PCF Forum Migration Complete

Just to clarify. Are forum avatar pictures no longer allowed to be of animated .gif type? I note that my avatar has survived the migration, because if I click on my name in the top right and attempt to edit the avatar it's still there, under this link:

But the one that is actually displayed uses a slightly different link:

I also note that it has been upscaled from 80x80 pixels to 96x96 pixels. Is this some kind of new minimum size for avatars?

Will my avatar ever be the same? :ahh:

(I know that you, 711, said that there will be no more forum perks. And IIRC an animated avatar was such a perk. But I never had a premium membership. My avatar was simply uploaded to the forum before there were premium memberships...)

i dont like the style, the colours... i feel like MA change the mission windows in 2016...

Ah! and the temporal bann now is permanent bann... i wonder if anyone has the same problem....

i dont like the style, the colours... i feel like MA change the mission windows in 2016...

The current forum themes are temporary. MindArk will be providing new Entropia-inspired forum themes after the summer.

Ah! and the temporal bann now is permanent bann... i wonder if anyone has the same problem....

I have unbanned the Dante Inferno account.

IMHO, the /forum/index.php should also have a single-file top-to-bottom layout as the top part of the sub-forums, e.g. "About Planet Calypso".

Currently it breaks the navigation a bit.

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you upload a screenshot of what you are seeing, perhaps with an indication of your suggestion?

And I just noticed that I can't change the font of selected words in a commment with the "A"-icon. It keeps looking the same. Or is it because I'm on Linux and I don't have any of the mentioned font names installed? I mean I'm only missing a monospace-font option.

The font selection works fine for me in Firefox and Chrome. Sounds like a browser issue on your end.

See what I did there?

Just to clarify. Are forum avatar pictures no longer allowed to be of animated .gif type? I note that my avatar has survived the migration, because if I click on my name in the top right and attempt to edit the avatar it's still there, under this link:

But the one that is actually displayed uses a slightly different link:

I also note that it has been upscaled from 80x80 pixels to 96x96 pixels. Is this some kind of new minimum size for avatars?

Will my avatar ever be the same? :ahh:

(I know that you, 711, said that there will be no more forum perks. And IIRC an animated avatar was such a perk. But I never had a premium membership. My avatar was simply uploaded to the forum before there were premium memberships...)

Your old avatar was probably "grandfathered in" during the early days of EntropiaForum.

Animated avatar images were only available to small number of premium members on the old forum (less than 40 total members out of over 55000).
Since premium memberships are no longer available on PCF, animated avatars are no longer offered as an option.

Last edited:
Is there a reason why the IP Address of each user is shown under their posts?

Are you an Admin? I don't see any IP Addresses.
Ah, that could be it - But I am only an admin of my Society Private Forum. A permission probably needs adjusting :)

With regard to legends and mega on images I have the same issue under gallery in "your media" it says i haven't uploaded any images. Now in the old forum i had many pics uploaded. The question we are interested in is how to browse our old images? they are clearly there because you fixed my url's for the morningtear castle shop and now they work but how do i browse these images to get url's?

We are not interested in the data that goes along with the images the descriptions etc which you keep pointing out will be uploaded later but merely to browse the images.

With regard to legends and mega on images I have the same issue under gallery in "your media" it says i haven't uploaded any images. Now in the old forum i had many pics uploaded. The question we are interested in is how to browse our old images? they are clearly there because you fixed my url's for the morningtear castle shop and now they work but how do i browse these images to get url's?

We are not interested in the data that goes along with the images the descriptions etc which you keep pointing out will be uploaded later but merely to browse the images.
Gallery->Your Content->Media from top or alternatively Gallery->Your Media under Planetcalypsoforum on the left hand menu bar.

Gallery->Your Content->Media from top or alternatively Gallery->Your Media under Planetcalypsoforum on the left hand menu bar.

Thank you mastermesh!

Its fixed now, magically under gallery and then your media is all the old content visible

Can i hide user avatars and signatures for improved readability like in the old forum ? Is the PM storage limit a thing of the past or were can i see it now ?

The gallery data is still being imported. The import process has been running for 13 hours and 20 minutes and is currently 96.8% complete.

Once the import is complete, the forum will be taken offline to complete the import and rebuild all of the indexes and perform database optimizations.
Hopefully then all of the gallery functionality will be restored and allow members to browse all of their images, including those from the old forum website.
We will know shortly.

Last edited:
Can i hide user avatars and signatures for improved readability like in the old forum ? Is the PM storage limit a thing of the past or were can i see it now ?

