Petition: Bring back the real tamed animals!

Make tamed mobs look like real mobs

• Yes. If I want a small pet I will get a small pet!

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • No. I want em all tiny, cute and fluffy!

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Can't care less. Pets are for pussies anyway.

Votes: 17 34.7%

• Total voters

Fifth

Elite
The "Fifth" Entity
TL;DR: Screw these ridiculous tiny pets!

Seriously, a Daikiba of the size of the football? U must be frakin kiddin me! This is ridiculous.

There's animals out in the wild. Some are bigger, some smaller. You're a tamer you go out there and u tame em. Tamed animal is a tamed animal. It doesn't shrink once it's tamed. What u see is what u get, a real deal.

Let's put it into perspective, so u can see what I mean.
When u were approaching the old Swamp Camp, what was the 1st thing u saw from far away? Those huge tamed Daikis and Exas towering above the landscape. This was a glorious sight u could never forget...

Too bad couldn't find any screenies with Daiki and Exa Stalkers but here's one with Exa Old. Make it twice as big and u get the idea:

swamp1.jpg
20081220swampcampholidaygiveaway.jpg

I mean, Daikiba Stalker looked like Daikiba Stalker, tamed or untamed there was no difference. Quite literally they were "the real thing". Why would a mob suddenly shrink into this stupid tiny little pup after taming? C'mon that's just ridiculous!

Dear MA!

Prolly caught u in a bad moment. U prolly busy with compets, adding things majority of your playerbase never wanted, or whatever else it is u so busy with lately ...
ostrich-head.jpg

Just wanted to remind - what u did with tamed animals is exactly how you kill the excitement form the game and make it all silly and boring. That's the recipe, keep doing decisions like that and u will kill the game.

If u want to improve your game, go to the exact opposite direction - be very careful to keep the all the cool ideas that are already ingame intact and try to add new ones. It's that simple!

I caught and tamed my daikiba stalker 7 years a go not because it was small but because it was big and hardest to tame.
Never been in PVP with pet and neven will go.
I don't consider pet like a shield or like a selling item, pet is to love.
Seven years with beast, now passed level 100 and that is reward?
grumpy.jpg

So this was made to A) solve the problem with using pets as shields? B) make sure the pets won't interfere with hunting and block the mobs u trying to shoot?
Well they still block some shots now and then, even a tiny rabbit will eventually jump into the line of fire when u hunt underwater and move backwards.
There is a simple solution to both problems, make the pet "transparent" for weapons, problem solved.

Last but not least: Some time ago we were told we'll get those pet fights at stables:
mindark_stables_1.jpg

Suppose it will come some day... and from all the glorious powerful mobs we once had, all that's left is those ridiculous pocket versions. Very exciting indeed. :ahh:

Oh btw, while you @ it, fix sitting down on the ground for our avatars. Have been standing on my feet all these years and could really use some rest! :cool:

entropia2007.jpg

Fully supportet.

I want my Daikiba Puny Pub to become a daikiba STALKER again.

Of all the things this game needs to change, that should be right at the top of the list; enlarged pet size. :dunce:

I'd be fine with full sized pet as long as they can make them non-targetable and click-through - preferable with a toggle option.

Yes, I would like to have big Daikiba Stalker as it used to be before some noobs whined that they can be used as shield in pvp.

Just ban pets from pvp and problem solved.

Otherwise make all tanks and Pitbull vehicles tiny as well so people cannot hide inside/behind them!

p.s.
I did not bothered with training my Daikiba Strong after size was nerfed... who is losing money?

bring on the eomon pets.

Absolutely. And screwing everybody who had an ancient one just because a small but loud group of pk'ers whined was a cardinal sin. Revert this mistake, better late than never.

Last edited:
Okay, I see

So I'm not against the idea, but why does it matter so much the size?

I know this isn't World of Warcraft by any means but they use the same deal, you tame a giant version of the chosen beast and then it scales down to normal size.

We want to tame Behemoths!

Tall/big Pets like Daikiba can be abused while hunting due to size of pet. Some hunters abuse this on i.E. Proteron by walking backwards and get big pet in between you and mob and with some nice movement, the mob cannot hit you due to the range given by the pet which is, while you walk backwards, between you and the mob. Some player will argue now they use it for speed buff or similiar, but it also seem to give another advantage which can be considered "cheating".

