News: Planet Calypso Content Release 2021.0.5

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
2021-11-30

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

Changes

• Adjustments have been made to mining resource availability throughout Calypso.
  • The Ares Ring, Mayhem item information is now more descriptive. The debuff now gains a stack every 120 seconds instead of every 60 seconds.
  • The cost of several items in the Mayhem Token Trader have been adjusted, and some items have been restocked.
  • The New Treasure Island area has received many changes, including:
    • Updated natural creature spawns. Creatures previously spawned via DNA samples in fertilizer stations are now part of the naturally occurring creature habitats, and range from low, medium, to high maturities.
    • Several other creatures have been introduced to the area, including Daspletor and Cornoanterion.
    • Numerous terrain improvements and cosmetic changes.
    • New Treasure Island is no longer divided into “Land Areas”, and therefore no longer has any hunting or mining taxes.
    • PvP has been disabled on all areas of New Treasure Island.
    • For more information about New Treasure Island, visit: https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2021/11/18/index.xml

Fixes

• Increased the respawn rate for the Proteron Divine creature.
  • The regular Horn and Cape textures have been restored.

Originally Posted Here

I still don't see information whether this cannibalizes from CLD , please clarify.

• The cost of several items in the Mayhem Token Trader have been adjusted, and some items have been restocked.

Oh Yeah baby!!!

Adjustments have been made to mining resource availability throughout Calypso.
What does that mean???
Sounds scary!

I still don't see information whether this cannibalizes from CLD , please clarify.
I do agree. We do need more info.

What does that mean???
Sounds scary!
First I read it optimistically that the adjustment meant "increased", but now I realize it can mean adjusted down as well :eek:

Awesome, I'm glad to see some of the interesting mobs of Treasure Island come back in numbers that actually support hunting them! Also great to see the neglected cornoanterion and daspletor make a comeback :clap:

The mob spawns at TI is so spread out its sad...

I thought MA knew by this moment in time that hunters prefer when there are a lot of mobs spawned, not spawns where you keep 2 of them on radar and then have to keep running about to find the next two.

Hope to see an increase in spawns...

Very interesting updates, also thank You for listening to the Divine Proteron issue. Cannot wait to log in!

Updated natural creature spawns.
Spawns are really bad, I hope you address them. I said it several times already, the success of the treasure island depends A LOT on mob spawn density. If I have to take a ship between two mobs, I would rather do something else with my time. So would a lot of other players.

Updated natural creature spawns.

Like almost everything else except the spawn. Kindly address it in a patch. Literally need to run more then shoot more often then not. Another gripe would be the TP's arent really convenient but i am guessing they serve some purpose going ahead.

Anyone else gets black loginscreen after update?

Mouse cursor shows, Music plays but screen is all black and cant interact in anyway.

NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3070 with latest drivers.

Anyone else gets black loginscreen after update?

Mouse cursor shows, Music plays but screen is all black and cant interact in anyway.

NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3070 with latest drivers.
Verify the local data first, then look into gpu driver reinstall, fiddling with eu gfx settings. If thats not working disconnect any device like controllers, printers etc, reboot and try again.

I believe some spawns can auto-increase when more are killed in a short space of time. I very much hope this happens here. If there is too much time between mobs, lots of fast hunters will indeed go elsewhere I think.

I noticed a Leviathan (prowler) in the new bay north of the isle.

No mobs in TI .... guys not good if u want to sell 800k shares 🤣

What does that mean???
Sounds scary!
They do that every now and then. Usually it’s just the percentages of known resources that are tweaked, but sometimes they really change it up.

They do that every now and then. Usually it’s just the percentages of known resources that are tweaked, but sometimes they really change it up.
Usually, but this time they replaced even the last trace of Belk/Duru/Redu from the neighboring area, as far as I can see.

Usually, but this time they replaced even the last trace of Belk/Duru/Redu from the neighboring area, as far as I can see.
I think we have to redraw our miningmaps....... back to square 1 ........

High level Letomies spotted just S of the northern shores

Daspletors low maturity E of the center lake (higher ones a bit N and a bit S)

Lower mat Frescocudas, Furors and Hogglos S of the center lake.

High mat Hogglos in the SW

Last edited:
Nice little buff to ares ring. Might have to snag/borrow one for when I become an uber and kill proteron.

Cool to see the increase in tokens for the higher mayhem amps.

Sucks to see Azuro Augmented will never come into the game.

As there have been a few comments on the topic, I am trying to gather some feedback for the team regarding New Treasure Island spawns. I have already forwarded some information, but would be very helpful if I could get some more specific details, such as;

1) Which creatures do you feel currently have good, adequate or bad spawns?
2) If a spawn is bad, for what reason (too spread out, not spread enough, too high/low density, etc)?
3) In what way do you feel it could be improved (how high density, for example)?

• Adjustments have been made to mining resource availability throughout Calypso. (Too Bad It's Still NRF Regardless) . LOL !

As there have been a few comments on the topic, I am trying to gather some feedback for the team regarding New Treasure Island spawns. I have already forwarded some information, but would be very helpful if I could get some more specific details, such as;

1) Which creatures do you feel currently have good, adequate or bad spawns?
2) If a spawn is bad, for what reason (too spread out, not spread enough, too high/low density, etc)?
3) In what way do you feel it could be improved (how high density, for example)?

Hiyruu spawn radius is huge and there doesn't need to be that many. It's nice there's finally a hiyruu spawn, but holy crap.

I'll let others pitch in for more important spawns.

Back