FYI: PCF Maintenance

Site Admin
Admin
PlanetCalypsoForum will be down for database maintenance and software upgrades tonight, starting at 19:00 Calypso Time (20:00 CET, 2pm EST).

Expected downtime is approximately 90 minutes.

During the downtime, EntropiaForum will still be available.

Thanks for your patience during the maintenance.

Forum Maintenance Complete

The planned forum maintenance and upgrades took quite a bit longer than expected, due to some problems during the forum software upgrade process. Your patience during the downtime is appreciated.

The good news is that PCF has been upgraded to latest version of the forum software (vBulletin), bringing loads of bugfixes and stability enhancements.

One major improvement of the software upgrade is an all-new message editor interface, which offers many usability enhancements and features:
  • Complete, intuitive “What You See is What You Get” content editing capability.
  • Paste from Word! You can now paste Word documents into the forum editor; the editor will try to preserve as much Word text formatting as possible.
  • High performance and accessibility
  • Auto-Save. Sick of losing posts when your browser crashes? Now you won’t have to worry, your content is safe.

The forum upgrade process requires that sites with heavily customized forum skins (such as PCF) manually upgrade many of the internal forum templates that generate the front-end forum pages. Most of that work is now completed, but there may still be a few areas of the forum that behave oddly.

If you notice any bugs, unexpected behavior or have problems using any forum features after the upgrade, please report such issues in this thread. It is very helpful if you can also post a screenshot of any problems you are experiencing. This will help me more quickly identify and correct the problem.

Thanks again for your patience during the maintenance.

Just make sure it doesn't happen again! Hehe just kidding. Sometimes things take longer than expected. Alot of people don't realize it but glad ya got it back up :thumbup:

-Bemo-

where is the settings button so I'm one click away from my subscribed threads?

When I click on new posts it shows this:

: Today [time]
By [name]

looks a little bit bugged to me?

MIND explained it, thanks

where is the settings button so I'm one click away from my subscribed threads?

MIND explained it, thanks

Settings link returned to the top links area.

Also, a handy Subscribed link has been added that will take you directly to your full list of subscribed threads, as well as a Dev Posts link that will show all posts by MindArk reps.

Saw the new auto save thingie work. While I was typing a wall -o- text I saw it pop up saying auto save. So if I crashed before I posted, How do I get that info to show back up 711 :scratch2:

-Bemo-

There seems to be a bug when selecting smilies to the right.. It crashes every time I use one!! o_O
There are also some grafics missing from the front page. (Avatar pics)

Using IE9...

Last edited:
Saw the new auto save thingie work. While I was typing a wall -o- text I saw it pop up saying auto save. So if I crashed before I posted, How do I get that info to show back up 711 :scratch2:

-Bemo-

Simply go back to the thread you were trying to post in, and click reply. You should see a link at the bottom-left corner of the editor which says Restore Auto-Saved Content.

Now I can't edit my posts to add the pics..

This one shows the first page avatar pics..

graphic_bug_thumb.jpg

this one shoes the edit...

graphic_bug_2_thumb.jpg

LOL now I can edit this one... but the pics only show as thumb nails !! :D

There seems to be a bug when selecting smilies to the right.. It crashes every time I use one!! o_O

Smilies are working fine for me in both Firefox and IE9.

Please explain what you mean by "It crashes every time I use one!!"

What crashes, your browser?
Are you selecting an individual smilie from the list, or clicking on the [More] link to get the smilies pop-up page?

There are also some grafics missing from the front page. (Avatar pics)

**EDIT** Avatar thumbnails fixed on front page.

There seems to be something wrong when uploading images to the gallery. When I upload a single image I got an error page (think it was a 404 but not sure about that). The image uploaded to my gallery correctly though.

Nothing to do with PCF maintenance, but is is possible that % full on inbox could be shown top right like it used to be on EF as the first notification I get now when my inbox is full is when I receive an email - and that means I've missed a message.

Very handy feature that I miss.

There seems to be something wrong when uploading images to the gallery. When I upload a single image I got an error page (think it was a 404 but not sure about that). The image uploaded to my gallery correctly though.

Thanks for reporting, fixed now.

Nothing to do with PCF maintenance, but is is possible that % full on inbox could be shown top right like it used to be on EF as the first notification I get now when my inbox is full is when I receive an email - and that means I've missed a message.

Very handy feature that I miss.

A notice just below the navigation bar will now appear whenever your PM box is more than 90% full.

A notice just below the navigation bar will now appear whenever your PM box is more than 90% full.

Excellent, thank you!

Smilies are working fine for me in both Firefox and IE9.

Please explain what you mean by "It crashes every time I use one!!"

What crashes, your browser?
Are you selecting an individual smilie from the list, or clicking on the [More] link to get the smilies pop-up page?

**EDIT** Avatar thumbnails fixed on front page.

I was just selecting the ones to the side.. the scratch one.. :scratch2: humm now it is working as intended, but at the time it would just freaze up and then the browser would ask to recover the page.. but it works now..

Thank you very much for the quick fix :yay:

just going to try uploading a pic again..

The pics link now but they seem a bit small when you click the thumbnail.. anything you could do with this? Again thank you for your efforts.! :D

Hmm, when PCF went down for maintenance, GamersHQ became unavailable as well. I noticed that I still can't access the site. Is this temporary?

Hmm, when PCF went down for maintenance, GamersHQ became unavailable as well. I noticed that I still can't access the site. Is this temporary?

There was an error that was affecting only the front page URL, not the actual forum URL.

Fixed now, thanks for reporting.

Back