Edit: Yes, I reported this "bug" to MA already. They seem to not care, unfortunately.

Tall/big Pets like Daikiba can be abused while hunting due to size of pet. Some hunters abuse this on i.E. Proteron by walking backwards and get big pet in between you and mob and with some nice movement, the mob cannot hit you due to the range given by the pet which is, while you walk backwards, between you and the mob. Some player will argue now they use it for speed buff or similiar, but it also seem to give another advantage which can be considered "cheating".

Edit: Yes, I reported this "bug" to MA already. They seem to not care, unfortunately.

If this is true, then changing size is not a solution.

Better if MA make pets 'non solid', just like some vegetation, so avatars and mobs and shots in pvp go through pets....

I know this isn't World of Warcraft by any means but they use the same deal, you tame a giant version of the chosen beast and then it scales down to normal size.
Good one actually. You hit the nail right on the head!

This is NOT WoW. In many ways this is quite the opposite of WoW. Therefore, I want to get rid of everything WoW in this game.

What about importance, no I don't think this is the most important thing to deal with.

The most important problems this game is facing:
-- Too high average cost to play (or in EU slang: "bad returns").
-- Returns would improve if the playerbase would increase tenfold, or even better - hundredfold.
-- What's the biggest obstacle for this to happen? Bad returns.
Vicious circle... and nobody really knows how to break it. Not with a direct assault obviously...

So what's left?
Improve things that can be improved. Re-balance the economy, bring back markup to the 3 main professions, ... Requires serious efforts and lot of hard work but at least it's not a mission impossible.
And at the very bottom of the list are small things like this one. No vicious circles here, not even huge effort or hard work required - it's all doable with very little effort.

What's interesting with little things, the positive effect is huge compared to the effort required. It's more like question of attitude. Do I, as a developer actually care about my playerbase? Why I'm working with it, just to get my paycheck or maybe it's because I like the game and really want to make it a better more pleasant place for all the ppl who play it?

So show us MA, which one is it? :coffee:

Better if MA make pets 'non solid', just like some vegetation, so avatars and mobs and shots in pvp go through pets....

It'd be more realistic for pets to die if they get shot in PVP, or get between you and a mob, etc., etc.

Whether they should die permanently or could be revived at a cost, is a matter of balancing.

Tall/big Pets like Daikiba can be abused while hunting due to size of pet. Some hunters abuse this on i.E. Proteron by walking backwards and get big pet in between you and mob and with some nice movement,

You can do this with a small pet, too. Try it while hunting Atrox. It's hard to escape them completely, but it gets in the way and is good for saving you a hit or two at least. I'm not sure if in this line of thinking the usage of a speed buff to safely escape Proteron isn't an exploit, too.

When they made the change, it was my perception that the main reason was complaints from pk'ers who didn't like that their prey could hide behind their pets. Did I get this wrong?

Anyhow, the proper way to address such a problem would be to make the mob ignore the pet, not to squash your treasured property. Don't tell me it's not doable, this is bollocks. Everything is doable in software. It is possible that it's been made artificially difficult by quirks in the framework, that I don't know. But this is no excuse.

Fully Agree
My Snable female stalker is now the size of a puny, and I rarely get them out anymore.

Whinging pk'ers.

It'd be more realistic for pets to die if they get shot in PVP, or get between you and a mob, etc., etc.

Whether they should die permanently or could be revived at a cost, is a matter of balancing.
It'd be more realistic if vehicles were able to get keyed anywhere inside or outside of pvp too, but that's a different matter, I suppose.

No no... This is when they were already kinda medium-nerfed. All the Old Alphas, Prowlers and Stalkers were renamed to "Strong" when taming was reimplemented and it's size was like the original Old Alpha. Or maybe even smaller than the original Old Alpha? I think? It's kinda hard to compare by memory.

Anyway, a bit later they were nerfed all over again, so now they fit nicely into your pocket.
Curiously enough it's still a leather-bound edition. Next logical step is the light paperback edition and finally we'll get a booklet that u can fold up and send away by a snail mail.

What's even more amazing, the metabolic rate of the two storey high Daikiba Staker remained the same after it's size diminished to a size of a tiny fur ball. Obviously all the intestines maw and liver in it's stomach maintained their original size. This might be a little hard to understand for the profanes like us, but in the inside the daikiba pet is actually 10 times bigger than on the outside. This is a real feat of hi-tech genetic engineering (prolly mixed with a good deal of quantum physics. Space-time curvature change and all that).

