Planet calypso content release 2014.2

I dont believe you.

After six months break i logged in yesterday to hunt some LT. For me the migration was the last funny thing that made me play a view weeks in the year. In the last 12 months i saw my cld income constantly dropping ( I have 132 of them). No big deal i expected this.

But i didnt expect the changes you made. Lt-young to stalker -- ridiculous!!
Why the hell you changed this ? The Lt was an unique mob and it was great as it was. And it was a success.

I wont adapt. Instead i buy more clds and in some years when i feel like i finally will sell all my crap in here and say goodbye.

R.I.P LT

Sell them now and run away! Please!

I hate people who don't play at all, just have CLDs, then come once in a year to complain.

You are the cancer of this universe!

Shinkiba - W-NW of Twin Peaks (not VERY dense, but has both a wave event and large spawn).
Daikiba - Wave spawn at the island chain (specifically 55430, 64060).

Thanks. It seems that the shinks W-NW of Twin will do the job. I'll have a look at it when I log on next which won't be for a while due to some RL issues. I think that the island one ends with a huge boss mob and has its own mission but I may be wrong about that.

I find it curious Calypso hasn't put in any missions for the TI mobs still.

This is not a curiosity (at least not to me). Deathifier, I am sure, was offered the opportunity to pay a ransom to have his mobs included in missions, and he either refused to pay, or decided his ped was better spent on Arkadia.

Regardless, I am quite sure MA is not inclined to do him any favors since he is actually honest in his interviews.

I am afraid that short of a protest, we will never see missions on any TI mobs.

Also, Kim, as a side note, could you give us one or two LT spawns that are not shared loot, maybe? For those of us trying to get mission points, we really hate shared. Also, I hate doing 90% of the damage to a mob and getting 8 ped of a 128 ped global because some nib stole my item. Please and thank you.

Looks like mobs have been shifted around also, was in an area that was all prancer and corny's yesterday, now nary a one in sight, all combibo now.

I am nearly finishing the iron missions for Cornundas and Prancers, and was doing them together in the area south of Billy's. Now they are gone!

I can sort out the Cornundas, but have no idea where Prancers can be found now. If anybody comes across them please shout!

Also, Kim, as a side note, could you give us one or two LT spawns that are not shared loot, maybe? For those of us trying to get mission points, we really hate shared. Also, I hate doing 90% of the damage to a mob and getting 8 ped of a 128 ped global because some nib stole my item. Please and thank you.

Yep, I like the wave event style, rather then a huge swarm of static spawn and mindless shooting.

Just make the mobs non-shared loot, I had the same experience as Sledge yesterday, doing majority of dmg to have few peds from HOFs!!

I will hunt some small maturities to finish the mission, but until we have non-shared spawn I am not going to touch big ones.

I am afraid that short of a protest, we will never see missions on any TI mobs.

I'm pretty sure daily hunter missions include miner bots (daily hunter category 2 IIRC). Entropedia does not corroborate, but this thread does. Of course, daily is not iron, but still.

Sell them now and run away! Please!

I hate people who don't play at all, just have CLDs, then come once in a year to complain.

You are the cancer of this universe!

Spot on +rep :yay:

The no-vehicle zones need some tweaking.

1st issue, no visible area borders on the map:
Random no-vehicles zones (that also doesn't appear on map) can be a dull thing to encounter during TP-runs and such. Especially since it really doesn't tell which way to move to get around it - vehicle just stops.

2nd - Sometimes you can get stuck when u run into this no-vehicle zone. Can't fly back, can't turn around, can't land. Only solution - jump out (and hope u weren't flying too high).

There's a similar problem with area borders in Space, apparently they share the same code? In Space you can also run into no-fly zone border and get the "Can't enter outer Space" message.
The map shows you have to turn 90 degrees to head back to normal space but the server keeps spamming "Can't enter outer space" messages. Have to turn 180 or 270 degrees and fly to some totally illogical direction (according to the map) to break free. Something makes the server lose it's sense of direction, looks like the real location of the vehicle doesn't match with the location server sees (and uses for route calculations).

So now we have similar problem planetside too. It doesn't occur every time, seems to be random. Could be it depends on the connection quality - if there was some packets lost right when you fly over the border you can get deeper into the no-fly zone. When server finally realizes your in a wrong place it decides there's a no-fly zone 360 degrees around you. So u stuck forever.

