PCF Forum Migration Complete

Calypso Time is once again displayed at the bottom of every forum page (bottom right corner of the footer).

Not sure if it works, it shows my local time and I'm nowhere near UTC/GMT.

Reactions: 711
A new Threads with MindArk Posts link has been added to the navigation bar, which returns a list of of threads that contain posts by any MindArk Official staff members. The results page is sorted by most recent reply.

There is also a new icon in the forum listing and search results pages to indicate threads with posts by MindArk Officials:
index.php

I am also working on a widget that will provide direct links to the last several MindArk Official posts, similar to the current New Posts widget visible on the main forum index page.

Last edited:
.... I can't delete my post ....

Delete what post?

I am still working on the Calypso Time displaying local time for some members, if that's what you were referring to.

Yes, I still need to get used to the new forum colours and all and noticed that Svarog mentioned the time-thing already... And then I tried to delete my post... :)

Strictly speaking you can remove my post from 12 minutes ago, your response and this one :)

I miss the older style as well.. this will take some getting used to.......

I appreciated the old forum's ability to filter out certain subforums from the "new posts" function, i.e. not the advanced search which requires a search term, but the simple thread display minus the sections I'm not interested in. Is it here and I missed it somehow, or if not is it asked a lot to restore this?

Reactions: 711
I appreciated the old forum's ability to filter out certain subforums from the "new posts" function, i.e. not the advanced search which requires a search term, but the simple thread display minus the sections I'm not interested in. Is it here and I missed it somehow, or if not is it asked a lot to restore this?

That feature was provided by a custom add-on to the old forum software and is not a default part of the new software.
I will investigate add-ons that might achieve the same or similar functionality.

Reactions: San
A toggle switch has been added which allows members to collapse forum categories on the main forum listing page, reducing the amount of scrolling by minimizing view of less important forum sections.

index.php

Last edited:
Is there any way to remove 'Buying and selling" posts from side view? Latest posts category etc ;)

There is currently no feature that allows members to filter out specific forums from appearing in "New Posts" results.
I will investigate add-ons that might offer that functionality.

There is currently no feature that allows members to filter out specific forums from appearing in "New Posts" results.
The old forums didn’t allow those posts to be filtered either. Personally, I enjoy seeing what is for sale and what people want to buy. But I buy and sell a lot of stuff.
:cowboy:

A toggle switch has been added which allows members to collapse forum categories on the main forum listing page, reducing the amount of scrolling by minimizing view of less important forum sections.

index.php
Thank You Thank You. I know you are still tweaking things and appreciate reply. :)

anyway to be able to add an image to a post by just dragging the image in to the post box?
most modern forums have this feature

Any plans to increase the number of fonts 711?

We only have eight now, we used to have more including a favourite of mine Gothic,.

anyway to be able to add an image to a post by just dragging the image in to the post box?
most modern forums have this feature

I am investigating various options for making the process of embedding a Gallery image into a thread or post as streamlined as possible.
The drag-and-drop functionality I think you are referring to (similar to how you can drag a file from your PC into a Gmail message) is not really ideal for a forum interface.
It would be much better to not need to leave the forum editor page at all, and instead have a button or widget that simplified inclusion of images.

Any plans to increase the number of fonts 711?

We only have eight now, we used to have more including a favourite of mine Gothic,.

The fonts currently in place are the stock fonts that are included with XenForo.
I will check the old server to confirm which fonts were available in the past, and try to incorporate any that are missing.

My albums working again, what is great! Thanks 711!

But my old threads that have inserted images from those albums, none of those images show up. I kinda feel that all my registered past here on forum was cleared with this forum transition.

I don't want to edit them all, some are really old and don't even make sense now, but in a last resort I wont have any other option.

For example when I searched "Solis Beans tower" on Google, I immediately would found the picture that I wanted, now it not showing up. I think it was bad for game, lot of content got lost because the addresses changed.

Can I still hope that a fix is coming for this?

Is this still being investigated, or did I miss some changes? Was looking in the settings again recently.

The old forums didn’t allow those posts to be filtered either.
Yes it did, e.g. I had the Compet subsection excluded.

Is this still being investigated, or did I miss some changes? Was looking in the settings again recently.
And a small wish, if I may: Just became "Elite" for having made 2500 posts. I don't regard this as a distinction and would choose not to display this field at all if it was possible.

MindArk posts when?
Gallery?

Now that the dust has settled a bit on forum migration, can 711 or anyone explain to us forum/techy nooblets how and what icon do you use to add:

#1) Using a uploaded gallery image to a post and icon and how?
#2) How adding a Twitch link or website or any link is done without 'embedded message" thingy appearing or document doesn't work message?
( Example: uploaded gallery image > xx icon >next )

Thank You so much! :tiphat:

So presumably this change has finally resolved the infamous technical difficulty that was indefinitely delaying the return of our Calypso Forum Dollars. :woot:

Is there an ETA available on when we should expect our balances to return?

So presumably this change has finally resolved the infamous technical difficulty that was indefinitely delaying the return of our Calypso Forum Dollars. :woot:

Is there an ETA available on when we should expect our balances to return?

There are currently no plans to bring back a forum currency system.

Now that the dust has settled a bit on forum migration, can 711 or anyone explain to us forum/techy nooblets how and what icon do you use to add:

#1) Using a uploaded gallery image to a post and icon and how?
#2) How adding a Twitch link or website or any link is done without 'embedded message" thingy appearing or document doesn't work message?
( Example: uploaded gallery image > xx icon >next )

Thank You so much! :tiphat:

#1)
There are handy copy link buttons for various image linking options on an image's gallery page, as shown below:

index.php

Simply use the "Copy image BB code" button to copy image embed code that you can then paste directly into a forum post.

#2)
I'm not sure what you mean regarding Twitch links.
Please explain what you are trying to do, and what problems you are encountering.

#1)
There are handy copy link buttons for various image linking options on an image's gallery page, as shown below:

index.php

Simply use the "Copy image BB code" button to copy image embed code that you can then paste directly into a forum post.

#2)
I'm not sure what you mean regarding Twitch links.
Please explain what you are trying to do, and what problems you are encountering.
First of all..Thank You!

Which is one needed to place a gallery link in ( specifically) to show gallery one ? Twitch ones I mean which do you place Twitch url in? I have tried

Maybe a sticky at top of this new forum for folks will be helpful ( I can revert back and look ) for anyone needing or new to this forum. :D

I had a suspicion this was the case since literally no one brings it up anymore, but thank you for clarifying.

Back