Planet calypso content release 2014.2

PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2014.2
2014-06-24

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue that made the particle effects attached to land area markers and teleporters extremely performance heavy, this should improve performance significantly when viewing these objects.
Originally Posted Here

OMG best update ever!!!
Now lets hope it proves to be true and that other particle objects are put on the list to be fixed as well!

Bery puny are now L3 Berycled Juvenile, 20hp
L1 Trupidion Puny and L1 Caudatergus Puny are still 10hp

UPD: there are also L2 Bery Puny with 10hp

Tripudion Juvenile is L4 and has 30 hp.

i cant find where combibo are now? Want to finish a stage. The were west of Nus Lull for as long as I have been playing :scratch2:

Can someone please tell me where the highest maturity of Longtooths are?
MA: Can you please be more specific about your spawn locations/maturity next time?

Sick and tired of spending hours trying to find different spots!!:mad:

i cant find where combibo are now? Want to finish a stage. The were west of Nus Lull for as long as I have been playing :scratch2:

LA east of shinook jungle (OA to stalker)
island south of nymphtown (young to provi / some guardian / broodmother spawns)

I don't know what this is about, I'm really not at all involved in stuff thats "code related".

The bug in the Gateway's Crystalline Cave still not fixed. The NPC doesn't talk until relog, so most people just leave the cave and end up without the weapon and means to continue the mission chain. Without the gun and the car, guess how many of them make it to Calypso? Some ask for help on #rookie but most just wander there aimlessly and finally log out.

Kim, this might not be your area of responsibility but you really need to kick someone near you, because (knowing how many I and others do save) I can only imagine how many newcomers you lose daily because of this.

I find it curious Calypso hasn't put in any missions for the TI mobs still.

The bug in the Gateway's Crystalline Cave still not fixed. The NPC doesn't talk until relog, so most people just leave the cave and end up without the weapon and means to continue the mission chain. Without the gun and the car, guess how many of them make it to Calypso? Some ask for help on #rookie but most just wander there aimlessly and finally log out.

Kim, this might not be your area of responsibility but you really need to kick someone near you, because (knowing how many I and others do save) I can only imagine how many newcomers you lose daily because of this.

A new friend and disciple made her start just before today's VU.
She claim that she did all the missions on Gateway (including the cave) flawless.
From the first time I saw you asking for that, I made a small investigation on the subject, nobody had problems you claim.
Probably those who asking for help in rookie channel having very low end computers that ending in such problems (lag and not responding NPC's).

From the first time I saw you asking for that, I made a small investigation on the subject, nobody had problems you claim.

You might probably need to spent 20 mins in #rookie and note how many people ask for help.

I don't claim that everyone has the problem. After all, if I don't have any lag in game, I don't say that those who report it are lying.

The "<" character in global messages -bug still exists.
When ever a team name that has the character "<" in it (eg. "dude <3 gal") or if it's in the LA name (like <<Atroax Zone>>", it just kills the chat and needs a relog.
This is irritating.
I'm reloggin every 15 minutes now 'cause someone is globaling constantly on <<Atroax Zone>> (and i like to have globals enabled).

She claim that she did all the missions on Gateway (including the cave) flawless.
Probably those who asking for help in rookie channel having very low end computers that ending in such problems (lag and not responding NPC's).

Having given 3 new players a ride to get back into the Crystalline cavern from the Gateway within an hour a few nights ago, I can confirm that quite a few do have the problem and need to relog to interact with Harkov in the cavern.

I don't know what this is about, I'm really not at all involved in stuff thats "code related". Is there a more precise context for that question so I can forward it?

Come on, don't tell you don't know the friend requests are bugged. If you send a friend request to offline person , there is like 99% chance it will fall to oblivion. So the person then won't find the request anywhere and you cannot anymore add him as friend (as you just get message about, "friend request already sent")

What Pw3cka said Kim!

First thread on forum was created 2 months ago, the bug is present since the new chat arrived (more than 3 months now!?).

More info here: Find Friend requests ; Sending and receiving friend requests .

Would be nice if on a online universe I could add friends to my Friend List! Thank you!

Last edited:
I find it curious Calypso hasn't put in any missions for the TI mobs still.

Fouls and Cornu have missions :rolleyes:

The other mobs on TI will get their missions for sure when TI changes ownership.... can't think of any other reason why TI specific mobs never got their missions assigned. The contrast with Silver Atrox becomes too painful to watch. The person who posted the release notes for today's VU mumbled "Deathifier, BOHICA" and then pressed enter.:banghead:

The "<" character in global messages -bug still exists.
When ever a team name that has the character "<" in it (eg. "dude <3 gal") or if it's in the LA name (like <<Atroax Zone>>", it just kills the chat and needs a relog.
This is irritating.
I'm reloggin every 15 minutes now 'cause someone is globaling constantly on <<Atroax Zone>> (and i like to have globals enabled).

Workaround: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?262947-Chat-freeze-and-how-to-work-around-it

Neat, hadn't noticed that thread, but not working here, i already tried everything everytime it happened, one time just tried to "wait it out" while hunting, and after 1 hour of being stuck, still didn't work.
Surely the chat window got filled up during that time.

