Planet Calypso Content Release 2013.3

5 different creatures tried... all bugged....

maybe they will actually fix the hitbox bug on their fourth try, but im not hopeful....

turp is similar to gibnib. if you hit it you will most likely kill it, and if it doesn't die it runs away :D
there used to be bugged turps some years ago. I hunted them a lot to try and get their leather but I never got any

:D i still have some leather in storage since VU9

So what you're saying is, you stole Deathifier's egg, and used the theft of that egg to promote a big grind-fest for which he gained no benefit, and gave him feffox DNA after it was over. THEN, when Deathifier discovered the one land area in which he wanted to place the DNA was bugged, instead of fixing it like you should, you just said to hell with him, and produced a non-taxed spawn? Correct me if I've missed anything.

doesnt it just make you want to invest big in virtual worlds :D

Best view I've found so far in new area (I haven't been exploring for long though):

:D i still have some leather in storage since VU9

I've got Turp texture pants that I bought cheaply while turp were not ingame... They look a lot like exposed muscle :silly2:

For a game that did not have a single mission when I started to play, being that one of the reasons why I started to play. (freedom!)

You guys now have tons of missions!

Ok I understand that some missions are a cool way to present you a history or a area in the game. Like the one to enter cyclops instance and few others.

But!!! Do we realy need a iron challenge to every creature at a planet? And now a mission to every enmatter/ore?

You guys are changing the game so much that at some point it have nothing to do with the game that I joined 5 years ago.

Only one thing that remains! How slowly you fix the bugs that you have created in previously VU's. Please fix the back of the cognac coats ok?

Turps can be found in fenced areas in the maffoid camp as if they are chickens that maffoids keep. AND they will attack you now when you shoot them ^^

For a game that did not have a single mission when I started to play, being that one of the reasons why I started to play. (freedom!)

Ok I understand that some missions are a cool way to present you a history or a area in the game. Like the one to enter cyclops instance and few others.

But!!! Do we realy need a iron challenge to every creature at a planet? And now a mission to every enmatter/ore?

You guys are changing the game so much that at some point it have nothing to do with the game that I joined 5 years ago.

Only one thing that remains! How slowly you fix the bugs that you have created in previously VU's. Please fix the back of the cognac coats ok?

There is no rule stating you have to do any missions, it still as optional as if they don't exist, well except to enter certain area missions. Don't like them simply don't do them. If you want to get into those area's well do the missions or don't enter them. It is all still choices you can make.

• Removed the former Mission Token trader NPCs from Fort Victoria, Ringhorne and Chug’s Hideout.
Was there not a mission to actually talk to the NPC in Chug's Hideout? I remember having to look for him for a mission. Did they remove that part of the mission chain also then?

Heaven forbid it would evolve. :rolleyes:

I remember having to ask support to move my avatar because I got stuck between a steep hill and a boulder. What is this T-thing? For noobs! I say remove it from the game. It's not like it was ten years ago. :wise:

Turps can be found in fenced areas in the maffoid camp as if they are chickens that maffoids keep. AND they will attack you now when you shoot them ^^

Noooooooooooooooo! The Turps have been buffed. :((((

• Removed the former Mission Token trader NPCs from Fort Victoria, Ringhorne and Chug’s Hideout.
Was there not a mission to actually talk to the NPC in Chug's Hideout? I remember having to look for him for a mission. Did they remove that part of the mission chain also then?

When you speak to him it opens a mission. When you end the conversation the mission is canceled. I only remember that because i hadn't actually spoken to him until just the other day when i noticed him and clicked on him.

Eta: Skill Hub Icon still showing on screen as well. Please let us be able to hide it along with all our other icons.

Seconded. Have no use for it and like to have my screen uncluttered.

p.s. Is it me, or the big moon became smaller?

someone told me about all the new mission weapons you can buy, seems there is at least a weapon for any level so got to ask: Who will buy my loot/resources, when all you need to do it missions or buy mission tokens...

And then again, why use these items when the loot/resources you get goes straight to tt?

so..i see those nice amps exchangable to combattokens..so me an dmy wife gather these combattokens,only to find out that the current suply of the amp i wanted is 0...what bs is that ? :(

well well MISSIONS!

the turp returns :D <33333333333333

• New participants can now begin their life on Calypso in the Half Moon Bay outpost.

Would be good if the trade terminal there had rookie items to sell!

You do not cease to amaze me! :laugh:

Edit: Rookie weapons show now on the default Weapons tab!

Last edited:
No Halloween gifts? :(

• New participants can now begin their life on Calypso in the Half Moon Bay outpost.

Would be good if the trade terminal there had rookie items to sell!

You do not cease to amaze me! :laugh:

All three trade terminals there do sell rookie items... Sollomate Kiwio Mk.II (L), Rookie Weapon Cells and the Genesis Rookie Finder (L).

