PCF Forum Migration Complete

I posted in the buying forum and its not showing in "whats new". Is it only showing to other people or should it also show for me? I dont see the thread in new posts at all...

I posted in the buying forum and its not showing in "whats new". Is it only showing to other people or should it also show for me? I dont see the thread in new posts at all...

To clarify maybe you could change the "What's new" and "New Posts" into the real meaning of their action.

"What's new" shows threads with new posts in decending order, read or not read.
"New Posts" shows only threads with a unread,new post.

So "New Posts" are threads with unread new posts while "What's new" is all threads read and unread in descending time sorted by date of the last post.

So in my view "New Posts" are "Unread Posts" and the "What's new" threads are sorted after the date of last, newest post or "Latest/Newest Post"

Maybe a person with english as first language can correct me if I'm wrong.

To clarify maybe you could change the "What's new" and "New Posts" into the real meaning of their action.

"What's new" shows threads with new posts in decending order, read or not read.
"New Posts" shows only threads with a unread,new post.

So "New Posts" are threads with unread new posts while "What's new" is all threads read and unread in descending time sorted by date of the last post.

So in my view "New Posts" are "Unread Posts" and the "What's new" threads are sorted after the date of last, newest post or "Latest/Newest Post"

Maybe a person with english as first language can correct me if I'm wrong.

This actually answers my question :) Thanks

I am currently importing the images from the old member Albums.
Your images should be available in the new forum Gallery shortly.

What you mean by shortly?

Still can't find my albums or pictures. Every thread that I created using a pictures thumbnail, that thumbnail doesn't work anymore, threads are now pointless without them.

The only change is that now on "Your statistics" shows that I have 77 images and +/- 10 megas. Yet can't find any.

Feels like a lot of forum history was erased. Browsing pictures trough google don't show even half of the results as before.

What you mean by shortly?

Still can't find my albums or pictures. Every thread that I created using a pictures thumbnail, that thumbnail doesn't work anymore, threads are now pointless without them.

The only change is that now on "Your statistics" shows that I have 77 images and +/- 10 megas. Yet can't find any.

Feels like a lot of forum history was erased. Browsing pictures trough google don't show even half of the results as before.

Please provide a link to a thread where you had an album image embedded and which is showing a missing thumbnail.

Please provide a link to a thread where you had an album image embedded and which is showing a missing thumbnail.

These examples are just the last 3 threads I created containing pictures.

None of them are working and still can't find my images on my media. It says " Fanan has not added any media yet." Yet it now says that I have 77 images, so they must be somewhere.

These examples are just the last 3 threads I created containing pictures.

None of them are working and still can't find my images on my media. It says " Fanan has not added any media yet." Yet it now says that I have 77 images, so they must be somewhere.

Thanks for the info, I will investigate.

Any chance you would increase the font-size to 16px all over? Maybe menu-content could stay to 13px. At the moment it's very hard to read.
Just a suggestion.

Thank you!

Any chance you would increase the font-size to 16px all over? Maybe menu-content could stay to 13px. At the moment it's very hard to read.
Just a suggestion.

Thank you!

I have adjusted the message body font sizes up slightly.
However, 16px was too big for the default message body font size, in my opinion.
I have increased it to 14px, which seems quite a bit more readable than the original 13px setting, and fits better with other font sizes used elsewhere on the forum.

I have adjusted the message body font sizes up slightly.
However, 16px was too big for the default message body font size, in my opinion.
I have increased it to 14px, which seems quite a bit more readable than the original 13px setting, and fits better with other font sizes used elsewhere on the forum.

:banghead: :banghead::banghead: Had been happy not to find the new forum being one of those bloated ones where you can't read properly because you have to scroll down every few lines, where there is no chance to grasp the full text of a post in one single glance. An absolute pain regarding reading comprehension. Please revert to 13px and reduce line spacing by 1 to 2px.

EDIT:
For your reference, this post of mine takes up about 50% of my window height atm (75% including signature).

Last edited:
:banghead: :banghead::banghead: Had been happy not to find the new forum being one of those bloated ones where you can't read properly because you have to scroll down every few lines, where there is no chance to grasp the full text of a post in one single glance. Please revert to 13px and reduce line spacing by 1 to 2px.

EDIT:
For your reference, this post of mine takes up about 50% of my window height atm.
really http://prntscr.com/tifpop

Really. Using current Firefox version w/ standard settings.

index.php

(Click on pic for actual size.)

Last edited:
Really. Using current Firefox version w/ standard settings.

index.php

(Click on pic for actual size.)

It is not possible to determine how much of your window is taken up from that screenshot.
Of course that will depend on each user's monitor size, resolution, etc.

I also found the original message body text setting of 13px to be a bit too small and resulted in worse readability.
In any case, I am still tinkering with settings, so nothing is set in stone yet. Perhaps reducing the line spacing slightly would be an improvement.

It's nice to have changed the order of the left column on the home page, to put "last post" and "last thread" at the top.
I was going to ask that. (y)

Full monitor display with window as before.

index.php

That window doesn't appear to be maximized (the maximize button is visible, which is only the case if the window isn't already maximized).
If it is maximized, you have a really small monitor or low resolution.

I would suggest that you try using CTRL+Down_Mousewheel (or CTRL+NUMPAD_MINUS) to zoom out and see more of the webpage.

Or perhaps your browser is already zoomed in, causing the weird sizing.
In that case, try CTRL+NUMPAD_ZERO to reset zoom to 100%.

I have reverted all font settings back to default for now.
I did not realize that increasing the message body font size resulted in changes to font sizes on other forum pages (i.e. search results page and forum listings) and was breaking the layout of those pages in some cases.

More tinkering to do. :coffee:

Is there not a way to allow customisable settings for font size etc? Other than the browser options, of course.

That window doesn't appear to be maximized (the maximize button is visible, which is only the case if the window isn't already maximized).
If it is maximized, you have a really small monitor or low resolution.

Height is maximized, width is not (readability plummets, when more than about 70-80 characters per line).
This is a normal 15.4" monitor with 1366×768 resolution (max).

More tinkering to do. :coffee:

Had my own forum for many years, way back now. Used the Ultimate Bulletin Board template and ended up re-writing about 90% of their Perl code. :laugh:

Last edited:
Is there not a way to allow customisable settings for font size etc? Other than the browser options, of course.

That would require separate forum theme variations, with varying predefined font size settings that members could select from.
Certainly possible in the future, once the final Entropia-inspired forum themes are installed later this year.

sorry, but i dont like this forum.

a) is very dark, like toulan or monria forums.... i dont read toulan or monria forums
b) my eyes are old... the font is very small
c) gray, gray, gray... people need some colour like "entropiawiki"
d) round squares... american clasic cars had square lines :)
e) well, now i read newspapers, not forums... :)
f) ............

Are signatures disabled in the mobile browser view?

Can you make a way so that we don't need to scroll all the way down when we want to go to the last page of a thread? That would be nice.

Can you make a way so that we don't need to scroll all the way down when we want to go to the last page of a thread? That would be nice.

There is a "Jump to new" link just above the first post for threads which have unviewed posts.

index.php

If you simply want to navigate to the last page of a thread, click on the last page in the pagination menu (in the example above, click "6").

A few tweaks and updates:
  • Members can now edit their own thread titles in the Trading forums.
  • To prevent abuse and potential manipulation, private conversation messages now have a 2 minute timer, after which they cannot be edited.
  • Calypso Time is once again displayed at the bottom of every forum page (bottom right corner of the footer).

Back