Petition to get MA to fix the bugs before ANY more new features

Should MA fix the bugs first before developing new features?

• Total voters

HardWrath

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Max HardWrath Mayhem
Ok, IM TIRED OF THESE BUGS... Enough is ENOUGH.

I think, and I know that many of you think that MA needs to focus on fixing the bugs in system before they release ANY more new features in the game.

Forum trolls, conspiracy theorists, and the like should PLEASE keep their posts factual, and this goes for everyone else as well!

This is a simple poll that is designed to indicate to MA how the community as a whole feels about what the priorities need to be for the “development team” at MindArk.

So... what should the focus be? Fixing the bugs or developing new features and story lines?

I agree 100%.. they should fix the bugs before putting out a whole new VU. Old bugs that were fixed came back in this Last VU.. It is not fun to relog 100 times a day.

My simple answer:
Fix the #$%^&*%^($%@#$*(* bugs!

Priorities as I see they should be.

1. Fix the bugs!
2. Develop new story lines involving existing code features, geography, etc.
3. Develop new features.

With priorities in this order, MA would have better user retention and have to chase less new (and in some cases insane like adding a city of culture in a robot shoot 'em up) ideas in order to appeal to a broader target audience that may or may not stay after they download and can't figure out how to turn around.

AG

Almost everytime i send a support case for bugs in MA i mention tha they better fix their bugs and then start to put new shit in ...

but they don't listen their costumers ... you all :cussing: MA! :mad:

I consider quitting unless they do, soon! Bugs are so bad you get embarrased when introducing the game to new people. How hard can it be? And we're playing with real money here, some bugs are almost law-suitable ;) Come on Americans, sue them! (I'll stand up to testify for a cheap 20% charge;)

HardWrath said:
So... what should the focus be? Fixing the bugs or developing new features and story lines?

I would think the answer if pretty obvious...I cant imagine any developement would take priority over serious bugs, to a player. Its been said many many times before (here)...yet people still deposit. So, in the end, our actions speak much louder than our words.

personally, Ive been waiting for years for robots to NOT be able to shoot thru solid objects at me. Now, Ill bet you all the peds you care to wager that if it was the other way around it would be fixed in very short time...because "we" would be exploiting the game, but since it hasnt been fixed, the reality is just the opposite...the game is exploiting "us".

I havent seen a single new feature or meaningless decoration added to the game in the last couple years that is higher priority to me than "bugs" that exploit money from the players. To me, those should be priority #1. And WHEN the game becomes regulated by outside authorites, then you can just about be guaranteed those types of bugs will quickly become #1 priority.

As the current VU 8.5 even after today's hotfix crashes 100% of the time when I try to log in (as soon as the "real" world should replace the splash screen), the bugs in this game prevent me 100% from playing (and giving money to MA). So they either fix it (support case pending since 4 days now), or they lost a customer here. I WANT TO PLAY!!!

HardWrath said:
I think, and I know that many of you think that MA needs to focus on fixing the bugs in system before they release ANY more new features in the game.

I have saw 500 poll and post like that one ...
And i havent see yet any change ...
So why bother ?

HardWrath said:
Forum trolls, conspiracy theorists, and the like should PLEASE keep their posts factual, and this goes for everyone else as well!
Too nice .. but i like post so ...until MB PM me , i will post ...
and for comspiracy tehori part , i will say ... Why MA should fix the bug ?
So far , people keep deposit ,they keep playing , and spend volume of money ....
So why bother ?

HardWrath said:
This is a simple poll that is designed to indicate to MA how the community as a whole feels about what the priorities need to be for the “development team” at MindArk.

Do you really think , deep in your heart , its needed to say MA what they should do ?
1) MA dont listen us
2) 500 billion tons of poll and post have said it
3) all player total agree on the fix are needed first (beside som noob)..;
4) even marco posted a lot of time that MA prioriti is bug and blabla..

so far no change ...

So i say it again why bother ?

