FYI: PCF Upgrade

Light mode has issues:

index.php

Happens with the sidebar on either side.

Nice updates, 711 ?

Thank you!

The rationale explained in that thread has not changed:
Entropia Universe is still a real-cash economy game, and thus community identities are a very important part of helping to prevent scams, fraud, harassment, etc.
Everyone know “ms Patterson” as Sinner and not by ms Patterson so in this case it would seem more consistent with this mentality to actually change it for him.

I would agree with you on any other case.

A few admins and a website doesn’t make a forum. WE make a forum, and WE vote for it.

How about “Sinner (formerly mspatterson)”. :laugh:

You can simply swap priority fields. What I don't need because my nickname matches that in the game.

The rationale explained in that thread has not changed:

Everyone know “ms Patterson” as Sinner and not by ms Patterson so in this case it would seem more consistent with this mentality to actually change it for him.

I would agree with you on any other case.

A few admins and a website doesn’t make a forum. WE make a forum, and WE vote for it.
MSPatterson is his ex wife’s name in real life, it was her forum account.
Should Sinner not be allowed his own account? Or does she get that too.

People moaning about name changes is stupid in my book. If they just put their avatar name in first then it would not be a problem. You have the opportunity to add your in-game name to your profile and all add signatures. If 711 starts to change names now you will get all sorts of people moaning that he did not do it for them. The rules have been set if you don't like them don't use the forum, it's simple as that.

People moaning about name changes is stupid in my book. If they just put their avatar name in first then it would not be a problem. You have the opportunity to add your in-game name to your profile and all add signatures. If 711 starts to change names now you will get all sorts of people moaning that he did not do it for them. The rules have been set if you don't like them don't use the forum, it's simple as that.
Its easy for the rest of us to say that when we happened to make our forum names the same as our in game name to start. Have some empathy for people that stuffed up and are forced to regret it for the rest of their EU career because they are provided NO recourse. hell, you murder somebody and after 30 years the state forgives you.

What about the idea of allowing someone to change their forum name if they submit some kind of proof of avatar ownership, and pay a small fee. Surely this would reduce the amount of people willing to change their name for the fun of it.

The mods ask for a screenshot showing certain things, it gets provided, the mods then collect a fee and make the change. Mods can even deny a request if the rationale behind the name change isn't deemed valid.

If MsPatterson is indeed Sinner in the game, and only bears the name MsPatterson because of a previous marriage, surely this person should have some ability to make the change.

Just don't make the changes easy or free. I can definitely see why 711 and other mods want to limit PCF name changes.

With these warring tribes ... no wonder the next fake account in the game can be MS Patterson and in the forum Captain Sinner. :hug:

With these warring tribes ... no wonder the next fake account in the game can be MS Patterson and in the forum Captain Sinner. :hug:
Actually, the fake forum account that is
being used for recent attacks by the ‘alt army’ is “CaptainSinner”
Captain Sinner was the real one and is currently banned.
Disregard any PMs from CaptainSinner.

Its easy for the rest of us to say that when we happened to make our forum names the same as our in game name to start. Have some empathy for people that stuffed up and are forced to regret it for the rest of their EU career because they are provided NO recourse. hell, you murder somebody and after 30 years the state forgives you.

Yeah, let's compare a forum name to murder/ You must have loved drama school.

EpKv.gif

It is clear that Sinner is currently using his wife's account illegally, and the system does not allow him to fix this.

Today I have a headache and my thought is not very fast... is this a new political series of Star Wars?

Well yes I will make the comparison since in the forum world, murder seems to be more forgivable than a change of name.

You cant murder, anyone, in the forum. Stop being so dramatic.

Good to know I got some PMs from this account and kept going on about getting solders for his army. I didn't understand what the hell he was talking about but I guess now it makes sense.

I still have a title of my name above my name:

HZhJzCp.png

I joined the game in 2005 which is when I made my forum account, I lost access to my original avatar so had to make Binx, using a second forum account is banned so what do you recommend I do?

i can see why allowing name changes would be a bad idea however....
having listened to what most have said here and in discords as well as 711, i think the only time an exception could be made if these conditions are not met
as per the existing rules: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ums-policy-regarding-username-changes.134798/
  • You have fewer than 100 posts
  • You have been a member of the forum for less than 6 months
would be to allow a 1 time only name change to match the in-game avatar name as well as show the former name under it in brackets.
this way the rules would still be followed and the community who has become accustomed to the former name, as well as those who may be unaccustomed will know what the name was before and that the name has been changed to reflect their in-game avatar name

this is the fairest solution i could think of , tho im not sure how many would agree with me, i think at least its worth consideration to help alleviate some stresses between 711 and members, as well as help deal with fake accounts/alts and some scams etc

We need a higher reaction daily limit.
I reached it about 6 hours in and I just need to get out there and show my love to all my favourite posts!

Reactions: Geo
Mindark as usual misses an opportunity to capitalize on an opportunity to introduce a pay feature - name change (with a history), 1 time. $25 USD.

Albeit, forced linking of accounts of game and forum is more important. But this is a stop gap.

Where's the creativity and innovation on your staff?

Reactions: Geo
Good to know I got some PMs from this account and kept going on about getting solders for his army. I didn't understand what the hell he was talking about but I guess now it makes sense.
Many people have been pm'd by these troll/alt accounts pretending to be sinner (who is banned atm). I am sure they have all been reported but I dont know if that deletes pms still waiting to be read. Not everyone reads all the threads/game chat/discords etc to know about this, so I am sure some will unfortunately fall for it, which is awful.

It's about time, that this game like most others, never mind the fact its and RCE, does not allow spoof accounts to be created. We have a list of dozens of troll/spoof/alt accounts created in recent weeks just to spread nastiness, undermining the game and the community. I hope like the recent toxicity this gets fixed also.

This thread is for the discussion of the recent PCF upgrade and new features.

:topic:

In any case, the username change policy is not up for debate.

Last edited:
Also, all references to (and display of) Reaction Score have been removed.
Wouldn't this have been sufficient to dry their tears? The only beefs regarding it were sensitive people concerned about what others think of them, and those who on top of that that aimed to accumulate reactions (whether they will admit it or not) by posting ?:poop: in the process... masquerading as intellectuals and saints.

The PCF Gallery forum add-on has been updated to the latest version.

Please report any bugs or unusual behavior related to the gallery in this thread, thanks.

Wouldn't this have been sufficient to dry their tears? The only beefs regarding it were sensitive people concerned about what others think of them, and those who on top of that that aimed to accumulate reactions (whether they will admit it or not) by posting ?:poop: in the process... masquerading as intellectuals and saints.

Nobody cares I think, just an attack on JohnB using his wife, betting on her authority. Weak people with dry brains.

Back