PETITION: Public Access button -and/or- Pilot Access to Guest List and Summon.

Ship Access

• Total voters

TheGreat

Old
The Great ◊ÐідмоηĐ◊ Adventurer
Hi,

I've been having some discussions with people about ships and it would be very beneficial if some simple things were changed. Space would benefit greatly. It would become a very popular environment.

This is a petition to have the following:

Public Access on/off Button while Docked.

and/or

Pilot Access to Guest List and Summon.

Leave your comments below and select the appropriate option in the poll above.

Easy URL to share/spread the word:

http://tinyurl.com/shipsaccesspetition

I agree, Pilot access to the Guest list, Summon and Engineering hub would make it easier to have Managers for ships, while the owners don't have to provide the deed or log in to adjust things.
MA wont change it though as they didn't design the ships.

self destruct.. eject passangers.. realease smoke screen... etc..

You are asking for implementation of "pilot class", in a way something similar we had back in the day (ironically due to a bug) when owners rented out hangars to actual hardcore pilots to fly them? If so, than yes, would be nice if owners could set extra permissions to specific people to be able to use and edit guest list, use summon etc.

We have been asking for it for years, with many a " your suggestion has been forwarded to the team"
I guess it effects such a tiny population that it's not a high priority.

However obviously to those who are in space it's a huge deal. With our schedule flights being on every night it was close to 2 year before Jbk had a holiday :eyecrazy: if it had been implemented it would have meant the trusted captains could be given summon and gl rights and crack on with the flights.

So yes, maybe one day there will have been enough of us who have asked for this over the years for it to be implemented, however I have a dreaded feeling that the summon scam fiasco of last year may have scuppered any hope we may have had.

This is the way it should have been in the first place.. However maybe instead of adding the rights to the pilot class , instead have it assigned to a manager role or something placed above the pilot role as it might not be always healthy to have all pilots have access to the other areas.

Long awaited feature tho and doesn't seem the devs are much interested in this direction

Yup ive sent a support case myself about this but of course got the standard canned reply.
Agree its needed though

My thought process on it all is this:

Public Access on/off while docked;

- This feature was already implemented, however it was not "while docked". The issue I believe that was being had, was while in flight, if ANYONE was to die in the vicinity of the ship they would automatically be revived on the ship and this could cause issues for those who do not want unwanted guests during flight.

- The coding to add the "while docked" is minor, and I do not see it taking more than 12-24hrs to implement and text on MindArk's side, max.

- The ability to have the ship on Public Access while docked would mean, ANYONE could come/go as they please and Pilots could then have people board the ship if they needed a flight, or if they were going out to do some space activities.

- The problem I see here is that you may get some unwanted guests hitching rides.

Pilot Access to Guest List and Summon:

- This is something that would also only require a small amount of coding, as well as time do implement and test. The Pilot class has already been created on the ship, it simply needs added permissions.

- This would be the best option IMO, if you trust a Pilot enough not to just go out and burn up your warp drive, etc, then you should trust them enough to manage the guest list and not abuse the summon command.

- A Pilot would then be able to operate the ship as the deed holder does now with the exception of upgrades, swapping drives, etc. This would still create the need for the ship owner to be available when it came time for upgrades or drive swaps.

It's fairly straight forward. In my country, if you have a petition with more than 25 signatures it becomes valid. Canadian Petitions. I understand Entropia is not a democratic society, and MindArk is our 'supreme being', however with enough votes, followed by enough support cases (sent from the website, as I am told that if you send from in-game, whatever planet you are on, they Planet Partner is charged) there might be a way to invoke change.

So, spread the word! Get some numbers on the poll! I have made a nice easy url to use in OP. :)

When the deed holder no longer needs to be there, motherships become passive income opportunities. Maybe MA doesn't want that. That's what led to hangar price inflation in the first place.

Back