News: Planet Calypso Content Release 2021.0.5

Well for example seg spawn is ok when you arrive, if youre hunting alone, maybe like 15 dots on radar but i clear them in 5 minutes and then there is maybe one dot on edge of radar i have to run too, clear those 15 and repeat. It's like the mid level caperon spawn outside of troy, just not grindable cus all the running cuts your cycle in half. One thing other planets do right is mob spawns if oyu look at arkadia or cyrene their spawns are great

There are so many spawning characteristics that we have seen programmed in so far, from density and maturity spread to respawn timings and postions + general movement in whatever compass direction.
By all means play around and make us pay attention to mob spawning and movement to get the best out of a particular spawn, but players want to have the next mob available quickly but not be overrun by aggroed mobs. The days are long gone that people had to run through spawns to get from A to B - they buy anything that flies - so if in doubt, just increase the density and respawn rates please.

As there have been a few comments on the topic, I am trying to gather some feedback for the team regarding New Treasure Island spawns. I have already forwarded some information, but would be very helpful if I could get some more specific details, such as;

1) Which creatures do you feel currently have good, adequate or bad spawns?
2) If a spawn is bad, for what reason (too spread out, not spread enough, too high/low density, etc)?
3) In what way do you feel it could be improved (how high density, for example)?
Is it really no one in the office looking at the front end??? There are places with more green dots (players) than the red dots (creatures).
Spawns need increased in density, as in number of mobs (red dots) available to hunt by players (green dots). If someone in the community is good with drawing for the MA team...
Which type? The ones that are missing red dots from radar. Furor, Hogglo, Fresqo, SEG.

Furor is one of the most important ones as it's low HP and dies fast and a lot of ppl like their level. There's a caperon "fast spawn". All ingame spawns should be like that. Fast fixed respawn. We're gonna increase maturity on Takuta to have spawns for mobs to kill....

As there have been a few comments on the topic, I am trying to gather some feedback for the team regarding New Treasure Island spawns. I have already forwarded some information, but would be very helpful if I could get some more specific details, such as;

2) If a spawn is bad, for what reason (too spread out, not spread enough, too high/low density, etc)?
3) In what way do you feel it could be improved (how high density, for example)?
You should really consider adding a Teleporter at the main revival place, the one here: [Calypso, 40131, 51536, 101, Waypoint]

You have to fly all the way back... such a bad design...

Also, some of the buildings (if not all) have clipping issues and become transparent/invisible from certain angles. And if you get close you fall through the ground into an infinite abyss.

Please reduce the kerberos spawn and increase the Corndacauda stalker/prowlers , since this is the only place on the planet they exist.

Also add more Foul leaders into the space that already exists , they are very thin spawned , same with Allophyl stalkers make the spawn more dense.

If you fix the spawn density issues this is very exciting news.
I've been waiting for Treasure Island to go for shares on the exchange. I've been saying this for years. I almost feel a little psychic ... or it's a case of a broken clock is still right twice a day.. either way I'm excited! :)

Good job for finally separated allo and esto spawns, also great for me that stalkers are available from both races!(idk if LA owners are happy as well )
Also great job with Cornoaterion stalkers spawn!
Just do proper respawn rate and its all ok for me.

First that i noticed. Daspletor spawn young - mature is both mixed shared and non shared. I would prefer if all were non shared. Also for big mob like daspletor. Some random fking green dot keep shooting my mob when I want to hunt solo. That's freaking annoying. The maturity should be at least for youngs just youngs. I seen some matures and old. Have a separate spawn for Mature-Old and bigger etc since most people will be hunting the youngs.

index.php

Respawn seems too small density so far for current activity. You don't want to be in the middle of respawn. Ideally should have several clusters of respawns around 100m from each other. So you don't get ninja easily. They have high aggro range.

Last edited:

I have to be honest this already looks really good. Been flying around the island and finding all mobs in pretty much every maturity, maybe shrink hiryuu like me tionde above as not that hunted mob.
Couldn't find smalled Furor and Globsters but still have some exploring to do.
So far so good, thanks for a nice update!

Another example:
Such a fine mob level. But completely wasted. Picture tell it all.
index.php

Mob density needs to be increased dramatically. This mob is very fun to kill at bigger maturity IF you didn't have to run so much between each mob.

*shakes head*
*facepalm*
Sigh..
;)

So far i killed Dasp and Cornoaterion. Dasp spawn looks good because they have a lot of life but cornoaterion is to much running around for mobs.

Another example:
Such a fine mob level. But completely wasted. Picture tell it all.
index.php

Mob density needs to be increased dramatically. This mob is very fun to kill at bigger maturity IF you didn't have to run so much between each mob.
Check the spawn again. It was really dense when i got there after 00MA time

First that i noticed. Daspletor spawn young - mature is both mixed shared and non shared. I would prefer if all were non shared. Also for big mob like daspletor. Some random fking green dot keep shooting my mob when I want to hunt solo. That's freaking annoying. The maturity should be at least for youngs just youngs. I seen some matures and old. Have a separate spawn for Mature-Old and bigger etc since most people will be hunting the youngs.

index.php

Respawn seems too small density so far for current activity. You don't want to be in the middle of respawn. Ideally should have several clusters of respawns around 100m from each other. So you don't get ninja easily. They have high aggro range.
Check the other spawn way north. West of the mountain

Last edited:
Are the Segs still around?

