Recoda

Prowler
Recoda
Project Entropia Database 4, inc Simulator
BETA Released

(The webpage is down)

New Screenshots:

Don't Forget...

Don't forget to set the Simulation Money to 1000, 10000 or such. As it could be used to buy Ammo for the Hunting Simulator. Ammo can be bought in the Simulation Section or in the Hunting Simulator itself and is required for the use of ranged weapons. The Reload bar will be stuck at 75% if you don't have any ammo.

Last Release,
The last edition of the Project Entropia Database was released 06/02/2005. Approximately one year ago.

Short Information,
The Project Entropia Database was made to become a complete database, and cover almost everything in Project Entropia. It contains tons of different sections and pictures, and most of the weapon stats and information is in there aswell. I also added a few extra section during the weeks I gathered information to the database. Each section is speciallized in one way or another.

The Simulator,
One major update from the previous editions is the Project Entropia Simulator.
- It has a working loot system.
- The armors will decay and loose protection.
- You may repair the broken items.
- You may choice between any weapon ingame.
- Hunt any creature you'd like and get the feeling of being uber!
- Fake economy, you'll be using (fake) money to buy weapons, etc.
- Real working reload bars, correct damages, health, and misc stats.
- Fully customizable, you can even change the weapons reload time in real time.
- Hire Healers and kill creatures in team, it can all be done.
- Try different weapons and see how efficient they are on different creatures.

It's a working simulator and the feeling is really PE-like.

A couple of friends of mine have tested it and they're just amazed.

Previous Editions and Comments,
On the previous editions, the threads made on Entropia Pioneers got over 9100 visitors.
Here are some comments regarding the previous versions:
The Beast, Just Fricken wow!
Kay, Only one word will give you my feeling: impressive!
Gruye, btw, freakin amazing work Recoda!
Skam, Hail mighty recoda!
Moser, Awsome work!!
Starfinder, wow.... just wow...
ZzaK, I say 2 words...HOLY SNAPPIN DUCK poo Great job recoda!!!!
FafneR, Fantastic Recoda! You should charge for this ( 20 Molisk teeth at least?)
Dinara, Recoda rocks Cool
Cryptik, Recoda the proggie F'n Rules! Good work!
Temptress, awsome recoda! you rock
Jake, OMG, that looks freaking awesome!

Anyhow, the Database has now been released to the public and you may download it by clicking the download link on the bottom of this page.

Please post in the thread and let me know what you think about the database. The discussion begins at Page 14.

Visit the Homepage​

Last edited:
wow this sounds unbelievable, good job Recoda :cheer:

wow, great thing, now I will spend rest of my PE-life with it :D

wow .. this sounds great. Is this totally new or is there already something available to us? (old version)

Jessie :girl:

Jessie Star said:
wow .. this sounds great. Is this totally new or is there already something available to us? (old version)

Jessie :girl:

I've created three other versions before. However, they're rather outdated today as they were created years ago. Version 4.0 is also the only one which is advanced enough to have a simulator included.

The simulator isn't all though, it's got tons of other sections. Even though you just see three on the screenshots. ;)

AkiranBlade said:
I'll sign up.

That sounds great. Send me a PM though. ;)

Btw, take a look at my signature. :)

Last edited:
Very impressive, I usually don't sign up to such things, but I'm definetly signing up for this one...

Pm sent, + rep ;)

Ok, hmm, let me get MSN real quick :D

Seems like alot of people are interested in participating in the BETA-phase. Great. Anyhow, I'm going to begin a small summary/tutorial for the database.

Some features and sections can be quite complicated if you aren't sure how they work.

As I've recieved a few questions, I guess I could answer some here.
The beta-testers aren't required to have any programming-skills at all.
Basically, what I want you to do is to test through every section in the database and search for incorrect information, bugs and/or missing features.

You're required to comment the database along with the simulator though, and you will be added to the credits once the database has been finished. ;)

Note that the database is rather large, so it would be great if you had a fast internet connection. That's not required, but it's better, as it's a bit easier on me if I don't have to spend half the night to send over the upgrades after a couple of small fixes.

The size of the database isn't determined, as I will pack it down and create an installation of it all. However, I'm guessing that the final size will end up at 40 - 90 Mb.

Each update will problably be 10 - 15 Mb large, as the functions, etc, are stored in a database file.

Awesome Id love to test this out :D.

Really cool Recoda!

(I got a sick connection ;) )

Wow that rocks, cant wait to see the finished product... + Rep

First, this is great tht you are doing all this work, thanks and gratz.

I am a little unclear on tow things:

1) What is the point of having the simulator
2) VERY KEY: how did you model the loot system...???

Kombinator said:
First, this is great tht you are doing all this work, thanks and gratz.

I am a little unclear on tow things:

1) What is the point of having the simulator
2) VERY KEY: how did you model the loot system...???

Well, it might be fun to tryout the Improved Mk.II before you spend tens of thousands of peds to buy it. That's the main reason of the simulator, to try different equipment before you buy it.

And to see how certain changes would unbalance the game. For example, you could try to amplifiy your personal customized weapon with an amplifier that does + 5000 in damage.

The loot system wasn't designed exactly as the one ingame. And I made it a bit easier to get a HoF in order to turn up the fun-factor. Anyhow, the average loot is based on the health level of the creature along with a few other factors. You rarely recieve the same loot though.

What about a skill system in the Simulator?

