Info: Planet Cyrene March 3rd 2020 VU Notes

Lovely Bella

Prowler
Lovely Wandering Bella
- Map overhaul
-- While these changes haven't been drastic, they have been sweeping.
-- Several new islands have popped up and almost each individual land mass has been expanded upon.
-- We, of course, welcome any and all feedback about this map overhaul and encourage you to post it on our forums.
-- There are two new TPs to discover!

- New and Improved Wave Spawner @ Ice Plateau
-- The structure for the wave spawner has been changed in order to better keep the mobs inside of it.
-- The mobs in the wave spawner harkens back to a different time and will culminate into a "full circle".

- New Mining Area
-- In the northern part of the map a new landmass is available with bridges connecting the islands. These islands hold ONLY universal ore and enmatter, and should be the best to mine them on Cyrene.

- New Janus Foundation
-- While it is currently a bit sparse, the foremen and crew are hard at work getting ready to bring New Janus to life.
-- You can poke around and check on their progress, make sure everything is going smoothly.

- New Creature Spawn Area
-- In the Robot Base Z.R.Q. area, the Imperium have been hard at work establishing a new base of operations high in the mountains.
-- Almost every creature spawn was looked at and adjusted for the VU (as part of the map overhaul).

Information
- Planet Cyrene does not yet have access to the Codex yet to add Cyrene mobs, this will happen later this year, more updates to come as we have them. That being said we plan to give Cyrene players ample time to know when the Codex will be implemented as well as the information that not all missions will be automatically added into the codex.

Changes
- Updated all NPCs with waypoints to give the correct waypoints (note: in some cases this may require waiting for an objective update).
- Replaced some tree and other vegetation models that need improvements/optimization.
- Implemented several player found bug fixes.
- Cleaned up misplaced models.
- Adjusted loot drops across several creatures.

Known Issues
- The Hub Arenas and Proving Grounds are currently not accepting entry tokens nor are they awarding tokens for kills. We are waiting for MindArk to fix this issue.
- We are currently waiting for information on several drops: Empty ESI, Imperium Officer XT, and a few others.
- The culmination for the chain mission for the Ryvox the Cypher is currently not implemented.
- Support weapons are not currently working properly, this is a platform issue.
- All Cyrene vehicles (P.I.G.V., Spear, Lancer, Dragonfly) have default sounds, this will be addressed in a future patch.
- Some Quality Ratings information in blueprint book: A.R.C. is incorrect, and this issue is still being looked into.
- A supplementary mission for Rank 5 of Brown Beetles to give proper mission rewards is not working correctly and will be fixed in a future VU.

Information
- Planet Cyrene does not yet have access to the Codex yet to add Cyrene mobs, this will happen later this year, more updates to come as we have them. That being said we plan to give Cyrene players ample time to know when the Codex will be implemented as well as the information that not all missions will be automatically added into the codex.

Already mentioned this in another thread but just adding my post again because Codex needs massive work and is the most boring system and rewards introduced into an MMO. It has some good intentions behind it but please make it better before you go ruining other planets with the current iteration of it.

Thanks for that information and best news I heard that codex won't be ruining Cyrene for at least a year. Sigh of relief that I can work on the awesome missions on that planet and finish them. Codex lacks adventure and interesting rewards for an MMO so it is very damaging to a planet like Cyrene. Well Codex is bad for any planet partner as your missions lose their Uniqueness. The reason I do missions on Cyrene is because of attributes. So unless they can give Codex unique rewards and attributes that you can be the first to discover what they are. Please don't put Codex on any other planet that has a far more adventurous mission system with better rewards.

I consider Caly codex the early stages of Alpha and we need the Devs to work on the reward system and add attributes for certain mobs. I also personally rather find missions and explore you know since that is the core reason to play an MMO. If there is no adventure and hidden missions with unique rewards to discover then that is a shame.

I hope missions are added besides codex for years to come to maintain the MMO feel where you get the mission from an NPC.

PS- Still waiting on Tree's to harvest on Cyrene...... Come on MA help them out there should be Tree's on every planet.

Information

please explain, why do I read on the cyrene client loader that codex will be implemented "NEXT YEAR"?
You speak about "later this year".

Now, who is correct. You or the info on the client loader?

please explain, why do I read on the cyrene client loader that codex will be implemented "NEXT YEAR"?

I believe these VU notes are copied over directly from Cyrene forum, so came from Kris...

I believe these VU notes are copied over directly from Cyrene forum, so came from Kris...

so, who's right?

The client loader or the forum?

This is what the client loader info says:

OMG please NO! yea I just read the notes on cyrene says it is this year....:mad: that is seriously bad news!! The other post by Joat with the copied information says "NEXT YEAR" which would be good. Never would be better.

Having each planet be Unique and have it's own Unique missions is the only thing left in this game that is interesting. Codex is sooooooo boring.

Already mentioned this in another thread but just adding my post again because Codex needs massive work and is the most boring system and rewards introduced into an MMO. It has some good intentions behind it but please make it better before you go ruining other planets with the current iteration of it.

PS- Still waiting on Tree's to harvest on Cyrene...... Come on MA help them out there should be Tree's on every planet.

I agree with the codex sentiment. This game is horribly boring. Codex changes make one of the only engaging active goal oriented activities (mission picking) obsolete. They are clearly trying desperately to try and maintain the customers they have, but I can say from my perspective, this game is boring the hell out of me now, so much that I don't even care if I sell my stuff worth 100's of k's....its all profit anyhow. What was a fun challenging game, is now easy mode input/output.....which is BORING, and ultimately has no point past 100 besides profits... and I will tell you that gets boring too.

I agree with the codex sentiment. This game is horribly boring. Codex changes make one of the only engaging active goal oriented activities (mission picking) obsolete. They are clearly trying desperately to try and maintain the customers they have, but I can say from my perspective, this game is boring the hell out of me now, so much that I don't even care if I sell my stuff worth 100's of k's....its all profit anyhow. What was a fun challenging game, is now easy mode input/output.....which is BORING, and ultimately has no point past 100 besides profits... and I will tell you that gets boring too.

So true.
There are also players who just want to play for fun. I profit in my job enough. Engaging content is what this game needs. Every update it just gets more simple and more boring.

- Adjusted loot drops across several creatures.

Let me rephrase that.

We've turned down loot 2 notches.

WTF happened here?!?!?!?

Loot seems to be utterly dreadfull after the update.
Been on cyrene for 2 weeks and had steady returns until this morning.

All of a sudden after the update loot seems to have totally dried up!!!

Volatility seems to have exploded!

It was fun while it lasted, but Cyrene's loot has been killed as well.

Back