? Planet Calypso Survey ?

I got it and filled it out. Not specific enough questions IMO but seeking some input is better than nothing, right?

I'm usually positive about these things, but given a specific past episode, I think the majority of people selected 'strongly agree' for 'better loot returns', but what they will start with, is what is the next most wanted thing :(

1. I didn't received prev mail for inactive players.
2. I didn't received any surveys for active players.
3. I just did receive mail about Emissary Programm.

I am overactive player!

Check your spam folder. It went to mine. Postini caught it and nearly discarded it.

- MR

Check your spam folder. It went to mine. Postini caught it and nearly discarded it.

- MR

Always doing that, thanks for advice tho.

I am definitely falling right in Emissary target group anyway. (smile.jpg)

I'm usually positive about these things, but given a specific past episode, I think the majority of people selected 'strongly agree' for 'better loot returns', but what they will start with, is what is the next most wanted thing :(

There was no option for "WTH happened to the storyline of Calypso as a colony planet embroiled in a life-and-death struggle with robots that should have moved beyond the same old annual 'invasion' by now".

The unfortunate thing about adding PPs is that it has seriously diluted and/or hampered the ability of MA/FPC/whomever to move forward with the original storyline. Not that they necessarily were, but it's become more obvious.

Space should have brought with it escalation of the conflict with the robots, with major space encounters, bases to raid, etc. Eventually, we should be able to make sorties to Akbal or Cimi and make a dynamic difference in the balance of power by how much we take and hold various strategic targets there.

Well no sense running on about this. I was just giving a specific example to my previous comment. :)

There was no option for "WTH happened to the storyline of Calypso as a colony planet embroiled in a life-and-death struggle with robots that should have moved beyond the same old annual 'invasion' by now".

Well they are working with the Wastelanders at the moment, so something is going on at least... Hoping they'll develop it further past that :)

"Not enough storyline" was in the options, and I said "strongly agree" for it.

I don't mind other planets, I think its a good way to grow the universe, but Calypso should stay calypso and have a great storyline, not just be used as a developer sandbox, where some people also play. Events should be more participatory and give a feeling that what you do has an actual effect, not a predetermined one. Say designate one or several teleporters as having especially strong robot presence that needs repelling - maybe a direct big one-way TP for robots to come in - and then make a progress bar on destroying that presence. If we succeed, these go away with at the end of invasion, if not, robots stay and the turrets stay off.

Some of the item introductions lately have been really good and motivating skilling wise, I think on this they are actually moving in the right direction (but should continue, of course).

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE LEGITIMACY OF Humble Creator of Entropia Universe Jan!

lulz fantec is obviously beyong fanboy status

so
how and where will i see this special hunting event ticket?
i seriously would like to do it, but i need time to prepair for such an event

i wouldnt know, ma wont let me change my email until i buy a new gold card . I changed emails .

i never used the piece a shit thing anyway .

:bs::bs::bs:

I thought it was more a generic EU survey so not mentioning a specific PP makes sense.

I got it and filled it out. Not specific enough questions IMO but seeking some input is better than nothing, right?

Yeah, it's good to see MA seeking feedback, but I do wonder how useful the results are to them. I could have answered in some depth on some of the questions, rather than having to give a fairly meaningless Agree/Disagree response to everything. Let's face it, who's going to disagree with a statement like "I'd play more if there was more loot."?

And likewise, what people claim, and maybe even believe, would cause them to deposit more may not correlate all that well with the things that would actually cause them to deposit more.

Btw, I said 'Happy with things as they are.' on the storyline/events/mission question for instance simply because it was too broad a question to give a meaningful answer. On storyline, I think EU has basically destroyed itself with over-ambition, since the whole PP venture and since MA turned into a random company generator, I don't see EU can ever retrieve the coherence and the 'feels like you're really there' feeling that say Eve Online has. On events and missions I think the Calypso team are doing a decent job, although I think there's still plenty of ways they could be improved and made more interesting & fun.

Last edited:
So I got and completed that survey, but I';m a little lost...how/what event will there be that I will get a ticket too? I'm not a hunter (mostly) so are there events for all?

Yeah, it's good to see MA seeking feedback, but I do wonder how useful the results are to them. I could have answered in some depth on some of the questions, rather than having to give a fairly meaningless Agree/Disagree response to everything. Let's face it, who's going to disagree with a statement like "I'd play more if there was more loot."?

I think everyone would like to have added a response or a reason behind many of their answers but it's the processing of responses that MA want to keep to a minimum. If there's 1000 then reading through all of them will take a long time plus they'd be in a range of languages.

The way it's been structured is to keep it easy to process and get a result.

From a business perspective, its best to start with a few broad topics, get feedback, and then drill down into topics of need and ask more pointed questions. Otherwise alot of labor may be wasted on potential areas of concern rather than actual areas of concern. Ya know?

Questionare..

I hope Mindark does take in consideration the answers and feedback that players sent in..I aslo wrote "Happy the way things are"..on Storyline question,I could careless about story really. I prefer better run missions..smoother game play and less bugs. (and oh yeah....BETTER LOOT!) :cool:

still waiting on the info for the "special hunting event ticket"
have not seen nor heard hide nor hair of it

Update:

Filled in the survey. It is legit.

Just don't get why I'm considered to be inactive :)

On the other hand: great job of getting feedback. Good work MA.

Kind regards,
BBB

Filled in the survey as well, did not see a sign of a ticket to a competition though.
Further one seems to be considered inactive these days after 2 weeks of inactivity. Got an e-mail reminder about my "inactivity" 2 times recently.
If MA does something with my input in this survey, I will be a lot less inactive. Bt I doubt that since it mostly concerns loot related and development timeline related issues about which I have responded negatively in the survey. We all know how much MA cares for that kind of input... :laugh:

Filled in the survey as well, did not see a sign of a ticket to a competition though.
Further one seems to be considered inactive these days after 2 weeks of inactivity. Got an e-mail reminder about my "inactivity" 2 times recently.
If MA does something with my input in this survey, I will be a lot less inactive.

This survey is for active people. Which means you're full of baloney. :girl:

For active players but inactive / reduced depositors?

They can only assume that players depositing the same amount or increasing it every week are happy with the way things are.

For active players but inactive / reduced depositors?

They can only assume that players depositing the same amount or increasing it every week are happy with the way things are.

So they finally worked out that people wont continue to deposit huge sums of cash if they are not happy. Judging by the emessaries email, they also figured out that the player base is the best way to get more customers, and that rewarding the current player base for "recruiting" is a simple and effective form of advertising.

WOW, looks like someone finally grew a brain at MA.

It remains to be seen though if they actually follow through with any of the suggestions.

So they finally worked out that people wont continue to deposit huge sums of cash if they are not happy. Judging by the emessaries email, they also figured out that the player base is the best way to get more customers, and that rewarding the current player base for "recruiting" is a simple and effective form of advertising.

WOW, looks like someone finally grew a brain at MA.

It remains to be seen though if they actually follow through with any of the suggestions.

unfortunately the ones willing to recruit new players have been drastically reduced over the last few years.

Personally even with a reward for recruiting I'm not willing to do it with the way EU is right now. I won't post what parts I think need action simply because it will probably start an argument and take the thread off topic.

i wouldnt honestly encourage anyone to start playing this game unless i knew they had lots of spare money to burn, of those type if people i know very few

i wouldnt honestly encourage anyone to start playing this game unless i knew they had lots of spare money to burn, of those type if people i know very few

I was recently told this kind of ppl is called "ballers" lol well that is if they don't care either ;p

Back