Petition to rename My | Mindark (possibly against her will)

*visible confusion*

• Total voters
Mymy ? (or Mimi , more common) :)

Last edited:
Oh no... It begins :ROFLMAO:
Just sit back and enjoy the show.

Personally, I think it's just showing proper respect to learn how to pronounce someone's name right when you speak with them. My native tongue is Dutch and I'm sure a lot of people would be slightly offended if I just used the Dutch pronunciation of their names. If o2 can't be bothered to take the few seconds to type your name in full or make it otherwise clear he means you, it's his problem.

It's fun to follow though :D

Reactions: San
omg... "We are Bob"

There's not only the Black Adder 'Bob', but also a Kick up the Eighties car assembly line sketch: Hey Bob? - Yes Bob? - You seen Bob's torque wrench? - No Bob, I think Bob's got it.
There is a punchline at the end, of course :)

iMy, eMy, oMy :p

Reminds me of when Jif had to rebrand to Cif. Jif was apparently not so easy to say out with the UK

Fred. I vote for Fred. Fred is easy to say and no one would forget it. Or maybe Egbert.

My God, it's full of stars!

As Blackadder is popular in this thread, what is a broken pencil? Correct.

Bob - I voted Bob - alternatively we could have Dave

For fun you can call me Bob, but all jokes aside I think it's good that we keep my name as it is. I believe everyone will eventually get used to it and although it creates confusion at first, I have only been in this position for 9 months or so. If you are speaking of me it's easy to just explain; "My from Mindark, our community r. manager. Her name is spelled M Y but it's pronounced as Mii/Me, it's a Swedish name."

Why keep it if it's confusing? Well, I don't want to promote an old outdated culture where it's okay to not pronounce a name properly just because it's a foreign name, and if I allow you to do that with mine then that means that I automatically allow you to do that with users that don't have the typical names you know how to pronounce. So all in all; I know you can do it :) with a little practice you will know how to say it and soon enough the majority of our userbase will know my name as well and how to pronounce it. :D

The beginning is the end and the end is the beginning.... After much debate about changing My's name it has been decided My's name shall be My.

... snip ...

Fair enough My/Me/Mii/Annie/Bob ;)

The beginning is the end and the end is the beginning.... After much debate about changing My's name it has been decided My's name shall be My.

Xavier your name was never in question, it was my's. No, not mine hers... god dammit not again...

PS for everyone: I can neither confirm nor deny that I was holding a beverage when I created this thread
:beerchug:

It's been long since i last saw a funny thread here that ended nicely !
Gratz to all !

How about MyBad, StrongBad's sister!!

I've edited the first post because some people have no sense of humor... merry xmas to all.

?

For fun you can call me Bob, but all jokes aside I think it's good that we keep my name as it is. I believe everyone will eventually get used to it and although it creates confusion at first, I have only been in this position for 9 months or so. If you are speaking of me it's easy to just explain; "My from Mindark, our community r. manager. Her name is spelled M Y but it's pronounced as Mii/Me, it's a Swedish name."

Why keep it if it's confusing? Well, I don't want to promote an old outdated culture where it's okay to not pronounce a name properly just because it's a foreign name, and if I allow you to do that with mine then that means that I automatically allow you to do that with users that don't have the typical names you know how to pronounce. So all in all; I know you can do it :) with a little practice you will know how to say it and soon enough the majority of our userbase will know my name as well and how to pronounce it. :D

Im still gonna call you BoB ;)

Back