It's weird that people on very different platforms are, and are not affected by this (some of win8 users are, and some aren't, some of win7 users are, and some aren't, etc...).
And a friend just mentioned it only just started happening to him after this update, never before. For me it has been happening since the new chat system was introduced.

Hello to all.
Don't know yet, is this the error off the game, or off the my computer, but today the game all the time is going out. I am log in, playing for some minutes, and it's kicking me out. When I trying to log in again, it tells that my account is still online asks to wait for some minutes.
If someone knows what is the problem, please tell what to do.
Valentin.

Hello to all.
Don't know yet, is this the error off the game, or off the my computer, but today the game all the time is going out. I am log in, playing for some minutes, and it's kicking me out. When I trying to log in again, it tells that my account is still online asks to wait for some minutes.
If someone knows what is the problem, please tell what to do.
Valentin.

just wait some days and it work better. this happens all the time when they make new updates, since ages.

nice to have a trox silver mission now! Back to trox hunt:)

Yay, another VU full of :bs: nobody asked for and deliberate changes to make players′ game experience more miserable.

Well...I sure don't know what they did to the newbie area and the puny mobs, but it ain't good.

As far as those punies are concerned, not only are they hitting harder and much more often, but they're also only giving out ammo, fragments, calypso bones and erm...no looters? :lolup:

Well...I sure don't know what they did to the newbie area and the puny mobs, but it ain't good.

As far as those punies are concerned, not only are they hitting harder and much more often, but they're also only giving out ammo, fragments, calypso bones and erm...no looters? :lolup:

Newbies got new starterpacks with improved equipment thus ofc in their mind they gotta nerf the mobs to balance it out.

Newbies got new starterpacks with improved equipment thus ofc in their mind they gotta nerf the mobs to balance it out.

so its to force people to buy the starter packs? Thats got the outgoing CEO written all over it :laugh:

One thing that's annoying me is that they removed the Diak wave area that was east of Icarus. That was my favorite place for grinding the shink/diak iron. Now I have no clue as to the best place place to find a decent spawn that is not mixed with other mobs. Anyone got any ideas about where to find a good spawn now?

I was wondering about the possibility that these are avatars that were made to farm ped and just need a lift to the cave since they are not actually new avatars....:scratch2:

One thing that's annoying me is that they removed the Diak wave area that was east of Icarus. That was my favorite place for grinding the shink/diak iron. Now I have no clue as to the best place place to find a decent spawn that is not mixed with other mobs. Anyone got any ideas about where to find a good spawn now?

Shinkiba - W-NW of Twin Peaks (not VERY dense, but has both a wave event and large spawn).
Daikiba - Wave spawn at the island chain (specifically 55430, 64060).

I was wondering about the possibility that these are avatars that were made to farm ped and just need a lift to the cave since they are not actually new avatars....:scratch2:

sneaky thought,
maybe this is another possibility too

Players in Rookie chat are reporting higher HP and max damage for puny mobs at Ithaca.

If anyone has the time, it might be helpful to gather some data to update Entropedia.

Also:
Loots have been changed. (on punies)
Less normal loot (hides etc); almost all loot is ammo.
I don't know if this is on purpose (to increase loot server performance) or if it's a side effects of the change of the mobs (ie Youngs -> juveniles).

Daikiba Youngs replaced with juveniles.
If the Young normal daikibas have just been moved I guess it's no problem.

Deaf-mute NPCs Before first relog - still an issue?
One person said he didn't get the gun there (after the VU). Not sure if it's fixed or not, it might just have been him being in a hurry to rush on. It would be good if it could be confirmed if it's fixed or not. Possibly, the mute NPC could also cause the problem someone had with not being able to design the avatar.

Next Island VU notes? (MindArk issue)
Apparently there was a big update to Next Island, but I don't know where to look for updates. I Went into space and checked the map, but didn't notice anyhting big there.

"No vehicle"-zone outside fort argus/longtooth wave spawn area
Will it be a trend with no-vehicle zones, or is this just a temporary thing? Random no-vehicles zones (that also doesn't appear on map) can be a dull thing to encounter during TP-runs and such. Especially since it really doesn't tell which way to move to get around it - vehicle just stops.

Longtooth mission broker?
I guess a lot of people will wonder where it is nowdays.

Oratan mission bug (Arkadia issue)
Complaints about error messages from an oratan mission when hunting on Arkadia. (I note it here since many people on Calypso occasionally visit Arkadia and have no clue where to find Arkadia VU notes.)

Last edited:
The regular migration will start next week, the wave spawners are simply a side feature that we added for this years migration.

I dont believe you.

After six months break i logged in yesterday to hunt some LT. For me the migration was the last funny thing that made me play a view weeks in the year. In the last 12 months i saw my cld income constantly dropping ( I have 132 of them). No big deal i expected this.

But i didnt expect the changes you made. Lt-young to stalker -- ridiculous!!
Why the hell you changed this ? The Lt was an unique mob and it was great as it was. And it was a success.

I wont adapt. Instead i buy more clds and in some years when i feel like i finally will sell all my crap in here and say goodbye.

R.I.P LT

Back