Funny stuff when u see it the 1st time, but might get pretty annoying soon. :silly2:

all wave events are shared....the real migration starts next week and that one will be non-shared...

Yep, I like the wave event style, rather then a huge swarm of static spawn and mindless shooting.

Just make the mobs non-shared loot, I had the same experience as Sledge yesterday, doing majority of dmg to have few peds from HOFs!!

I will hunt some small maturities to finish the mission, but until we have non-shared spawn I am not going to touch big ones.

it feels like the items are really random and not damage related at all now
i used tier 8 lc-500 + hotfoot 50 on the bosses (old fred)...i did most damage on almost all of them ,easy to spot since i got the points almost each time(im at 28.500 of 30.000 now in the latest newest mission on lt)

i must have done most damage on at least 40-50 bossmobs,yet i have only received an item 1 time on all the bosses
something feels wrong

Guess they will come with the start of regular Migration next week.

Very mixed feelings about this update.

A few nice changes for the beginning players, but I cannot reconcile the notion of "improving the experience for our new players" with the fact that they have to get used to higher hunting costs and to getting ripped apart by Puny mobs in no time now.

There's a similar problem with area borders in Space, apparently they share the same code? In Space you can also run into no-fly zone border and get the "Can't enter outer Space" message.

In space it's more about server border.

What happened to me twice, is getting stuck immediately after exting a mothership (supposedly at planet border). Only remedy for that appears to be either mothership sucks you back in, or a supportcase asking for relocation.. If you log out in that state it appears like you can't log back in.

Last edited:
The way I see it, the LT waves with varying maturities are a way of encouaging and making it easier for all level of players, from noob on up, to join in on the fun - aka, spend peds, aka, fill up the loot pool for the coming migration.

I joined eu last year during migration time. Having no hp or skills, no decent armor/weapon, but lots of ped to burn, I felt left out except for the occasional groups that gathered to shoot exa elite in the shared loot spawn around Port Atlantis.

But when there were even just a handful of higher level players hunting there together in a group, I was able to join in with but no armor and my little pea shooter using the safety in numbers strategy to plink around. I died a lot and didn't get shit for loot, obv. Despite this, however, not only was I able to get in on the action, but it was blast and a huge thrill for me as a lowly newb.

It's one of the experiences I can point to that really got me hooked on eu.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but the stuff about TI mobs and missions is simply not credible. Not only are the mobs included in daily missions, but also, most of these are not even TI exclusive any more.

It's one reason why I stay away from waves spawns.
Well besides tonight when I checked the maturities for next weeks event.
Happy with my setup for the event. :laugh:

Waves spawns are only about one thing these days, pure and simple greed.*
I know the turth is hars. :D

Tonight watched a lower skilled player struggle alone on the side, until the big team ran out of creatures.

They just rolled of the poor sod and didn't even grant him his one kill.

* With that I mean the players greed, not Mindark.

Last edited:
Also:
Loots have been changed. (on punies)
Less normal loot (hides etc); almost all loot is ammo.
I don't know if this is on purpose (to increase loot server performance) or if it's a side effects of the change of the mobs (ie Youngs -> juveniles).

Longtooth mission broker?
I guess a lot of people will wonder where it is nowdays.

Getting a huge amount of ammo, myself.

LT Iron mission comes from Iron broker in the bar at Cape Corinth. Get out of TP and head directly West.

I am nearly finishing the iron missions for Cornundas and Prancers, and was doing them together in the area south of Billy's. Now they are gone!

I can sort out the Cornundas, but have no idea where Prancers can be found now. If anybody comes across them please shout!

Accidentally found a huge spawn of (mostly Guardian) Cornundacaudas Monday. Was ENE (I think) from Hades crater, as I recall. That was before the VU, though.

Funny cause the opposite happens to me... I do a lot of damage and some uber takes my item :p

Funny cause the opposite happens to me... I do a lot of damage and some uber takes my item :p
Well, that is interesting, Ubers and whatnots saying "i did most dmg on this, i got points on the counter", and not getting anything.
And also having a troller running around the spawns with an Opalo getting 800+ped ESI's and other items.

Seems fair enough.

I mean, MA logic is flawless, it's dynamic.

