Petition to the Iron Mission Change Effective August 21st, 2012

danimal01

Elite
Society
AoE - Agents of Entropy
Daniel Danimal Diep
In light of some recent news I feel that it is my duty to speak up about this new change.

Firstly, thank you for giving us advance notice of this change. Personal relations with the player base is improving. However, this does not change the fact that you plan on a reboot of the attribute skill award system via Iron missions. I will be honest in saying I postponed a lot of the missions that had attributes as awards because I wanted to skill up naturally to 80 in most of them before even claiming them. Now I am forced to claim as many and complete all the Iron missions that I can before this deadline. I am not really happy about this change but if it must be changed I ask this of the developers of Calypso and MindArk:

Can we please have the end result for all Iron Mission Style chains of 10k kills to award +1 addtiional Stamnia? As it stands there is no way for any avatar to skill this attribute let alone if they started past the skill nerf they started with 1 vice the 9 that old PE players were able to start out with. The main reason I do any Iron Missions is for the attributes but most importanly the +1 Stanima attribute that was awarded at the end of the mission chain. This is by far the most important attribute to date, with a 1HP increase for about every 9~ gains in Stanima.

This is my petition to you (Developers/MindArk) to keep the ONLY 1 attribute that we can not easily obtain without doing these missions. Below are the individuals that have signed up to this petition:

~Danimal

List of participants whom wish to keep +1 Stamina on all 10k missions

Daniel Danimal Diep
Patrizia Pandemic Giano
Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
Paulo Manique Santos
Jin Artrat Mugen
Sledge Hammer
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
Janie Asbest O'Neal
Siobhan Siam Ameno
Xendar Xen Xal
Drake Slade Corbett
Talania Tal Indigo
Audrey Cheery Cheerful
BB BB Punisher
Quaeroveritas 'Quar' Noble
Paul Blue Eyes Melua
Evil Aeon Flux
Axel Foley Head
Christer toad Johansson
Mini MiniM Mine
aia
Armin Tarjan Arrakis
Dragon Dark Moon
Idalécio Manuel Pires
Sebastian Kamstiesboy Kamsties
vaseka
jenny ferr
Paulo Manique Santos
Duncan Redone McCloud

Last edited:
Petitions never seem to help, but I guess it can't hurt...

Signed.

Well.. maybe with enough signers it will help :)

~Danimal
Just a waste of time, they won't listen. And the sky is falling thingy, just relax. From over 5 years playing EU. I have learned lots of things. The most important thing was: Adapt to survive.
And also trying to do a petition is like trying to talk to a wall. They have never listened to one in the past why should they do now? :)

Keeping the Stamina reward would be very nice I agree.

To be fair they've not said they're planning on taking it away ;)

Keeping the Stamina reward would be very nice I agree.

To be fair they've not said they're planning on taking it away ;)

What they said implies that the "Tougher Mobs" will keep them while the lesser ones will loose them since they "think it shouldn't be easily obtainable on lower end mobs"..

To Sub Zero~ I will not adapt as you say.. why should I have to be forced onto this change without a voice in it? Would you adapt to loosing your arms or legs because you had to pay off a loan for a house and the only way was to get rid of your limbs for some money? I think not... example is a little extream but I just hope you get the point..

~Danimal

signed!!

I agree with what you say... i did the same, lots of attribute missions are still open for me too because i wanted to wait. I've been working on big missions tho since they got released.. hope they don't change it too much :(

signed!!

I agree with what you say... i did the same, lots of attribute missions are still open for me too because i wanted to wait. I've been working on big missions tho since they got released.. hope they don't change it too much :(

Thank you sir! :)

~Danimal

Charlie already said they're gonna keep stamina for 10k iron rewards yesterday...

Charlie already said they're gonna keep stamina for 10k iron rewards yesterday...

You read that incorrectly :)

He said with the new change stanima will still rewarded but he did not answer my question which was, "Would we still see +1 Stamina for 10k mission kills?"

Edit: This petition is to show the Developers/MindArk how strongly we feel about the +1 Stamina if anything (when they remove most if not all other attribute rewards)

~Danimal

I like the initiative, but I would only sing a petition to keep the system as it is now... and dont change anything..... They can rebalance new missions all the want, but keep the old as it is....

As I see it, Im beeing punished for already completing these missions.

I believe most or all of these stamina points will stay, and it could possibly be a choice for each player to pick stamina + small amount of skill or a larger amount of skill and no stamina on some missions. However missions created from now on may be without attributes. Preferably I would want to keep as many of the current missions as close to what they are now as possible.

There you go.

add me
either take novas off and give small reward or just dont change anything

I like the initiative, but I would only sing a petition to keep the system as it is now... and dont change anything..... They can rebalance new missions all the want, but keep the old as it is....

As I see it, Im beeing punished for already completing these missions.

