Info: Planet Calypso World Map

Olivia Petty

Mature
Olivia
Hello everyone,

Two years ago i used to run a tp run service we used to run regular TP runs throughout calypso and was on the bridge of going interplanetary, i also ended up maintaining survival maps out of personal need for the TP runs. Unfortunately in 2012, various issues IRL left me with no decision but to sell off my assets in eu and let go of the game for a while, in order to have time to deal with what i had to deal with.

I have regained access to my old map files and i am once again working on them, it will be some time until i am at a point where i am able to populate the maps with accurate information, however i have just finished updating and polishing off my Planet Calypso World Map that i started work on two years ago.

As for the future of TP Runs, due to vehicles and missions the needs of new players have changed, before i left, in 2012 i successfully tested a concept for updating TP Runs for this new world with missions and vehicles. It was a blend of vehicle convoys and having the guards hunt through tough mobs to strike a balance between function and fun. I cannot promise that i will return to operating weekly runs, as i have various things in real life that require my attention, however i plan to approch it slowly, firstly on maps and expanding from there and seeing where things lead.

If anyone would be intrested in occasionally assisting with the guards for TP Runs, please feel free to contact me ingame at Olivia Livi Petty, and we can discuss things in greater detail.

Here is the Planet Calypso World Map: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W1GOQW1I7LM3VEb3dTODFqRjQ/view?usp=sharing

This is a compilation of the playable areas and my artists impression of the rest of the Amethera continent based on the map that was ingame in VU 9, any maps with map data on will clearly distinguish between the diffrent areas.

Regards,

Olivia

Last edited:
Welcome back,
nice to see this project is back and running again.
I think I have and sometimes use an old outdated version of Agency
I tried this new map and I like it alot, but it is realy huge and "heavy" to load even in a very decent PC with 8GB memory.
I'm suggesting to use 1 or 2 smaller versions as a preview for someone to get an idea.
Maybe I find you ingame to offer you some "bodyguard" services later on.
tc

btw Amethera isn't so large anymore :)

Welcome back,
nice to see this project is back and running again.
I think I have and sometimes use an old outdated version of Agency
I tried this new map and I like it alot, but it is realy huge and "heavy" to load even in a very decent PC with 8GB memory.
I'm suggesting to use 1 or 2 smaller versions as a preview for someone to get an idea.
Maybe I find you ingame to offer you some "bodyguard" services later on.
tc

btw Amethera isn't so large anymore :)

Yes, this is just my raw source map i will be using to make survival maps, when the end product is ready i will release in a number of ways, including a google maps style interface.

And i know its not, but as i said, its a compliation of my artists impression of whats missing, and the ingame map to produce a more complete aesthetically pleasing map.

I used this map, as a base to design the missing areas, http://www.entropedia.com/img/pe-amethera-60.jpg

On survival maps that i use this raw source image for, i will clearly mark the diffrence between playable areas and artists impressions.

I have updated the first post to link to the latest and greatest version of the raw map, i have updated Treasure Island to reflect the removal of the Volcano in the NW Corner that was removed in 2013.

The colour balance of medusa has been optimised.

I have also optimised the size of the file.

Last edited:
Welcome back! :)

Really missed your survival map and resources.

Meantime I developed a TP run guide for beginners, and I am in the process of updating it. I concentrated on routes that can be run by unarmed players with minimal risk. So group runs with guards and/or using vehicles might look a little different.

Welcome back to EU :)

I used the Tour Agency Maps a lot when I first started so thank you for all your hard work of the past.

I'll PM you ingame as I do like a good TP run, although these days I find a Spear the best method of travelling.

Dirk

Updated the sharing settings for the link, should resolve some problems people are having.

Back