Places In China

Luu

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Mighty Luu Buu
Hi, i was thinking about going to China for a holiday as its something i really want to do and wandering if anyone here has been the China and what thier experience was and what places are that are good to visit, and what time of year would be best.
Thx for the help.

Hello

I was there with my wife 3 years ago. We stayed in Peking for two weeks. Im not sure if have Peking changed a lot since... Olympic games comming and all.
We liked a lot of our trip, and two weeks wasent too long, since we took day trips almost every day on first week. Visited Great Wall of China, Peking Zoo to see Pandas ect.

City want too expensive and food was great. Ooo and if you go, go to eat at least one time to totally local small restaurant ;) Cheap and good food.

-Zap

Asurada's Guide to China!!!

If you like to go shopping latest electronics stuff(can't find the right word) then you must go to Hong Kong during December. Massive discount I really mean massive. I was there in December last year and bought tons from A|X and didn't cost me jack.

If you are after a nice quite holiday you got to go the Peking(Beijin). Walk the Great Wall of China, Forbidden City. If you got at winter then you must go to Harbin. Every year there a ice carving or wateva you call it expidition.

One thing to remember: WATCH OUT for pickpockets there are alot of them these day.

Thanks for the replys, what time of year would you suggest be the best time to go?

Depends on the type of holiday your after.

Hong Kong-End of financial year or Decemeber for all the discount.

Other places- Spring would be nice. Avoid typhoon season if the place is inside the typhoon affected area

You should goto Xi'an and see the terracotta army :)

Back