All three trade terminals there do sell rookie items... Sollomate Kiwio Mk.II (L), Rookie Weapon Cells and the Genesis Rookie Finder (L).

True! I see they have now all weapons mixed. Before they used to put a rookie tab for them.

I take back my words from last thread.

someone told me about all the new mission weapons you can buy, seems there is at least a weapon for any level so got to ask: Who will buy my loot/resources, when all you need to do it missions or buy mission tokens...

And then again, why use these items when the loot/resources you get goes straight to tt?

I understand your plight but from my experience at picking up these daily missions those combat tokens are sometimes and most of the time not the easiest to get. all my first daily missions will actually cost me quit a bit of PED to complete them. And the cost in combat tokens in the brokers I seen are kind of a lot and with 1-6 tokens being given for each daily it may not impact crafted and looted items as much as one would think.

example: Feffoid cave use to give out 5 daily tokens then was reduced to 2 tokens and now it is down to 1 token. I have not completed any of the new daily missions so I have no clue what I will get from them but I do not expect much for the difficulty involved in achieving them.

Last edited:
I understand your plight but from my experience at picking up these daily missions those combat tokens are sometimes and most of the time not the easiest to get. all my first daily missions will actually cost me quit a bit of PED to complete them. And the cost in combat tokens in the brokers I seen are kind of a lot and with 1-6 tokens being given for each daily it may not impact crafted and looted items as much as one would think.

example: Feffoid cave use to give out 5 daily tokens then was reduced to 2 tokens and now it is down to 1 token. I have not completed any of the new daily missions so I have no clue what I will get from them but I do not expect much for the difficulty involved in achieving them.

The daily tokens are new and not related to the Feffoid cave or any of the old missions. They are gained by doing normal activities that everyone does already. This means that they are an additional reward on top of what we already have, and on top of the items in loot.

So no matter how difficult they are to get (and they're not difficult to get), all of the rewards claimed from these daily tokens can only add to the number of items on the market.

When Kim asked what rewards we'd like to see being given out from these new tokens, everyone said they shouldn't do this, but they did it anyway.

Its all in preparation for....

turp is a good mob? sorry don't know much bout that one. I just remember getting millions of turp L texture bps and no turps

Mutated Male Boorum Turp...
th

Regards...Caly Dev Team,

Brick

My install had serious issues updating. After it finished downloading the new content the client loader closed and i couldn't start it from the icon. I tried starting it directly from the client loader file and it said the executable format wasn't compatible with windows. :eyecrazy:

I had to download the installer from the Web and reinstall. It was quick because i already had the dynamic content, but this is not a good thing to have happening in a game out of beta. :p

So what you're saying is, you stole Deathifier's egg, and used the theft of that egg to promote a big grind-fest for which he gained no benefit, and gave him feffox DNA after it was over. THEN, when Deathifier discovered the one land area in which he wanted to place the DNA was bugged, instead of fixing it like you should, you just said to hell with him, and produced a non-taxed spawn? Correct me if I've missed anything.

If this is true... its PURE GOLD :laugh: And a really nice trigger for many of the people to quit this BS game its becoming...

and no one is even shocked or surprised.

cornundos puny mobs doesn't count for the regular puny iron challenge!

Two questions:
Daily Missions - Five new daily mission groups, three for hunting and one each for crafting and mining. You can pick up a random mission from each group once every 16 hours from Daily Mission Terminals found in Cape Corinth, Port Atlantis and Twin Peaks.
Do this missions expire after 16 hours, no matter if succeed or not?

New Mining Challenges - Mineral Resources: Lysterium, Belkar, Blausariam, Iron, Zinc, Narcanisum, Frigulite, Cumbriz ,Copper, Caldorite, Pyrite. Visit a Mining Guild representative in Port Atlantis, Cape Corinth or Twin Peaks to register for these rewarding new missions.
I collected 5 missions from Cape Corinth (Belkar, Blausariam, Lysterium, Pyrite and Iron), but cannot collect more from Twin Peaks and Port Atlantis? Is is bugged?

Do this missions expire after 16 hours, no matter if succeed or not?

No, they do not expire. Your daily mission can be active for as long as you want.

Here is an example to clarify stuff:

You pick up The Daily Hunter Category 1 mission, the 16 hours cooldown timers starts immediately meaning that you will be able to pick up a new The Daily Hunter Category 1 mission after 16 hours.
You cannot stack up The Daily Hunter Category 1 missions.
If you do have The Daily Hunter Category 1 mission active after 16 hours you will not be able to pick up a new one.
BUT if you then choose to abandon your The Daily Hunter Category 1 mission after the 16 hours cooldown has passed, you will be able to pick up a new The Daily Hunter Category 1 mission.

I collected 5 missions from Cape Corinth (Belkar, Blausariam, Lysterium, Pyrite and Iron), but cannot collect more from Twin Peaks and Port Atlantis? Is is bugged?

No, it is not bugged

Back