PE Assistant

Status
Bump this back up! Need new version for VU 10. Some people might say try another program but i love PEass as it has the calc built in also and the webpage feature as well at the nice screen shot ability. Bring back ASAP

Some people might say try another program but i love PEass ....
Could you please tell me what other apps are out there that can be used in VU10 that remotely does what PEass did?

PS: can't wait for a new one.

Could you please tell me what other apps are out there that can be used in VU10 that remotely does what PEass did?

PS: can't wait for a new one.

agreed...

for those of us that HAVE to run full scrren. PEASS is great!

hope it comes back soon:)

I have attempted to contact Chainfire directly. If anything comes of it either positive or negative, I'll report here.

AG

Just got this reply apparently he's on vacation from the company he's working with these days. At least it's not a no.. just yet anyway:

Dear Alpha Geek of Dragons Shadow,

Thank you for writing Morose Media and for buying WMWifiRouter.

Unfortunately Mr. Chainfire is out of the office at the moment... probably slaying and/or eating Allophyls at some remote location (we hear they are quite delicious with a decent red wine). While we are unsure whether he will be able to upgrade the fine PE-ass he build to work with the new version, and whether he can find time to do it - he will be back in the beginning of September to let you know.

Have a great day,
The Morose Media Team

Just got this reply apparently he's on vacation from the company he's working with these days. At least it's not a no.. just yet anyway:

Dear Alpha Geek of Dragons Shadow,

Thank you for writing Morose Media and for buying WMWifiRouter.

Unfortunately Mr. Chainfire is out of the office at the moment... probably slaying and/or eating Allophyls at some remote location (we hear they are quite delicious with a decent red wine). While we are unsure whether he will be able to upgrade the fine PE-ass he build to work with the new version, and whether he can find time to do it - he will be back in the beginning of September to let you know.

Have a great day,
The Morose Media Team

Thanx for info. :)

I don't know who responded to my email, but the Allophyls comment just makes it. LOL

Cheers, whoever you are!

Uh - hate to tell you guys, but I reinstalled PEAssist in the same folder as Entropia.exe is now - and it works just fine for me.

Couldn't manage without PEAssist for screenies, calculator and notepad :ahh:

Uh - hate to tell you guys, but I reinstalled PEAssist in the same folder as Entropia.exe is now - and it works just fine for me.

Thanks for that information.
But how about the in-built maps, etc etc?
They need to changed.

Thanks for that information.
But how about the in-built maps, etc etc?
They need to changed.

In windowed mode it is also working.

You can change the maps your self easily.
There is an ini file in which the maps are named. You can add and change maps there.

Cheers
Siam

Interesting, I did the same thing. It could do screenies, but all the other options were unavailable, because the overlay wouldn't work for me. :scratch2:

EDIT:
Playing in full screen mode.

I CTD instantly after Launch, all the time... that's why I made the first post here in the first place:)

Now... let me see something...
weeellll guess what it now works for me,... I had Data Execution Prevention enabled in WinXP(it's usually disabled) and that's why I CTD-ed (again, same was in VU9) while PEAss was on the background. I had to add Entropia.exe to the list of exceptions (ie. DEP disabled for it)
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

But, now that it does work... in windowed mode you can move PEAss and its windows everywhere on your desktop(even on top of Entropia's window), they're no longer constrained to the Entropia window...

However in full screen, you can't see the PEAss window and thus can't use ie. calculator, because PEAss window is on desktop and u have to alt-tab out of game to use it...

Hence, a fix for full screen will have to happen... and since I can't wait ... lol... I will have to try something to fix it... (watch an Edit in this post maybe?)

+Rep to you Serica, because you also showed me I should've been more persistent :) And your post reminded me of DEP

PS: DEP is probably enabled in Vista all the time (not sure)...

greatest news of VU 10 right here!

Tried it with win 7 ... no go for me... will try again ... :scratch2:

Tried it with win 7 ... no go for me... will try again ... :scratch2:

Same thing here, i get like 10 VU clients running after clicking "launch" in VU assistant. BTW tried with and without AA - no luck, and one more thing PEass installs in VU folder by default here. done it twice, at first it searches for registry VU key and than installs itself in VU folder. Will try to tinker with it for a bit see if anything else is causing this epileptic flashing.

Dont know if this helps you but this is what I do after each vu or patch (I use Vista and run in windowed mode)...

Run PEAssist as admin
Run EU as admin to client loader

Close both (PEAssist from system tray)

Run both again as normal.

Always had to do that with NRF too, ever since I got this laptop with Vista OS.

