FYI: PCF Upgrade

I have increased the daily reaction limit.

If i don't use all my daily allotment of "reactions" , can I bank them for future use ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selling reactions @ forum boxes. This offer is contingent on future banking regulations.

Maybe they could ad a refill pack at the web shop. Be a good way to fund the forums.

WTS: daily reaction stickies - cheap /s

actually I would like to have more - more different smiley reaction rewardys - like steam or voat - or even (scared to sayit ) crypto rewardys like minds, BAT or Steamit...

at the very least a middle of the road smiley not up not down but neutral but not wow - know waht i mean?

Last edited:
Since update, every time a load PCF or refresh, it appears as though I get a notification then it quickly disappears.
For a brief moment it was saying 1 now for the moment it says there are 2 Notifications for a split second before disappearing.

Since update, every time a load PCF or refresh, it appears as though I get a notification then it quickly disappears.
For a brief moment it was saying 1 now for the moment it says there are 2 Notifications for a split second before disappearing.

Sounds like a JavaScript issue.

Can you try doing a hard refresh of your PCF browser window?
Hold CTRL and press F5, and see if that corrects the issue.

Sounds like a JavaScript issue.

Can you try doing a hard refresh of your PCF browser window?
Hold CTRL and press F5, and see if that corrects the issue.
It happens on my Mobile, Home and Office devices.

On tablet, same thing. Now it flashes 3 notifications, for a millisecond, before disappearing

They are actual notification numbers. After clicking through the ones highlighted in the Alerts, the number went down from 3 , 2 and now 1.
I left 1 Alert on to see. It is still flashing on then off when loading forum.

Same here. Happens every time I open the forum.
Yes, I am noticing the same thing as well

Yup, me too

Guys, make sure you have all the notifications read, in the notifications dropdown. One of the notifications isn't, that's why you briefly can see it.

Please take a screenshot of the issue, and post it in this thread, if possible.

Can confirm experiencing the same since the forum update.

When you got n new alerts, briefly the number n+1 is shown and then n.
This results in a short-time display of 1, when you in fact got no new alerts.

EDIT:

Shows in fact n+(#unread). Had one unread old alert, hence came up with +1.
When #unread equals 0, then all is fine.

Therefore, might be even a feature, not a bug. :laugh:

Last edited:
Shot video on how to reproduce.

After going through all Alerts and clearing the old highlighted Alert notifications, it seems to be working normally for any new ones.
Having an Old Alert after reload, made any new notifications cause alerts to blink on and off it would seem.

Will update if it happens again.

Last edited:
Seems to me like a lag in the browser - ofc i've noticed this lag other places too - it seems like javascript lagging - like when a webpage calls google for a font lag

Last edited:
Shot video on how to reproduce.

Indeed, it seems that those experiencing this issue have alerts that have not been marked as read.

Hi 711, I'd like to ask why we see reactions as first icons (thumbs up/down), then names. This means I don't know at a glance who (and possibly x others) liked or disliked a post. It's a minor point, but can it be changed to make more sense visually?

I have noticed this also

I'm pretty sure that this red indicator before the update appears without refreshing the page, but now only after refreshing.

ppo.jpg

A few of them are still there, but most are out, which is great news. :) Nice new update!

RE the name changes, I agree with the sentiments above, than name changes in general should not be allowed, but absolutely encouraged if its to change your name to your actual in game name.
I've wanted to do this for about 10 years.

Back