Planet calypso patch 2013.2.1

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
2013-06-26
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

Cyclops Depths

• All boss encounters now have shared loot.
  • Added a series of countdown messages before the regular instance resets.
  • Reduced the max player count per instance from 40 to 30.
  • Added more decorative elements to the Thorifoid parts of the instance.
  • Changed the light settings on bonfires to reduce the flickering effect.
  • Increased the light radius of the bonfires.
  • Decreased the time fuze of Pyromancer Chalte’s fireballs by 1s.
Misc Changes

• Changed the name of the “Technician Sarchi” mission to “Crystals Are A Girl's Best Friend”.
  • Changed the AI behaviour of the Mind Reaver, it should now always run towards its target.
  • Increased the range of the Mind Reaver’s melee attacks.
  • Decreased the radius of the Mind Reaver’s radial attack.
  • Added a waypoint marker when you are going to return to the old hermit in the Vault Hunter mission chain.
  • Changed the looks of “Alien Biogenic Gel”.
  • The grassland south of Cape Corinth is particularly high this time of year; pefect grazing ground for the larger herbivores of Calypso.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed the broken Omegaton ASG-12 Bucketful weapon.
  • Fixed a problem with the particle effects on the Mind Reaver’s attack animations.
  • Fixed a number of issues related to the entrance of “Walken’s Laboratory”
  • Removed “Olle” the 800000 HP Thorifoid that was mistakenly added in the last release.
  • Fixed an issue with the lodge outposts that causes the interior walls to become invisible.
  • Fixed an issue causing new arrivals to be placed underneath the teleporter in Port Atlantis when skipping the tutorial in Thule.
Known Issues

• An issue with the Big Game Hunting mission that spawns an additional Atrax Stalker with the Starving Atrax.

We strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free patch. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches.
!

Originally Posted Here

2013-06-26
[*]The grassland south of Cape Corinth is particularly high this time of year; pefect grazing ground for the larger herbivores of Calypso.

Migration, perhaps!

Woohoo! (As soon as I finish downloading)

• An issue with the Big Game Hunting mission that spawns an additional Atrax Stalker with the Starving Atrax.

Lol that is a funny one :)

[*]Removed “Olle” the 800000 HP Thorifoid that was mistakenly added in the last release.

This is even funnier, they did not intend to release that mob yet?:laugh:

Man, some guys at MA HQ must have a hard time these days

LOL

That will give noobs an incentive to skill up :laugh:

This is even funnier, they did not intend to release that mob yet?:laugh:

Man, some guys at MA HQ must have a hard time these days

Or a staff members joke.

You'd be surprised at how much stuff gets added to games that was never meant to make it out - Hot coffee anyone ;)

Does this mean the Pyromancer Chalte's fireball will explode faster now? :scratch2:

If that's the case then we will get damage when moving backwards and shooting Pyro. You also get min heal if you move backwards and heal. Nobody in EU can sustain a direct hit from an explosion, considering I got even 800 dmg when the fireball exploded near me.
There is only a narrow path up and to the right of the mob with not much room to maneuver. If you fall from the path you die from lava.
The mob has a fuckload of HP and regen.

How are we supposed to kill him now? :scratch2:

Last edited:
2013-06-26
Misc Changes

• The grassland south of Cape Corinth is particularly high this time of year; pefect grazing ground for the larger herbivores of Calypso.
Known Issues

Ha nice little subtle way of setting up migration. And how do you "accidentally" change that spawn to throw in an Atrax Stalker? What i think is that someone on the design team thinks life just got a bit too cushy for noobs with the bones... that stalker is going to wreak some serious havoc lol.

Ha nice little subtle way of setting up migration. And how do you "accidentally" change that spawn to throw in an Atrax Stalker? What i think is that someone on the design team thinks life just got a bit too cushy for noobs with the bones... that stalker is going to wreak some serious havoc lol.

I can picture the devs laid back in their desk chairs with a cup of coffee, all watching and laughing at the noobs getting eaten by their stalker :lolup:

And how do you "accidentally" change that spawn to throw in an Atrax Stalker?

Its a toggle on maturity. From what I understand during the time that I was working out the details of the Brood Mother, changing the maturity of the mob spawned in one area can have an impact on other specialized areas if they are not capped properly.

MA didnt tell me this. I just deduced it from the following scenario.

1) Brood Mothers were a new maturity. They first spawned everywhere that this maturity would have fallen in place. This was incorrect.
2) Brood Mothers were a unique mob (just like starving atrax). When fixed at the castle to only spawn there, other higher maturity mobs started vanishing from other areas. This required corrective exceptions to be likely implemented within the code.

Some spawn probably changed that involved Atrax. Likely for the migration. The Starving Atrax is a new mob, it has not had a migration event test it before. A change in maturity to the Atrax areas to make room for Eomon and Longtooth *could* have had an impact on the Starving Atrax.

Cyclops Depths
  • All boss encounters now have shared loot.

I thought changing to shared-loot would be a good thing, but the lag-inducing fireballs suddenly make me hate all of Cyclops Depths which I considered one of the best content additions ever. The only really critical flaw in my opinion was trapping. The reset warnings not working were a bug and not a design flaw, and changing bosses to shared-loot more of a tweak to improve enjoyablity.

In spite of not being shared loot, I thought Chalte was just right... dangerous fireballs that easily kill anyone regardless of gear, but also kill-able solo or with a small team cooperating properly. He was difficult without being too difficult to be fun.

I thought the bonfire flickering was a cool effect , why change it ?

I thought the bonfire flickering was a cool effect , why change it ?

About some one got epilepsy or how this is called in English.

In spite of not being shared loot, I thought Chalte was just right... dangerous fireballs that easily kill anyone regardless of gear, but also kill-able solo or with a small team cooperating properly. He was difficult without being too difficult to be fun.

The problem with chalte is that for most people who meets him he's not a challenge you're actively seeking, but an annoying obstacle on your way to another goal. An atrox between a TP and a field of snables would be the same.

Chalte by himself seems like a cool mob.

Hey Berta you forget to tell us for decrease mining loot :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::laugh:

I can picture the devs laid back in their desk chairs with a cup of coffee, all watching and laughing at the noobs getting eaten by their stalker :lolup:

This would be me :laugh:

Back