PCF Forum Migration Complete

I don't know if it's normal or if it's because of my browser, but to see "latest post" on the home page, which is just 1cm below my screen, I have to scroll all the sub-forums to the bottom.

In other words, the right column won't move until I scrolled down the entire main part (forum/subforum) to the bottom.

There are two buttons at the bottom right corner of every post:
  • The "+Quote" Button is for quoting multiple posts at once.
  • The "Reply" button is for quoting a single post.
I can see how the labels might be confusing for members accustomed to labels that were used on the old PCF software.

I have changed the labels to "+Multi-Quote" and "Quote" to avoid confusion:
  • The "+Multi-Quote" Button is used to select a post to include in a reply containing multiple quotes at once.
  • The "Quote" button is for quoting a single post, and will also include quotes of any posts for which you have clicked the "+Multi-Quote" button.
Thanks. works great now. appreciate.

I'm probably blind, but how do I search the forum now? I don't see any place to put in a search query. Also how do we edit our signatures? Mine is a bit of a mess.

I'm probably blind, but how do I search the forum now? I don't see any place to put in a search query. Also how do we edit our signatures? Mine is a bit of a mess.
search is upper right. next to light mode.

One disaster:

a)if you are banned and finalize your banned time, automaticaly bann is eternal.... die

b) if you are banned and want to log out to start in another old account, logout buttom not works, and need start in another navigator...

A disaster.... later, i´ll see the forum :)

JC, if a page includes a non-https image hosted on another server
I think you misunderstood. The unsecure pics are from this forum.
The default "copy link" in the media section are still http

Here's your own pic with http
index.php

Messi's sig pic
index.php

And the "share this media" options for any pic in the gallery.

index.php

I think you misunderstood. The unsecure pics are from this forum.
The default "copy link" in the media section are still http

Here's your own pic with http

Messi's sig pic

And the "share this media" options for any pic in the gallery.

Ahh OK, I understand now.

Thanks for reporting, this will be corrected.

Is it possible to hide profile comments like we could in the old forum?

Hmm, I see a setting to disable new comments but not the one to hide all profile comments.

Thank you.

I don't believe there is an option to hide existing profile comments.
However, you should have the ability to delete any unwanted comments on your profile.

I don't believe there is an option to hide existing profile comments.
However, you should have the ability to delete any unwanted comments on your profile.

I guess that's a solution. Thanks 711 :)

Thank you! I had to switch to chrome to see it. I usually use firefox and it was not there.

The hourglass search icon displays fine for me on Firefox.
Perhaps try a hard refresh (CTRL+F5) on the page in your Firefox browser to reload the page and all icons/images from the server.

My browser (Edge 44.18362.449.0, up-to-date Windows 10) is doing strange things when I use CTRL+arrow or SHIFT+CTRL+arrow Windows shortcuts while making a post (this post, specifically). Sometimes it works OK, but more often than not it is forcing a page refresh when I do that, for some reason.

I had a Windows update overnight, included a significant update to Edge, which appears to have fixed this problem.

IMHO, the /forum/index.php should also have a single-file top-to-bottom layout as the top part of the sub-forums, e.g. "About Planet Calypso".

Currently it breaks the navigation a bit.

And I just noticed that I can't change the font of selected words in a commment with the "A"-icon. It keeps looking the same. Or is it because I'm on Linux and I don't have any of the mentioned font names installed? I mean I'm only missing a monospace-font option.

As I explained in the PCF Server Move and Migration thread posted before the migration:

All of your old images are still available at their original URLs, however the old gallery browsing software and member albums have been replaced by the new Gallery, powered by the official addon.

The Gallery feature on the old PCF server was powered by a third-party add-on to vBulletin (Photopost vBGallery), a very old add-on that was not updated or maintained for a very long time. This is one of the many reasons that the migration to XenForo was long overdue.

However, there *might* be an importer that *might* be able to convert the old third-party gallery add-on content into the new XenForo-powered gallery.
I will do my best to make that happen.

