Petition to increase the number of sales slots in the auction.

Do you think it`s a good idea to have an increased number of sales slots in auction?

• Yes, it would be great to have 50-60 slots or even more.

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • No, 30 or even less is fine.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • I don`t care, I don`t sell / buy anything in the auction.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
After some searching on the forum, it seems that the problem has been raised, but without a real discussion of the needs and benefits, and without a poll to show the players opinion. So I will try to bring it up again.
Dear MA,
Could you please consider increasing the number of slots for sales in the auction from 30 (as it is now) to at least 50-60?
Reasons for this:
1. Crafting has become more interesting, more practical and more useful than 10-15 years ago, there are needs for more and more diverse looted materials, looted components and mined ores (needed in crafting) that can be covered by a hunter or a miner.
2. The participants have a more diverse game-play than 10-15 years ago, we see much less a pure miner or a pure crafter or a pure hunter, most people do 2 or even 3 of the main professions. Consequently, the need for slots to allow the sale of as much as possible has increased.
3. Crafters can make more products, more varied, more useful than 10-15 years ago. They also need more sales slots.
Please consider upgrading this sale system to modern needs, I think it would be a win-win situation.
As you can see, increasing the number of sales slots in the auction would benefit all the active players (miners, hunters and crafters) and also MA (directly, through auction fees but also indirectly, massively, because it would increase players cash-flow / liquidity and consequently players turnover).

As I said earlier, I will also include a poll.
Please keep the thread clean, it is meant to be a constructive suggestion.
Any feedback from MA would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
how dare you think like this?? if every one had 200 auction slots then there would be no MU cuz everyone would just undercut each other all day long.. this flaw in auction system is purposefully in game to keep you poor and struggling, and honestly im OK with that, so deal with it.

how dare you think like this?? if every one had 200 auction slots then there would be no MU cuz everyone would just undercut each other all day long.. this flaw in auction system is purposefully in game to keep you poor and struggling, and honestly im OK with that, so deal with it.
I don't think markups would go down. If anything markups might even go up a bit. As anybody who has maxed out their limit knows, it can be frustrating waiting for slots to open up again. Setting lower markups gets those slots opened quicker and ultimately allows you to get more stock through the auction house for a given timeframe.

20 is too low but 50-60 is wayyy too much... there are times i need an extra 5-10 slots though.

20 is too low but 50-60 is wayyy too much... there are times i need an extra 5-10 slots though.
thats a reasonable number - but why slots anyhow?

Back