then market but since the traffic is low at shops they where not sold.

This is one of the reasons why there are overpriced items in shops.

Macce

I am happy that a shop owner answered, thank you. :)

Ok, I see the situation. I did work in a Computer Shop in RL when I was young, and as you know, because of new technilogies etc, price were always dropping. My boss was a good boss, he never had more than 1 PC of each model in stock. Stock was our ennemy. He had a lot of good supplier and we could have anything in 1 day.

Despite this, sometime we had old Computers we could not sell and the "market" price was lower than our puchase price. As you. Every saturday we had meeting and we discussed what to sell below our purchase price. It's hard on the moment but with the money from quick sale we could jump on new PC to sell etc. Again he was a very good salesman. Maybe you could do as he did?

As a new shop owner, I can say a few things regarding shops and the maintenance fees, and general stuff...

1) It's hard to remember to pay it when it's due... this is why I have been paying 2 months up front...

2) You gets lots of sales on stuff you thought wouldn't sell... and the stuff you think will sell, doesn't sell...

3) Hard to keep up with changing market prices on a daily basis... this is why I've stuck with price under the monthly markup on avg...

4) Hard to make money if you don't have volume of sales, or stupid high markup.

5) Running a shop is truelly 'gambling' (Note: This is a joke)

6) If you sell enough stuff, with enough markup, then you will make money/break even... if you don't sell a single thing, you won't make money..

7) Shops are WAY cheaper than auction to sell/buy stuff. But, if a shop owner makes his stuff to close to market value, stuff won't sell, even if it's lower than the MV.

Check out my shop in PA (lvl 1) near the televator... I usually have all sorts of random stuff I've made in there... and, unless market value drops dramaticially on an item, I'm usually much much cheaper than the market value...

~Red

4) Hard to make money if you don't have volume of sales, or stupid high markup.

7) Shops are WAY cheaper than auction to sell/buy stuff. But, if a shop owner makes his stuff to close to market value, stuff won't sell, even if it's lower than the MV.

I thought these were the two most important lines from your post. As it stands now, I don't think too many people will shop the stores before going to auction, because a lot of stores either have completely random inventory or they are asking WAY too much. I think the best thing you can do is have a couple items that you can regularly keep an inventory of, that there are a lot of customers for, and that you can stand to make a little money from a sale that is under the MU. It doesn't have to be ridiculously under the MU, but you at least need a reputation of being a good supplier of that type of item. That will get people into your store, and then you can think about stocking it with other items. That way when people walk in for your known items, they might check out some of the other things you have for sale, and feel free to do so because they know you're a reputable seller that wouldn't try to rip people off.

i recently purchased atlantis 3rd floor 4 L and my rent is paid, shop is open and great deals are all over the store on looted L guns!

Many good arguments raised so far. One of course is summertime, where the living is easy:).
I sell usually below EU auction value, I focus more on PEAuction. But I noticed the last two months a steady decrease of sales. I think it will become better in September

I agree - why have a shop if it's not open.
Many times I go to the different shop locations and find I hit a BRICK (well not really) wall and so make a note not to go back (after 3 tries at different times)
Sad really but my time is precious like other gamers.
It also doesn't help the others in the areas who have shops.
I'd recommend NOT to block an area because some shop owners can't be bothered. I know Real Life gets in the way but it's not good for the other shop owners who do the right thing.

Come on SHOP owners - pay the fees or sell the shop!

something else to rember is that its summer, and there are fewer players around in summer, so less trade happening.

It makes sense that i a smaller market some stores close.
I know i let 2 of mine close for a few months while waiting for trade to pick up again, while my other shops continued to trade.

there are many reasons why shop scan be closed, sometimes for a short period of time. Like when i forget to pay the rent. whoops :)

It's winter here in OZ - I know that there'd be less players in the southern hemisphere - mostly due to land mass being less than the northern. Since it's winter here more Aussies are online - I suppose that would also attract Kiwis too and then not to forget the SA's (Africa and America).

Back