Pets so many awesome moves possible...

Would u like too see something like this?

• Total voters

GandalfSzary

Prowler
Society
www.EntropiaForum.pl
Gandalf GandalfSzary Szary
I would love to see taming to expand at last. I would bring forward one of my idea to make this profession once of coolest. What would u say about this:

Lets allow pets to fight each other (kinda like rings for players). Each pet would have its stats: Attack, defense, health, skills, injury, experience etc (I could come up with a lot more stats there).

Now player decides who they want to fight with and other one would have to agree (both see pets stats) . Lets allow to make bets (Avatars would decide what they want to fight for - for instance 5 peds - small fee for MA for entering ring).

Now the best part fighting. Lets make some kind of probability function which would bring excitement and allow weakest ones win with best onces. For instance:

Pet 1: Attack (1 point), defence (1), health (1), skills(1), experience(1)
Pet 2: Attack (10 point), defence (10), health (10), skills(10), experience(10)

Pet 1: total points of 5
Pet 2: total points of 50

For simplicity lets say Pet 1 got 5/50 = 10% chance of winning

Function can be a hell of more complex. And some some simulator would be great. I could see a round fighting with stats decreasing accordingly etc...

Now lets allow at certain conditions Pets kill each other (taming would never stop)

Time for healing injury, experience only gained when fighting ...

Of course thats just basic ideas but I would love to see some king of this idea implemented. I could go on and on with my thoughts about this matter. Any ideas thoughts welcome (most welcome Marco's :)) LOL I know I'm to optimistic :yay:

Great idea, perhaps the taming update on the way would include that. The gambling aspect may not be allowed, but of course side bets can easily be done on player to player basis:)

ROFL first I had to think on Pokémon. :D

+Rep, fine idea. ;)
I would love seeing such a thing finaly.
And maybe there should be sorta armor for pets too later on, if this idea is not too crazy. ^^

Yes, we need to have more reasons to have pets.

pokemon fights wooot !! :yay:

I still want a kind of colloseum like PvP area that people can sit and watch/bet for avatars... one that looks like a amfitheatre

I still want a kind of colloseum like PvP area that people can sit and watch/bet for avatars... one that looks like a amfitheatre

Isn't they allready there? I think at Nea's stable there is some kind of circus looking thing. And maybe we could get use of the domes at PA, Mino, Wolwerine, that would be neat!

I would like to see the functionality of using your pets in combat in general. Either in pvp with their master or just in regular combat.

My pet is a lover, not a fighter. :makelove:

Lets allow pets to fight each other (kinda like rings for players). Each pet would have its stats: Attack, defense, health, skills, injury, experience etc (I could come up with a lot more stats there).

You want to introduce cockfighting to EU?

This is the best idea i have heard for a long time +Rep :) At the minute pets are utterly useless i dont even see the point of owning one to be honest but if you could spend time training your pet and then fighting other pets sort of like a game in the game that would be awesome, id get a pet then for sure :D :yay:

Elroy

Whilst I realize that these are only pixels, this is very similar to dog fighting or cock fighting, which are illegal in alot of countries. I'm not sure if MA really wants to get themselves into such a mess. Having pets fight other mobs is one thing, but pet vs. pet as directed by an avatar ventures into a shady area.

some people may oppose you, as it could be considered as animal cruelty...but i don't care, it's a great idea! :yay:

Whilst I realize that these are only pixels, this is very similar to dog fighting or cock fighting, which are illegal in alot of countries. I'm not sure if MA really wants to get themselves into such a mess. Having pets fight other mobs is one thing, but pet vs. pet as directed by an avatar ventures into a shady area.

Well, we can kill other players can't we in PVP areas? And killing is considered to be illegal in the majority of the countries in the world, I would imagine...

Oh cmon! Just think on Pokémon or Yu-Gi-Oh! :D
Who cares about real laws in a game like EU?

yes, this idea i have gone through already with alot of tammers and i think that it also should be extended action ways. Armour for the pets is the best idea i can think of so you can ride them into battle against another apponent, this way it also gives crafters the chance to click some more and create nice armours. also come on MA it costs me so much to keep my snable stalker, and all it does is stand on 1 foot and farts, like come on!

Oh cmon! Just think on Pokémon or Yu-Gi-Oh! :D
Who cares about real laws in a game like EU?

you forget MA wants IRL laws to apply... :rolleyes::eyecrazy:

you forget MA wants IRL laws to apply... :rolleyes::eyecrazy:

WTF? o_O
This means when you kill someone else your ava gets arrested for some time. ^^
Finding a worthy resource on a public place means giving it to your government. Killing animals would be forbidden too. ^^
I don't think they really overtake many laws. ;) Theres not too much left to forbid unless raping and stealing. ^^ And still everything you do THEY made possible in first place. ;)

also come on MA it costs me so much to keep my snable stalker, and all it does is stand on 1 foot and farts, like come on!

Try teaching your cat to do that.

Trust me, that's an amazing trick.

Who cares about them fighting I wand saddle bags for mine so they can carry all my extra stuff when I am out mining and hunting :)

WTF? o_O
This means when you kill someone else your ava gets arrested for some time. ^^
Finding a worthy resource on a public place means giving it to your government. Killing animals would be forbidden too. ^^
I don't think they really overtake many laws. ;) Theres not too much left to forbid unless raping and stealing. ^^ And still everything you do THEY made possible in first place. ;)

The thing is, there is avatar killing in alot of games. Its been around a long time. Pet fighting is new territory. Yeah, sure there's Pokemon, but thats very cartoonish and doesn't present itself as a virtual world. I can just see the headlines now..."Mindark, creator of the virtual world Entropia Universe just implemented new updates that allow you to train certain animals, feed them, and then pit them against each other in a fighting ring for in-game currency. Animal cruelty advocates are already planning a press conference condemning the game."

Alot of what MA does is groundbreaking, but very little of it is lawbreaking. There are a great number of things that pets can be used for besides ring fighting. Just the ability to ride them would explode the taming profession.

I really don't think that fighting with alien creatures that we kill anyway can be compared to dog fighting or cock fighting, and im pretty confident that similar must have been done before in other games, just my opinion.

Cheers Elroy

Your probably right....I just don't think its a good idea, but I seem to be outnumbered and I don't wish to be a spoilsport, so good luck with the wish.

Yeah this is kinda like the emotion from PKing in PvP area only x10 cause its "pets" What they need to do is change the name to stuff like "War Snables" and then that will be better :silly2:
If im in Pvp and my "War Snable" is busy just smelling someone elses "War Snables" butt, Ill put a bullet in its head myself!

BTW I really do love animals and would only kill one to eat it. So as long as im fedd im safe around animals.

MrWizard I don't think your arguments apply for Entropia. I mean after all it is just a game and a virtual world. And this is what make it so damn awesome. Everything can happen inside a world.

Well anyway that was just one idea. I just hope MA will expand taming system cause now they are just useless.

well nice,!!sounds nice!:D

Back