The whole program shurely looks nice :) great job.

damn... thins sound cool.. will help anyway I can...

OK, let me ask this a different way: how do you know what the loot algorythm is in game, and if you do this would be an incredible info to know...

I'm sure he doesn't. This sounds like a fun toy but I have to question the validity of any results from it. Nobody really knows how loot works, nobody really knows how the damage you take works, nobody really knows how the damage a mob takes works, etc, etc.

As I previously stated, the lootsystem in the simulator doesn't work like the one ingame. The lootsystem in the simulator was made to give the simulator a better feeling.

Every creature has a certain minimum damage, and a certain maximum damage. The database randomly picks a number between the Min/Max, or the Min/Max itself.

The same thing goes with the handgun. It has a minimum damage which is changed frequently, depending on your skills. This means that a certain Avatar has a certain average damage aswell.

One weapon isn't able to do a higher average damage in % than another if they both have the same minimum damage in %. Ofcourse, it's all theoretical, and it's possible to get lucky strikes and such. However, the damage system is basically the same, it randomly picks a number between the Min/Max or the Min/Max itself.

There are tons of theories of how the lootsystem works. The loots in the simulator are most likely better than the ones ingame, I could make the average loot a bit more accurate. It could be dependant on cost, on the health level of the creature, the current time, etc. There are tons of ways the loot system could work, I picked one. But if you recieve a HoF in the simulator, you wouldn't recieve one ingame.

However, if it costed you a certain amount of PEDs to kill a creature in the simulator, it could cost the same ingame. Depending on your luck/hit-rate, etc.

Anyhow,
I guess I should tell you that this isn't just a simulator. Here are some, yes, some of the sections:
Creatures, PE Simulators, Land Areas, Crafting, Blueprints, Tailoring, Skills, Skill Levels, Budget, Avatar Sections, Weapons, Attachments, Fast Aid Packs, Tools, Armors, Clothes, Mindforce, Misc Items, Durability Info, Notebook, Misc Info, Custom Sec 1, Custom Sec 2, Websites, Credits, How to gain certain skills, Activities and skillgains, Documents, etc, etc.

To the possible BETA-Testers,
I'm currently working on the Tutorials. I'm going to create the installation after the most important tutorials are finished. I'm guessing that I'll send out the first copy tomorrow.

I've got tons of possible BETA-testers now. I'm just going to start off with a few, but I might pick a couple of other ones later. Anyhow, the BETA-Testers will be notified about it either today or tomorrow.

Nebu said:
What about a skill system in the Simulator?

The whole program shurely looks nice :) great job.

At the moment. It'll just appear as if you're gaining skills. I did think about creating some kind of a skillsystem though.

But I'm not sure what triggers a skillgain, so a skillsystem wouldn't work as a real simulation.

I might update the simulator a bit more later on, such as improving the lootsystem. It wouldn't be impossible to create a loot-pool, were you were able to loot peds that you had previously lost. And if you won to much, it'd dry out the loot-pool and increase the chance that you'd loose again.

Although, right now. I like it as some kind of a weapon simulator, with a couple of additional features. ;)

Last edited:
cowl ~~

I realy like to test this :girl:

Alright.

I just finished a website with a couple of additional screenshots, some tutorials, etc. I'm going to select the BETA-testers now and send over a PM to them.

I recieved way to many applicants in order to take them all at once, though.
But I might accept a few extra BETA-testers later on, so don't be sad just because you weren't selected this time.

The PE Database isn't going to be sent over to anyone before tomorrow though, so be patience. ;)

Edit:
Ok, take it easy. I haven't sent out any PMs yet. Am just looking through the messages at the moment.

If you're chosen or not primary depends on your message.

Last edited:
New pm sent,

This sounds like a good idea, and I'd love to test it, but I've been away from PE to long, I'd have to know what's going on first or else I'll just be confused. I would suggest putting on Armor with Anti-Lawyer Armor in case Mindark doesn't like you making a simulator off their game.

I've finally sent out all of the PMs. Both those who were accepted/denied should have a PM in their inbox by now.

I've added those who were denied onto a special list, which means that they'll get a second chance in the next phase. I'm still welcomming applications though, as I will accept a couple of more in the next phase.

A total of 14 people were accepted during the first phase.

This sounds like a great program you have going here +rep. It would be cool to see what can be done with the different items and mobs. If you get an opening for more testers count me in. ;) I always thought something like this would be a great way for noobs to get a feel for the game, it's nice to see someone working on it. Maybe you can go full scale once you get all the stuff worked out you want to. Best of luck with this! (pm on its way)

Holy Crap Count Me In!

I just sent over the first copy of the database. I'm going to try to send em over to all of the beta-testers today.

Anyhow, we'll see how this phase goes. And then, after a couple of updates I'll problably launch phase two, which will allow me to accept a few extra beta-testers. :)

All of the applicants who weren't accepted have been added onto a list for phase two. The PMs I get from today will also be added onto that list.

And I'm going to try to send over a PM to everyone who recently sent in their application today.

Awesome! Signing up for sure if ok!! :)

StrongMinded said:
Awesome! Signing up for sure if ok!! :)

Sure thing. I'll add you to the second phase-list. :)

Lukester said:
Holy Crap Count Me In!

Also added. :)

I'll contact you once the Second Phase begins, if you get in. ;)

Damn, it's hard to get hold of these beta-testers. I guess it'll take another day before they all have the database.

Status
Back