Thanks kimmie! I agree with you but they are going to change it and while this happens why not keep it somewhat unchanged by keeping the 10k kills = +1 Stanima & Skills? We know they are going to change it anyways, why not voice that we want these kept?..

There you go.

Huskie, I have read his post that you have quoted. It still did not answer my question :) That answer implies that some of the missions would loose the Stanima rewards i.e. Cornundacuda, Merp, Foul, Shinkiba to name a few, are probably going to loose the +1 Stanima gain from the 10k end. Look at the Traskeron and the Puny mission...

~Danimal

Thanks kimmie! I agree with you but they are going to change it and while this happens why not keep it somewhat unchanged by keeping the 10k kills = +1 Stanima & Skills? We know they are going to change it anyways, why not voice that we want these kept?..

I would rather keep intel/agi/str/psy... over stamina any day... so to me, this petition for only stamina is no help....

I would rather keep intel/agi/str/psy... over stamina any day... so to me, this petition for only stamina is no help....

As would most others... but those attributes can be skilled through normal gameplay up till around 90~ is when it slows down a lot..

Stamina, on the other hand can not be obtained... thus this petition. :/

~Danimal

I'd rather have the 8 extra free stamina people who started before me got :p

I agreee with Kimmi
Stamina is NOT the most important attribute, as the petition suggests

I think maybe we all need to discuss a bit further what exactly we want to petition for before jumping in with the petition

No use asking to keep things the same, that's just not gonna happen. But I have come up with another suggestion here that might be worth petitioning for. what do you think?

jay :)

I agreee with Kimmi
Stamina is NOT the most important attribute, as the petition suggests

I think maybe we all need to discuss a bit further what exactly we want to petition for before jumping in with the petition

No use asking to keep things the same, that's just not gonna happen. But I have come up with another suggestion here that might be worth petitioning for. what do you think?

jay :)

I am trying to do a petition for Stamina which can not be gained and gives the most HP rewards out of the other attributes. If you feel it is not important then please refrain from trolling this topic any further :)

~Danimal

Signed.

Personally I am gambling on the fact that they will keep them. If I go after the stamina rewards, I'll be able to get at most maybe 3-5 by August. So I'm rather going after the other attributes to try and collect as many as I can before the end. Hopefully it pays off :).

The Traeskeron mission to me looks like a clear indication as to what size mobs will keep stamina rewards, and which will lose it. Yes, it might not end up being quite that black and white. I really want missions to stay as they are, as I don't think Calypso missions as these stand are unbalancing.

I'd rather have the 8 extra free stamina people who started before me got :p

I'd sign on that! But preferbly by making stamina skillable with an activity (maybe hunting dmg)

I am trying to do a petition for Stamina which can not be gained and gives the most HP rewards out of the other attributes. If you feel it is not important then please refrain from trolling this topic any further :)

~Danimal
I see you've been reading "how to win friends and influence people"

I came to this thread because I was seriously considering signing, but then decided on-balance that it's better to ask for more than just that. I'm clearly not alone. If you don;t want to start a new petition that will hopefully get more signatures in the light of feedback on this thread...well, so be it. But we had no way to know that you wouldn't consider that option without first making that suggestion, did we?

However, since you consider such suggestions "trolling", I'll refrain. This is my last post on this thread.

PS I don't want to start a "competing" petition This is surely an effort to influence MA, not a battle of egos. It's a big pity that discussion is closed in your opinion.

Last edited:
In the end, if Mindark wants people to continue investing in the game, they need to stand behind the game that they've made, not continually restructure it because they think something is more or less favorable to them after having released it (obvious bugs and exploits aside). This is no different than land owners going to bed on 9.4 with flat huntable lands and waking up in 10.0 to many LA's being made useless because of the "pretty" hills MA wanted. This to me is two underhanded attempts by MA. One: to "adjust" our mission rewards so that it benefits them more. Two: to force many of us who have already invested PED in the mission rewards system to accelerate our hunting, and therefore payments to them in order to complete our missions before they get ruined.

Signed
Sledge Hammer

signed.. Storm Spawn Bootcamp

Thank you :)

~Danimal

They've made extra spawns for players to finish missions quickly, but neglected to give the players the information they need to make decisions to finish, abandon, or put their missions on hold.

I think in light of the fact that many people have invested a lot of effort in these missions with the expection of particular rewards, AR Universe should publish a list of the mission reward changes (at least to the upper mission levels, and those involving attributes). Is there some reason they can't do this and eliminate all the speculation and angst?

They've made extra spawns for players to finish missions quickly, but neglected to give the players the information they need to make decisions to finish, abandon, or put their missions on hold.

I think in light of the fact that many people have invested a lot of effort in these missions with the expection of particular rewards, AR Universe should publish a list of the mission reward changes (at least to the upper mission levels, and those involving attributes). Is there some reason they can't do this and eliminate all the speculation and angst?

I'm signing under this!

Back