That's the reason why it couldn't be made any smaller. Should it shrink even further it would eventually collapse on itself and turn into a black hole that sucks in all the nutrio bars in the Entropia Universe!

:dunce:

Last edited:
These size changes are interesting from a pet battle point of view.

When compet was announced MA said that the reintroduced historical pets would have no further uses (don’t make me dig that out). So I didn’t bother training any old pets, due to the risk that it could be a complete waste of peds.

It’s highly likely though that MA had a change of heart, and decided those pets would battle as well, so that’s why the historical pet sizes were reduced (nothing to do with PvP).
I think MA used the words…. “to bring them in line with other pet sizes”.

Although there’s a big problem here with xp, the old pets appear to be able to add millions of xp rather quickly, that might not be compatible with MA battle plans.
I highly suspect they will cap xp on battles, or maybe they will make it meaningless other than allowing access to certain battles or tools to battle.

Not long after the size change there was a compet pic (don’t ask me to dig that out either), with an old exsuar displayed in it, suggesting that MA did intend to battle those old pets.
MA is famous for dropping these little clues all over the place, we never know though if it’s accident or intended.

One thing is for sure, MA have a moving development board that constantly changes in a live environment full of baggage.

I’m not against the big pets, it would’ve been really cool to have a large Atrox for example. Although we have what we have.

We don’t even know how the pet attributes will work for battles, I’m sure that a contentious issue within MA offices as well, and I take the pet attributes currently on pets as a pinch of salt until that is known.

We often put too much faith in an unknown future, to attempt to be ahead of the game.

Where is the compet game? Coz quite frankly I’m bored with upgrades, perfected rings, adjusted guns and all the other money grabbing excuses (not interested anymore).

Rick

Reactions: San
All my ancient stalker pets are just in storage, since MA made it small. They will stay there for ages, aslong they dont get back the size they had...

It give enought solutions, technicaly, to fix the pvp or cheating with larger pets. Why always MA make the users angry, with such changes? Or is this the new MA sport, making as much ppl angry as you can?

It really is a pain, how MA handle such things! Ok, now switch down my luck button, MA.. oh, forgot, you switched it down since more as 3 months.

If this is true, then changing size is not a solution.

"Non solid" is an even better idea. And yes, quick reply to my report from MA was, that someone else also already reported this abusive behaviour of some people.

You can do this with a small pet, too. Try it while hunting Atrox. It's hard to escape them completely, but it gets in the way and is good for saving you a hit or two at least. I'm not sure if in this line of thinking the usage of a speed buff to safely escape Proteron isn't an exploit, too.

Then you didnt read my explanation right. The pet prevent the proteron from getting close enough to you because the pet is in the way and the proteron has to get around the pet by moving left/right. By smart movement of the hunter, you can avoid many more hits than just one or two by the mob and make the pet be always between you and the proteron and keep the prot on distance.
Seen it a few times at hunters that say they use the pet for the buff. But no buff give you enough speed to run faster backwards than a proteron old for example. And since there is always a small delay on the pet following you, the distance is an advantage for the players benefit.

Hope it was explained clearer now.

Then you didnt read my explanation right. The pet prevent the proteron from getting close enough to you because the pet is in the way and the proteron has to get around the pet by moving left/right. By smart movement of the hunter, you can avoid many more hits than just one or two by the mob and make the pet be always between you and the proteron and keep the prot on distance.
Seen it a few times at hunters that say they use the pet for the buff. But no buff give you enough speed to run faster backwards than a proteron old for example. And since there is always a small delay on the pet following you, the distance is an advantage for the players benefit.

Hope it was explained clearer now.

But that's exactly what I was saying, it works with current (small) pets and hunting other mobs than Proteron, too. Mobs like Atrox usually negotiate their way around it, but it still buys you extra time. Anything less agile you can keep under control entirely with a bit of deftness. So this technique has nothing (or little) to do with how big a pet is.

I was then trying to generalize and mused if there is a limit to what can be seen as legitimate in avoiding getting hit. But that part was probably a weaker argument and I wouldn't like it outlawed, as it would be a kind of bait-and-switch thing and not resonate well wit users now after it has been introduced with so much fanfare.

Back