Help: Petition to make VICEROY tradeable/auctionable

Nothing should be account bound, and many people refused to get viceroy on principle to hopefully prevent it from becoming a common place thing.

Now you guys who colluded to destroy the game want a cash windfall - suck my dick.

The armor is part of a design that allows multiple systems to interact, creating a market for the components that allow you to manufacture it. It is a cost you know you will pay before you get it and you are aware of the fact that all you pay as markup is lost forever. This boosts the economy for the people who play to gather those resources.
If the armor becomes tradable, that part of the economy would be ruined.
When you get the armor you know all of this.
To make it tradable it means to rob the economy of too much. It would be a gift to current owners at the expense of everyone else.

-1. Mixed thoughts on this. It was clearly stated when the Viceroy was introduced that the armour was avatar bound. Initially it could not be traded at all. Subsequently you are now able to trade it in for the TT value of the materials used. Despite this being an RCE game players accepted the non tradeability of this armour. I would have been happy if it was left there but the introduction of the Cyrene Armour (which is tradeable) makes me question the Viceroy position. If the Cyrene armour is tradeable then so should the Viceroy be. I only voted -1 as the early viceroy was skull candy edition which was only available for a limited period when the armour was first released. These sets time stamp players within the game giving an indication of how long they have been in the game. I love my skullcandy viceroy and am proud to have collected the mats and made the armour during the early period of it's release. Making the armoure tradeable would mean a younger avatar could purchase the skullcandy which kind of detracts from the armour marking a date within the game. That being said I wouldnt trade my viceroy and in fact with all the uncertainty regarding the Cyrene armour, I am thinking of upgrading the viceroy instead of going after the cyrene armour

-1, It has been like this for years and by design. You all agreed to it, I didn't agree so I didnt get mine missing out on all the sweet buffs for years. There's no glitch or error or mistake to correct.

And I am 100% against account-bound items (besides the freebies), but changing items like this is a big no for so many reasons. If it was bugged? sure, but it's not.

No, a very clear no. Sorry.

Last edited:
The armor is part of a design that allows multiple systems to interact, creating a market for the components that allow you to manufacture it. It is a cost you know you will pay before you get it and you are aware of the fact that all you pay as markup is lost forever. This boosts the economy for the people who play to gather those resources.
If the armor becomes tradable, that part of the economy would be ruined.

Making viceroy tradable will allow more people to upgrade it wich means more people to grind for component, it will obviously boost the market for these loots like mushrooms for upgraded EK
Actually most of hunter who can affoird to bound a 9k ped armor to their account already have this armor and nobody upgrade Viceroy anymore.
I'm one of those that can't put 9k in a non-tradable armor even if i've ped ready for it. Turn it tradable and me and many other player will go for it, buy compo and hunt on Ark.

Making viceroy tradable will allow more people to upgrade it wich means more people to grind for component, it will obviously boost the market for these loots like mushrooms for upgraded EK
Actually most of hunter who can affoird to bound a 9k ped armor to their account already have this armor and nobody upgrade Viceroy anymore.
I'm one of those that can't put 9k in a non-tradable armor even if i've ped ready for it. Turn it tradable and me and many other player will go for it, buy compo and hunt on Ark.

Solution is that all current sets remain avatar bound and all future sets are tradable.

But it is tradable. You can return it for its tt value. You only give up the advantage you enjoyed while owning it, because that advantage being thrown on the market was excluded in the deal. You knew this and opted for it.

This keeps coming back like a bad penny although we had the discussion exhaustively at the beginning. That another planet partner now offers a competing product under different conditions (provided there are no further obstacles and the current stalemate gets resolved) only increases your available choices. The buffs still are different, an extra percent of critical hit chance remains exclusive for those who enter a commitment to use it rather than trade it around.

-1 Will be nice to see more upgrade on Mod Viceroy / Perfected, Augmented etc...Or keep it maximum on MOD version and add like repetable stars ( like in codex ) with extra protection for each star , this should be done on all items in EU .

+1 , But only if Stolen imperium gets the same treatment.

+1 - clearly all the -1 are current nonowners of the set almost exclusively...the +1 are a combination of current owners and nonowners...the market related to the mod vice chain could get a kick in the ass if ALL CURRENT sets were made tradable and they released an aug-perfected line that was not tradable(yet ?)...selling of sets would occur and LOTS of peds would exchange, people would deposit to buy and to upgrade the set and ARKADIA would see a boon from this...hell - mutated bones have kept CP alive for years...and aug perfected plates all the more...I see the account bound sets more like an IPO share freeze for current shareholders...you dont want to freeze those shares forever your hurting free exchange of goods and thats bad for the economy...+1 +1 +1...but I would never sell my set...

Brick

+1 - clearly all the -1 are current nonowners of the set almost exclusively...the +1 are a combination of current owners and nonowners...the market related to the mod vice chain could get a kick in the ass if ALL CURRENT sets were made tradable and they released an aug-perfected line that was not tradable(yet ?)...selling of sets would occur and LOTS of peds would exchange, people would deposit to buy and to upgrade the set and ARKADIA would see a boon from this...hell - mutated bones have kept CP alive for years...and aug perfected plates all the more...I see the account bound sets more like an IPO share freeze for current shareholders...you dont want to freeze those shares forever your hurting free exchange of goods and thats bad for the economy...+1 +1 +1...but I would never sell my set...

Brick
You fail to see that if this item becomes tradable it will also ruin the market for other armors. Any avatar owning any armor with similar stats would probably not appreciate such a change.
The only acceptable trade for this armor is with the trade terminal.

You fail to see that if this item becomes tradable it will also ruin the market for other armors. Any avatar owning any armor with similar stats would probably not appreciate such a change.
The only acceptable trade for this armor is with the trade terminal.
Nope. No failure here. The more -1 I see the stronger my conviction on mod vice as a good investment. The preposterous nature of the idea of selling that armor to the TT shows how ludicrously butthurt nonowners are about the topic ?. It WILL get released from soul bound eventually. MA always does the right thing.

Back