Why people just dont stop deposit and send suport all day , i can not loggin so i dont deposit.
i can not change weapon so i dont deposit.
i can not drill ma claim so i dont deposit.

I bet MA already have the next update under major developement, but i really wish that they take some time to exhaustively fix bugs.

every other MMO ive ever played fixes the bugs. u would think that MA would want us to keep playing this game but its starting to get ridiculous. MA knows the bugs r there b/c i send them a support case all the time but they just refuse to fix them.

Just wanted to step in and ask...

When you say fix all the bugs....what bugs consist of all bugs?

Reason I ask is that I dont see 80% of all the bugs that have popped up for others. Not saying they arent there, or that its any less of a reason to fix them.

For a company and players content is needed, bugs will occur in any environment where there are thousands of different configurations, hardware setups ect.

Just like if you were to open ie or firefox and get a "server not available" message, can you call the website and demand a fix when its the modem/connection thats the cause?

But realistically, the conflicts from other programs installed, operation systems, hardware conflicts shouldnt be MA's focus....They would never get more content in and if its not something that all users experience, they have to prioritize it.

Dont get me wrong bugs are bugs...annoying and not wanted by anyone...but the vast amount of possibilities beyond the application itself, isnt something that should be expected to be fixed.

Maybe a config/settings log forum node could be made so some of the players that know about setups/hardware or programmers that use ef, could look to see if theres a link outside of EU causing the issues.

I dont mean to be a naysayer here in any way, but being that I dont experience most of the mentioned bugs, shows me that its not the application itself thats causing the bugs.

I know directx 9c was needed this vu...maybee reinstalling that or eu itself could help? Could be services running as well that are causing issues...try disabling any services that arent needed by the os to run. That and see if the system matches the requirements...the login screen has a link that would show if there is something thats not up to spec. Then theres gfx cards memory ect...you get the point.

Chances are you could probably fix some of these bugs yourself...just a matter of figuring out what the cause is that sucks. I know its not something anyone wants to hear....but its a very realistic chance, and at least you dont have to wait for MA to say they have no idea why.

EU is about the same for me as any other online games ive played as far as bugs. Some are out there...always annoying, but finding the answer in a complex program like EU is far from easy.

Aside from all that banter.....yeah fix bugs should be a priority of course.

But if they cant forsee any quick answer, Id rather they dedicate some to the bugs while develpoment continues, since development can lead to corrections as well.

Though fixing that no loot bug is the most important thing they could do, stop all production, hire 1000 outside programmers and fix that one. ;)

Morg said:
yet people still deposit. So, in the end, our actions speak much louder than our words.
A man has been walking through the desert for days on end, with no food or water. He finally spots an "oasis" in the distance. So he runs full speed, dives in and drinks and drinks. What he never seems realize is that its not water he's drinking, it's really sand. Why? Because its cold? No. Because it's refreshing? No, he drinks the sand... Because he dosent know the difference! :wise:

I agree 100% - MA please fix all the current bugs Before you develop more new features that will undoubtedly put even more bugs into the allready very buggy game.
One i hope you focus on is the dreaded "window blitz" bug, the one where if someone trots up to you while your talking to someone else and tosses up a chat or trade window, BAM! 500000000000000000000000 diffrent windows pop up at you that you then have to close before you can even yell at the noob that caused it.

Shocky

forgo said:
Just wanted to step in and ask...

When you say fix all the bugs....what bugs consist of all bugs?

Reason I ask is that I dont see 80% of all the bugs that have popped up for others. Not saying they arent there, or that its any less of a reason to fix them.

For a company and players content is needed, bugs will occur in any environment where there are thousands of different configurations, hardware setups ect.

Just like if you were to open ie or firefox and get a "server not available" message, can you call the website and demand a fix when its the modem/connection thats the cause?

But realistically, the conflicts from other programs installed, operation systems, hardware conflicts shouldnt be MA's focus....They would never get more content in and if its not something that all users experience, they have to prioritize it.