711, while I do understand that you have explained this more than once, and while I do appreciate that all previously uploaded images will continue to remain available at their original URL, I have a big issue with the fact that I can no longer browse these, please let me explain:

I have uploaded I think over 400 images over the years, a lot of these I use in my shop threads and in many instances, I cycle through all these images depending on what's going on in EU at that time. For example, during Merry Mayhem, I fill my Mayhem Armor shop with Cold armors and plates and so I use the images that show these armors.

I never saved these image links because I used to be able to go back to my Gallery and find them again when I needed them.

Is there anyway to get these links back? Can you private message me the list of them? I think I can figure out what the image is by it's name in the link..

Thanks for your help,

Legends

I wouldnt bother Legends, I tried asking earlier in the thread.

• Angry
Reactions: 711
I wouldnt bother Legends, I tried asking earlier in the thread.

What is your problem? You make it sound as if your feedback was ignored, when that is clearly not the case. I explained in detail the challenges involved, and that I will do my best to restore the data from the old forum gallery.

Or perhaps it is not happening fast enough for you?
I have slept less than 6 hours over the past 3 days working on this migration, so I am sorry if your *free* forum service is not being fixed fast enough to your liking.

Last edited:
What is your problem? You make it sound as if your request was ignored, when that is clearly not the case.
I explained in detail the challenges involved, and that I will do my best to restore the data from the old forum gallery.

I have slept less than 6 hours over the past 3 days working on this migration, so I am sorry if your *free* forum service is not being fixed fast enough to your liking.

I suggested you take a break in post #42, in post #60 I dont think you answered what I asked adequately it came across as very brusque and dismissive, maybe you intended it, maybe you didn't - but I didn't like it.

As far as I can see only you and John Capital have uploaded pictures to any thread, and they are recently uploaded ones. I 'thought' I was providing feedback in saying my pic had disappeared. perhaps hoping you could see where it had gone or where I had gone wrong. Instead you said 'Try Again'. If you try doing the same thing again you will get the same result.

Anyway, no one realised you had 6 hours sleep over 3 days, so that can explain some of your replies - I'm not asking for you to work any faster, just say 'I'll try and have it fixed in a few days' - what is wrong with that?

Anyway - maybe we both understand each others POV now. I can wait as long as it takes - keep up the hard work (but please get at least 8 hours sleep tonight) :)

As far as I can see only you and John Capital have uploaded pictures to any thread, and they are recently uploaded ones. I 'thought' I was providing feedback in saying my pic had disappeared. perhaps hoping you could see where it had gone or where I had gone wrong. Instead you said 'Try Again'. If you try doing the same thing again you will get the same result.

It's not just me and JC:

In order to troubleshoot the issue you claimed to have, specifically that you tried to upload an image and it disappeared, I need more information.

It was clear to me that the Gallery was working (at least for some members), since there were already several images uploaded by multiple members.

Since you are the only one reporting this issue, I need more info from you specifically to identify the issue and resolve it, if it exists.
I suppose I should have made that more clear when I replied with "Try again". For that, I apologize.

Anyway, no one realised you had 6 hours sleep over 3 days, so that can explain some of your replies - I'm not asking for you to work any faster, just say 'I'll try and have it fixed in a few days' - what is wrong with that?

In an earlier post in this thread, I did in fact explain that importing the old gallery data would take a few days (which Legends was asking for and you replied with "I wouldnt bother Legends, I tried asking earlier in the thread."):

For the moment the new gallery does not contain the data from the old gallery, such as image comments, descriptions, ratings, file locations, etc.
I am hoping to perform an import of the old gallery data using a special importer, as I explained above. This will hopefully happen within the next few days,

I'm just posting to say I have read your post above 711. I have nothing further to add though. Sleep well :zzz:

Looking good so far - thanks for your effort! :)

You're only human. Rome wasn't built in a day. Take the time to rest. Ignore some of the trolls and Karens.

My 2 pecs.

One thing I just noticed, this forum is much better on a phone.

In an earlier post in this thread, I did in fact explain that importing the old gallery data would take a few days ...

I guess I missed that part. If you are working on it and the plan is for these to all become available again for browsing at some point, then I can wait. I thought it wasn't going to happen at all.

Back