Petition against the 2pec Decay on Equipping Armor

Coelacanth

Stalker
Coelacanth Coelacanth Maryka
I realize this is a major thread revival, but I was thinking about this in logical terms the other night while playing...

I understand the logic of clothing decaying a tiny bit every time you wear it (i.e. each time you put it on & take it off), because that's how you "use" clothing...by WEARING it.

By the same logic, I disagree that armor should suffer the same decay (if it indeed still does, I haven't checked to confirm this lately), because the purpose of armor is to PROTECT you, i.e. when you're in battle or hunting. Armor isn't doing its job when you just remove & replace it, just as weapons aren't do their job when you equip/unequip them. Last time I checked, weapons don't decay when you equip/unequip them, so why should armor?

Mindark maintains that their major source of revenue is from decay, so this unnecessary and illogical decay on armor R & R is like an unfair tax, at least IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicolas NicoLePro Lami, signed.

If I recall correctly (this happened in 2007 remember) they reduced armor equip fee from 2 pec per piece to 1 pec per piece following "player feedback". 2 pec per item on clothing remained.

Good luck, but I think its with us for good now - same as regenerating mobs and other nerfs.

And if I recall correctly at the time their reason was the stress and strain it put on the servers, causing lag(snicker)...everyone changing armour and clothes.

Since we can now change armour with 1 click, wouldn't that be a non-issue now??

I support you petition, and by all means sign me up.

But knowing MA I give it about as much chance as a snowball in Hell. ;)

good luck!

I sign up because that hopefully would revive the stagnant clothes market when people get used again to unequip their armors between hunts.

Which in turn would improve MU on tailoring materials, paints, etc - total win for everyone including MA, which certainly is aware what the fee did to the clothes market but have to wait for our petition to make waiving of the fee look as their generosity and not as admitting of their mistake. Lets help them! :)

Signed!

dunno what good it will do, but always thought it was some big BS
we are taxed, taxed, and taxed again :0

Right...I don't play a computer game to pay taxes; I play a game to get AWAY from reality.

Complete agreement with removing this tax.

Mindark , please show you hear your playerbase and respect their opinion of how they view this ridiculous tax.

Bones

Samuel Sam Robet - Says no to decay when u put clothes and armor on. Its silly, game is already expensive. I bet you tons of newcommers quit just cause they can't put their Ojs back on.

If I recall correctly (this happened in 2007 remember) they reduced armor equip fee from 2 pec per piece to 1 pec per piece following "player feedback". 2 pec per item on clothing remained.

Good luck, but I think its with us for good now - same as regenerating mobs and other nerfs.

They also removed it completely on L armours, don't know if that's still the case.

Strange how things turn around as I remember a few quite vocal supporters of it at the time were saying it was a brilliant idea and those whining about it should stfu and / or leave if we didn't like it.

Don't forget we did talk them into removing estates fees so there may be a small glimmer of hope.

Last edited:
I sign up because that hopefully would revive the stagnant clothes market when people get used again to unequip their armors between hunts.

Which in turn would improve MU on tailoring materials, paints, etc - total win for everyone including MA, which certainly is aware what the fee did to the clothes market but have to wait for our petition to make waiving of the fee look as their generosity and not as admitting of their mistake. Lets help them! :)

Very good point.

I sign as well because I've never seen the need for this decay.

Signed because i always hated this tax, but last time i checked which was like last week at some point it was not taking the 1 pec off everytime i equipped and unequipped a piece of armor.. I could be wrong but i tried it several times.

Signing for this same reason.

Talania Tal Indigo

Signed because i always hated this tax, but last time i checked which was like last week at some point it was not taking the 1 pec off everytime i equipped and unequipped a piece of armor.. I could be wrong but i tried it several times.

Limited armor doesn't take a pec off. Possible it takes off a small amount based on it's durability making it so small you would have to do it many times to see a full pec taken off. Fruit test anyone?:cool:

Signed! This is a stupid thing of the past.

Don't get your hopes up... they'll remove it and introduce a 10 pec tp fee.

but still.

Signed:

Storm Spawn Bootcamp

Signed

Lucky Akbar Sylphe

Even we all know this is a lost fight...

Not really their style to implement a tax (rip off) and remove it...
official reason was to reduce the lag (biggest MA joke ever).

I agree that is obsurd, but I have a feeling that it is in the coding.

But realistically we would damage armor in real life every time we put it on. Buckles, snaps, zippers, straps all decay with use in real life. Think about your belt on your pants or shoe laces.

1pec isn't really something significant. I am happy to pay the 7 pec per armor swap.

Signed!

I was one of the vocal opposition to the equipping tax when it was introduced. In protest I refuse to wear any armor, thus denying MA of the decay revenue they would have gotten from it during my hunts. I've also downgraded my targets to mobs that do not require the additional protection, additionally slowing down the rate of decay on weapons.

I hope that if more people follow this path, MA will realize their mistake and rescind this anti-fun tax.

Signed, stupid tax! Since 2007 MA cant upgrade servers (5 years of tax is enough for new claster :laugh:)?

Signed!

Jeroen Clonestar Leonardz

I'd be happy to see equip decay go, but I really don't believe the equip fee was the reason the clothes market died. It was clothes needing to be repaired that did that, suddenly all the clothes everyone used to have with 5% condition had to be repaired to look good. That tied up loads of ped, so we all sold our clothes.

signed by
Justin MADSTORM Teespoon

I'd be happy to see equip decay go, but I really don't believe the equip fee was the reason the clothes market died. It was clothes needing to be repaired that did that, suddenly all the clothes everyone used to have with 5% condition had to be repaired to look good. That tied up loads of ped, so we all sold our clothes.

That's true, but it shouldn't prevent the revival of the market now because everything worth wearing most likely is already repaired, and new clothes end up fully repaired after coloring/texturing since the value of the materials goes into its tt if it's not full.

Since they started to add decay even for using vehicles, guess we can forget about this.

Signed.

there is an funny storry about a few peeps that took 0,01 % of any backtransfair.
they got billions & nobody found them :D

nah just fun

since i take only 1 armor set, its not depending so much for me longer on UL.

Back