Dont get me wrong bugs are bugs...annoying and not wanted by anyone...but the vast amount of possibilities beyond the application itself, isnt something that should be expected to be fixed.

Maybe a config/settings log forum node could be made so some of the players that know about setups/hardware or programmers that use ef, could look to see if theres a link outside of EU causing the issues.

I dont mean to be a naysayer here in any way, but being that I dont experience most of the mentioned bugs, shows me that its not the application itself thats causing the bugs.

I know directx 9c was needed this vu...maybee reinstalling that or eu itself could help? Could be services running as well that are causing issues...try disabling any services that arent needed by the os to run. That and see if the system matches the requirements...the login screen has a link that would show if there is something thats not up to spec. Then theres gfx cards memory ect...you get the point.

Chances are you could probably fix some of these bugs yourself...just a matter of figuring out what the cause is that sucks. I know its not something anyone wants to hear....but its a very realistic chance, and at least you dont have to wait for MA to say they have no idea why.

EU is about the same for me as any other online games ive played as far as bugs. Some are out there...always annoying, but finding the answer in a complex program like EU is far from easy.

Aside from all that banter.....yeah fix bugs should be a priority of course.

But if they cant forsee any quick answer, Id rather they dedicate some to the bugs while develpoment continues, since development can lead to corrections as well.

Though fixing that no loot bug is the most important thing they could do, stop all production, hire 1000 outside programmers and fix that one. ;)

if you are unable to make an to manage an on-line game , then dont make it.
other companies are concerned for the major bugs reported and fix those bugs. those fixed bugs never comes back. because the company fixed them, not patched.

forgo, ask "*********" ( i can give you the name in a pm if you wish) , he is a programmer IRL : he noticed a bug in EU, something that make you lose money, and filled support case to MA.
wanna know MAs " developers " lol ! team answer ?
" the things you are reporting simply dont exist. We had checked and things are NOT happends as you say " .
well the bug was real, is still in game , that player noticed it, many ppls noticed it too, but MA say : you all are liars, we cannot see any problem there.

Last edited:
Doe said:
if you are unable to make an to manage an on-line game , then dont make it.
other companies are concerned for the major bugs reported and fix those bugs. those fixed bugs never comes back. because the company fixed them, not patched.

forgo, ask "*********" ( i can give you the name in a pm if you wish) , he is a programmer IRL : he noticed a bug in EU, something that make you lose money, and filled support case to MA.
wanna know MAs " developers " lol ! team answer ?
" the things you are reporting simply dont exist. We had checked and things are NOT happends as you say " .
well the bug was real, is still in game , that player noticed it, many ppls noticed it too, but MA say : you all are liars, we cannot see any problem there.

Its not a bug , its a feature ...
Diference is feature is made on purpose :D

I think MindArk should finish the features that are ingame first of all before adding new ones. Same goes with content; fix the current features before opening up more land areas or add a hundred new useless, crafted items. Taming for instance, what good is it? It's only an expensive way to gain skills atm. :rolleyes:

Sorry...lol..I was the only one who voted "i dont care" so far....:laugh:

Well that is because I typed, prayed, begged many times before exactly for "FIX THE BUGS" option, in many posts whined and cryed about it... but what happened? NOTHING!!! Yeah, nada... same old story all the time... So that is why I really don`t care anymore.:(
I just hope France wins tonight, bc there are my peds in question there..lol..and zizou is great!

Have fun! Don`t let the bug bite you!:silly2:

It's a bit like etopia already stated, they are not to be concidered as bugs, but features, kinda like Entropia Universe FAQ page about mining states:

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5261.html
I have found a ressource, but I cannot get close enough to excavate it.
Sometimes resources are inaccessible. They might be stuck under trees, stones, turrets or in buildings. This is all part of the Entropia Universe experience.

This is all part of the Entropia Universe experience. :duh:

Makes me feel a lot better about it... :laugh:

Back