I am not aware of an option to hide avatars/signatures. I will investigate an add-on for this.

There are no longer any limits on the number of stored private messages, as I explained earier in this thread:

There are actually no longer any limits on the number of stored private messages.
Private messages are referred to as "Conversations" in the new forum software, and can have up to 5 members participating at once.

Notice the "Invite more" link in the right column when viewing a private message, which allows you to invite others to join an existing private conversation.
Alternatively, you can click on the "Start a new conversation" link at the bottom of the Inbox menu to invite up to four other members into a private conversation.

The import of old gallery data appears to have been successful.

Please report any missing content or unexpected behavior in this thread.

Your old avatar was probably "grandfathered in" during the early days of EntropiaForum.

Animated avatar images were only available to small number of premium members on the old forum (less than 40 total members out of over 55000).
Since premium memberships are no longer available on PCF, animated avatars are no longer offered as an option.

And there was much sadness.

How do I find the photos that I had on my profile. I had several albums of my HOFs and funny stuff that I can't find anymore.

I know we had two ways of upload pictures. I think I never upload it on the general gallery, I would every time upload it on my personal albums in the old forum.

Taking this thread as example:

I can't see the picture thumbnail or open the photo, it says that "the requested page could not be found" when clicking over the broken photo icon.

I see "Your albums" section in "Your content", also albums are mentioned in the "Move item" feature, but I see no way to create an album. I remember 711 said that "the member Albums feature will become redundant by the new Media Gallery solution", so I suppose the "Your albums" is just a leftover, but I can't find any newer solution to organize the images into groups.

I see "Your albums" section in "Your content", also albums are mentioned in the "Move item" feature, but I see no way to create an album. I remember 711 said that "the member Albums feature will become redundant by the new Media Gallery solution", so I suppose the "Your albums" is just a leftover, but I can't find any newer solution to organize the images into groups.

The new forum gallery software includes support for individual albums for members.
However, I have disabled albums, since historically the PCF gallery has been image category-focused rather than member-focused.

I will look into removing the unnecessary navigation elements related to albums. Thanks for reporting.

Last edited:
How do I find the photos that I had on my profile. I had several albums of my HOFs and funny stuff that I can't find anymore.

I know we had two ways of upload pictures. I think I never upload it on the general gallery, I would every time upload it on my personal albums in the old forum.

Taking this thread as example:

I can't see the picture thumbnail or open the photo, it says that "the requested page could not be found" when clicking over the broken photo icon.

I am currently importing the images from the old member Albums.
Your images should be available in the new forum Gallery shortly.

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you upload a screenshot of what you are seeing, perhaps with an indication of your suggestion?

This is a table with two columns:

And this one easier-to-read one column:

------------------------------------

The font selection works fine for me in Firefox and Chrome. Sounds like a browser issue on your end.

See what I did there?
Sadly not:
I'd say it's some CSS-thing. Any chance that you could make this work?

This is a table with two columns:

And this one easier-to-read one column:

You seem to have selected "Grid Layout" in the theme options. If you disable that option, you will once again see the default forum listing view.

Sadly not:

You are the only member reporting this issue (and you also mentioned that you are using Linux which may not have all the fonts installed), so it is almost certainly an issue on your side, rather than a server-side CSS issue.

Please try viewing the forum in another browser, or from another computer and you will see that it works as intended.

Last edited:
And I couldn't find an easy way to add gallery images to a post. I went to the gallery, clicked the image and copied the text from the "Copy GALLERY BB code"-field.

Maybe I haven't found it to do it easily, but an easier approach for this would be nice.

You seem to have selected "Grid Layout" in the theme options. If you disable that option, you will once again see the default forum listing view.

Ah! Found it: I had changed the layout customisation and changed it to "Grid layout". So maybe the presentation of the sub-form is bugged... Nonetheless without "Grid layout" it looks good to me.

You need to install Arial, Book Antiqua, Courier New, Georgia, Tahoma, Times New Roman, Trebuchet MS and Verdana. At the very least the Courier New if you want to use and see monospace.

P.S. Sorry for my previous comment to you, I tried to show that monospace works (like 711 later posted a comment using all possible fonts) but with you not seeing a difference it must have came across as a taunt.

I will look into removing the unnecessary navigation elements related to albums. Thanks for reporting.

Another reference of album is when selecting to move a gallery item, you have the option to put it in an album: https://prnt.sc/tgs8dm

Reactions: 711
Back