• Adjustments have been made to mining resource availability throughout Calypso.
Reducing pyrite drop in order to fix the number of report cases on a handful of PVP exploiters will have a pretty significant impact on hunting because a lot of people will stop using enhancers due to increased price. Can you find another way to fix that without affecting everybody else?

1. Foul spawn SE of main TP. The spawn is way too light, Needs to be more dense!
2. This is a low hp/damage mob and no dense spawns can be found anywhere else on Caly.
3. By making the spawn much more dense and maybe moving it a tad bit more west (so as not to argo the Hogglo) this mob will be hunted much more. Can maybe up the maturity a bit as well.

Thanks!

1. Foul spawn SE of main TP. The spawn is way too light, Needs to be more dense!
2. This is a low hp/damage mob and no dense spawns can be found anywhere else on Caly.
3. By making the spawn much more dense and maybe moving it a tad bit more west (so as not to argo the Hogglo) this mob will be hunted much more. Can maybe up the maturity a bit as well.

Thanks!
Not seen this spawn to be honest so not gonna say much about it. I know there is a higher maturity spawn north of the south TP, decent spawn with higher maturity.
Also, there is a massive young spawn of Foul young West of Fort Troy.

2021-11-30

Changes

• Adjustments have been made to mining resource availability throughout Calypso.

Originally Posted Here

Whatever you changed to the pyrite spawning is very bad! Look at MU of pyrite! Doing this change just before MM is making damage enhancers cost too much! Already breakage rate is bad now having to pay such high percentage is crazy!

Please increase the spawning of Pyrite in all pvp areas! And take away crap resources from lootable pvp so mining in there actually has some benefit!

I agree something needs to be done to the exploiters in lootable, not sure what you can do if you can’t fix the known issues but I’m sure stopping pyrite drops isn’t a good fix.

pyrite should be at max 110-115% MU, now that the issue regarding the skills is of the table, ppl should use more dps

Whatever you changed to the pyrite spawning is very bad! Look at MU of pyrite! Doing this change just before MM is making damage enhancers cost too much! Already breakage rate is bad now having to pay such high percentage is crazy!

Please increase the spawning of Pyrite in all pvp areas! And take away crap resources from lootable pvp so mining in there actually has some benefit!

I agree something needs to be done to the exploiters in lootable, not sure what you can do if you can’t fix the known issues but I’m sure stopping pyrite drops isn’t a good fix.
but pvp mining has benefits already, why do you want more? :p

Why are there shared and non shared mobs in the same spawns?

And yes, please fix the pyrite situation ASAP before MM starts so enhancers aren't so expensive. Otherwise you are going to get lower income as people stop using them.

And yes, please fix the pyrite situation ASAP before MM starts so enhancers aren't so expensive. Otherwise you are going to get lower income as people stop using them.
Sadly people are retarded and will pay even 500% for dmg enh like they did in the past. Of course most people won't but some still will. MA should fking make pyrite way more common ffs so it stays around 125% MU max. No more skill req for mayhems so let people cycle the max they can - in mean time you MA - will benefit most, since more peds will be cycled during the event.

Yeah enhancers are out of control and just before mayhem, awesome....just not viable for most of us to throw away so much ped into the air on markup for extra damage. Most of the year we have paid 200% on enhancers now all of a sudden they are 270%+! Useless for long term grinding. Need to double the drop rate of Pyrite, Minimum.

Yeah enhancers are out of control and just before mayhem, awesome....just not viable for most of us to throw away so much ped into the air on markup for extra damage. Most of the year we have paid 200% on enhancers now all of a sudden they are 270%+! Useless for long term grinding. Need to double the drop rate of Pyrite, Minimum.
Just make hogglo pvp lootable zone, or move pyrite back into lootable rather than allow everyones favorite mining bot to run around on 4 avatars 24 hrs a day.

Sadly people are retarded and will pay even 500% for dmg enh like they did in the past. Of course most people won't but some still will. MA should fking make pyrite way more common ffs so it stays around 125% MU max. No more skill req for mayhems so let people cycle the max they can - in mean time you MA - will benefit most, since more peds will be cycled during the event.

For HM I burned about 2.3k damage enhancers, that was at around 225%, I gave nice MU to other players for that! That was about 1840 peds TT so I gave other players 2300 peds MU for those enhancers! Imagine with higher MU because of stopping drop rate on pyrite I will have to give more peds to other players…

MA needs to either make enhancers last longer or break less, or MA needs to flood the market with pyrite so MU on enhancers comes down to a reasonable price…

IMO damage enhancers, at current break rate, should be around 130%-150% not over 200% giving extra peds to other players….

Back