Oh - and I didnt want to take the chance of it finding the right location - I told it where to install.

Same thing here, i get like 10 VU clients running after clicking "launch" in VU assistant. BTW tried with and without AA - no luck, and one more thing PEass installs in VU folder by default here. done it twice, at first it searches for registry VU key and than installs itself in VU folder. Will try to tinker with it for a bit see if anything else is causing this epileptic flashing.

If I were you, I would move PEAss into bin32 folder, then... add Entropia.exe to DEP exceptions (see here: http://www.itechtalk.com/thread3591.html )
then try to run PEAss but only when VU10 is in windowed mode, it won't work in full screen since PEAss' windows are below the graphics overlay it seems...

when moving mouse(in fullscreen) over the PEAss window(s) they temporarily appear but are overwritten again by EU graphics

I've been using VB.NET and a couple of nifty 'TopMost' settings to make my nifty dashboard program appear above EU (it will actually appear above any game - ;)) Just working though on getting it up to the standard of Chainfire's excellent program, which will take a fair bit of doing since I haven't worked on it for 13 months ;)

Could you please say if your nifty 'TopMost' settings work with this VU10 now? I understand they worked on VU9, so did PEAss... but on VU10 perhaps the graphics would be on top of even your windows ?
Much appreciated if you could test and say :)

If I were you, I would move PEAss into bin32 folder, then... add Entropia.exe to DEP exceptions (see here: http://www.itechtalk.com/thread3591.html )
then try to run PEAss but only when VU10 is in windowed mode, it won't work in full screen since PEAss' windows are below the graphics overlay it seems...

when moving mouse(in fullscreen) over the PEAss window(s) they temporarily appear but are overwritten again by EU graphics

Thanks mate, but PEass runs fine when in windowed mode, i want to be able to use PEass when in full. It's not like i'm going mental here without it, but playing with it was so much better, i didin't have to alt-tab all the time like i do now. PEass's simplicity and convenience will be missed. :)

Could you please say if your nifty 'TopMost' settings work with this VU10 now? I understand they worked on VU9, so did PEAss... but on VU10 perhaps the graphics would be on top of even your windows ?
Much appreciated if you could test and say :)

Will do some testing this weekend, work's pretty demanding of my time at the moment. Gotta get some more PE-Ass functionality into my program too as I've been a bit too busy as of late.

Stay tuned. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks in advance nightwolf any results would love to see

Thanks in advance nightwolf any results would love to see

At the moment I get get the program to appear on top (in window mode) , however, full screen mode is proving problematic.

If the PE Ass developer would donate (please) the part of the source code that does this, It would save me the hassle, cause then I could wrap my code around that and make some changes, to support VU 10.0.

I'm now using C# with the backend written in Managed C++ ;)

VB.NET Just doesn't cut it.

I do have plans to show some screenshots, once I've finalised the interface and sorted out some technical issues.

Last edited:
At the moment I get get the program to appear on top (in window mode) , however, full screen mode is proving problematic.

If the PE Ass developer would donate (please) the part of the source code that does this, It would save me the hassle, cause then I could wrap my code around that and make some changes, to support VU 10.0.

I do have plans to show some screenshots, once I've finalised the interface and sorted out some technical issues.

However the code you're asking for won't work for VU10 (in full screen I mean) but it did work for VU9... but sure maybe if you see it you can mod it to make it work :) Let's hope Chainfire will give you that code :rolleyes:

PS: I did PM Chainfire once last month or so, about releasing PEAss sourcecode or something but he didn't yet read that PM :)

PE ass is written in Delphi.
I have talked to Chainfire plenty of times after he stopped maintaining it and even offered to do the maintenance. He never fully disclosed the code.

If my hunting issues in VU10 are not resolved soon i might be tempted to build a new PE ass myself.

Cheers
Siam

I've found some promising info on how Direct X 10 does its fullscreen rendering, I "may" be able to cook something up with a little luck and a little programming wizardry ;)

We aren't out of the woods yet though, as I will need to write a new DirectX APIHack module, as the old one seems to only work in window mode (which is working for PEAss and NW's EU Assistant* at the moment)

I'm going to make the project open source at this point too, because 'many hands make light work', as someone once said.

The project is currently based at http://sourceforge.net/projects/nweuassist/.

Last edited:
Ohhhh Pleeeeas do...I miss it soo...:silly2:

I've found some promising info on how Direct X 10 does its fullscreen rendering, I "may" be able to cook something up with a little luck and a little programming wizardry ;)

Woot and Woot some more!! Now can you make sure it works with Win 7 as well :yay: LoL just thought if you where working on it :D

Status
Back