Edit: Hint: Your best bet is to just run around tagging everything you can with an Opalo, you'll get them items from some kills. It'll just cost some pecs, but you'll get items worth shitton that way.

Well, that is interesting, Ubers and whatnots saying "i did most dmg on this, i got points on the counter", and not getting anything.
And also having a troller running around the spawns with an Opalo getting 800+ped ESI's and other items.

Seems fair enough.

I mean, MA logic is flawless, it's dynamic.

Edit: Hint: Your best bet is to just run around tagging everything you can with an Opalo, you'll get them items from some kills. It'll just cost some pecs, but you'll get items worth shitton that way.

As far as I remember from earlier events like this, % of damage dealt corresponds to % chance of getting items. I would assume it's the same this time around?

As far as I remember from earlier events like this, % of damage dealt corresponds to % chance of getting items. I would assume it's the same this time around?
Not according to reports i've heard.
I have not tested it myself, i'm still keeping out from them 'till next week, but people are pretty much saying that the dmg doesn't matter anymore.
So, cannot confirm but, still a solid strategy, won't lose many pecs for the chances.

(Just trying to get MA to change this system for something that works better.)

Last edited:
Isnt the longtooth an outgrown exarosaur single maturity mob?
Making it a different species with its own maturities doesnt follow the original migration storyline (if you can still use that word in this game)

Although I had much fun with these waves, its not in line with what migration used to be. While this isnt migration yet, the lontooth should be just that. A longtooth , not a longtooth young or stalker

The bug in the Gateway's Crystalline Cave still not fixed. The NPC doesn't talk until relog, so most people just leave the cave and end up without the weapon and means to continue the mission chain. Without the gun and the car, guess how many of them make it to Calypso? Some ask for help on #rookie but most just wander there aimlessly and finally log out.

Kim, this might not be your area of responsibility but you really need to kick someone near you, because (knowing how many I and others do save) I can only imagine how many newcomers you lose daily because of this.

Wish I had known a relog would fix this yesterday. Ran into a new player in Gateway with exactly this issue. No gun, no car and mute NPCs. :/

Hope he figured it out.

Yeah.

It used to be accompanied by Exosaur Elites (those did have different maturities), and at one migration those counted for the iron mission.

That alone wouldn't help him anyway, because there's no way back to the cave unless you have a flying vehicle and know about that spot 5km from the gate.

I Think there are two ways, by foot, or at least used to be. (Also, When the area was released, the stone rubble at the west didn't exist - there was a path downhill, and it was also possible to climb the mountain chain in the South at (at least) one location easily.)

One required climbing and Walking around a montain (unlikely to be found unless you know where to walk). The other way (closer to space station) is a bit easier to find by, well trying but I think it required some jumping. From there it's a looong walk though (and seeing the pillar you need to/can "T" to get into the right position - but you need to be closer to pillar than space station).

Needless to say, a beginner who wants to go back to get the gun needs help, one way or Another.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but the stuff about TI mobs and missions is simply not credible. Not only are the mobs included in daily missions, but also, most of these are not even TI exclusive any more.

Where else can we find Letomie, Globster, Frescoquda and now Furor? No natural spawn of Miner Bot either. That's more than 1/2 the mob from TI areas. Bristlehog, Drone, Foul and Hogglo being the others. We have missions on Puny mob, Prancer and the like, but not all mob of some challange. Should be a mission of some level on all mob now regardless of who owns LA. Just my .02pec

Making it a different species with its own maturities doesnt follow the original migration storyline (if you can still use that word in this game)

Although I had much fun with these waves, its not in line with what migration used to be. While this isnt migration yet, the lontooth should be just that. A longtooth , not a longtooth young or stalker[/QUO

I agree

Where else can we find Letomie, Globster, Frescoquda and now Furor? No natural spawn of Miner Bot either. That's more than 1/2 the mob from TI areas. Bristlehog, Drone, Foul and Hogglo being the others. We have missions on Puny mob, Prancer and the like, but not all mob of some challange. Should be a mission of some level on all mob now regardless of who owns LA. Just my .02pec

New Furor and Hogglo DNA at the very least have been made, and I have seen Letomie / Fresco parts for sale on forum.

Oh, that's a relief indeed! :)

The massive LT herd crossing the Itchaca river, that was epic!

Shame no aligators in the river. Kid's can watch it instead of national geographic :laugh:

Back