Info: Personal Manufacturing Terminals

VandalHand

Dominant
Society
AO
VandalHand
Hello Everyone,

Before I get started, I have submitted a support case about this bug / hidden feature already.

As always, I want to make it public knowledge in any case.

If you operate a Personal Manufacturing Terminal, and just walk away you can craft while you hunt or mine at the same time!
This also allows you to access the Auction anywhere.
You can find one for sale for 26k~ PED at Morningtear Castle, as well as use one placed on the roof of that estate to see how it works for yourself.

dJSpAqK.png

As you can read in the description, it's intended to function as a normal Manufacturing Terminal - which do not permit you to craft while doing anything else.
Note: If you use a teleportation chip, you can keep the window open and craft, but if you take a teleport or change instances it will no longer function.

Kind Regards,
- VH

Thanks for sharing, hope this gets some bugfixing attention.
If this still works then this may also still work in space where it definately shouldnt.

Thanks for sharing, hope this gets some bugfixing attention.
If this still works then this may also still work in space where it definately shouldnt.
I don't believe it works in space, as you cannot go directly to space without the transition which causes this to disappear (such as TP chips, I do not know what this transition type is called). Consequently the only way it would work is if you could place it on a ship, and if I recall correctly I was unable to place items on my ship when I owned one.

I don't believe it works in space, as you cannot go directly to space without the transition which causes this to disappear (such as TP chips, I do not know what this transition type is called). Consequently the only way it would work is if you could place it on a ship, and if I recall correctly I was unable to place items on my ship when I owned one.
It used to be a known bug that you could keep crafting in space if you accepted a summon. It was fixed by mindark doing those distance checks to terminals - however it seems distance checks dont work or were not implemented for the personal terminal and maybe they should have chosen different means like locking avatar movement alltogether while at terminal/crafting interface maybe as if they were in a vehicle which would have blocked summons as well.

Wait, so with these crafting terminals you DON'T lose the statistics from your entire run when you accidentally hit the movement button? I think all other crafting terminal behavior is more worthy of the term "bugged" than these ones. I'm also fine with being movement locked, as we were in the past, but losing the record of your run because you moved a step too far away from the machine is meme tier design.

That's what I'm thinking. Maybe the game just shouldn't let you loot mobs, mining finds, etc., while the window is open to prevent players in other professions from crafting at the same time and dragging crafted item markup down, but otherwise you're free to roam around while crafting.

Twitch Clip of the personal crafting terminal in use.

Still works to my knowledge.

Bump for awareness.

- VH

Back