Planet Partners to Transport Players at a Discounted Fee: An Option That Might Spur More Activities in the Universe

Infinity01

Stalker
Banned
Society
Freelancer
Space Infinity01 Time
OK. we are going to have space. TP will be disabled.

There will be motherships and others space vehicles to transport goods and players. There is no set fees for the transport from one planet to another. so it could be highly variable.
I'm not sure what will be the transport cost of a player(s) to the operator of a given space vehicle... But i'm not expecting it to be high.
So, I think there is a good opportunity for the less populated PPs (NI, RT and even Arkadia) to have space vehicles to tranposrt players from calypso or arkadia to their planets. I'm sure a lot of people will be interested to go to a planet with discounted fee, especially when new missions or events are introduced or new content is realsed. If the operating cost is not too high then it might be worthwhile to try this approach by the PPs. I know they can't play like other regular avatar... but im wondering if they can get space vehicles for transportations to and from their planets.

I think this option should be considered... coz currently without such options NI and RT both are in serious/precarious conditions... even if some people want to stay on those planets are taking refuge in Caly for safety.

After 320 Votes

Calypso 58%
Arkadia 24%
RT 1.6%
NI 1.3%

Wondering if these numbers are still true given some exodus from Arkadia!

If this option is open to PP then many players might stay in those planets, and many more will return when there are more opportunities. This in turn will keep their economy somewhat more viable .... instead of becoming dead. Also, if there are more viable planets, more movements through space... meaning more economic activities...then we can have more interplanetary trade! If 2 planets don't have viable economy then the overall economy will suck....

But I"m sure people who want to profit will oppose this.... but bear in mind if no viable economy in other planets then there will be no space travel at all... Also this option will eliminate the monopoly of price fixing through a concernted effort by the mothership/space vehicle owners. So IMHO it's good for all parties concerned!

So, I really think that the PP should actively consider it... and MA should allow the PPs to have Spacevehicle... and they can hire pilots and others to operate on their behalf.

I've not gone through all the pros and cons of this.... it just popped in my mind as i'm actively considering staying in NI....lol I might get marooned.....in the most beautiful planet in the Entropia Universe!.

Last edited:
I thought the idea was for planet partners to acquire their own player base, not steal the player base from other planets.

I thought the idea was for planet partners to acquire their own player base, not steal the player base from other planets.

Actually it is where you where "born" so it doesnt matter for calypso because they always get funds. Now the other planets need to get their playerbase to get funds too thats kinda the deal

Actually it is where you where "born" so it doesnt matter for calypso because they always get funds. Now the other planets need to get their playerbase to get funds too thats kinda the deal

It matters because they get less. Yes, Calypso still gets something of your turnover on other planets but not as much as if you were to stay and do activities on Calypso.

I think it will be up to the players and best left up to them. WHat the planet partners and MA can do is to make sure there are enough affordable space vehicles to accommodate the needs of the player base at an affordable price. Otherwise it will choke off trade. And I see the future where planet specific things will be needed on other planets. Therefore facilitating trade will be a priority.

Bad idea imo..
will make sure that the normal pilots won't visit the new planets & would create a 'no way back to calypso' issue

Thats one of the conditions for how many motherships that will be sold.

I think that if the PP are smart they would buy a ship and offer FREE transport to their planet, take the small hit in transport costs and make it up in the taxes.

Planet partners should not interfere in the market in any way. Offering transport (free or otherwise) would be unfair on the players working as pilots.

Absolutely. And what I think some people are missing, is that this major change (implementation of space, disabling of TPs) might have been EXACTLY what partner planets were waiting for before they begin massive player acquisition campaigns.

I know personally, I'd rather do my million dollar publicity campaign once my players couldn't just hop on a teleport ring and disappear from my planet. With travel, and somewhat precarious travel at that, there is now an increased "buffer" zone between the planets that may very well help insulate each from player churn. In addition, it creates that commodity-stabilizing system where cheap products can't just flip over to another planet immediately without any risk.

Curiously, all of the reasons many players are complaining about how space functions may be the most important parts of why it's needed, from a PP perspective.

Just a thought.

Yes, they should do that too.... but not 100%. In that case the planets would have been totally seperate...

By design,,, i think, MA wanted players to move arround planets based on their content and services... this is where the competition is! And in the end this competiton is likely to improve players experience in EU.

Planet partners should not interfere in the market in any way. Offering transport (free or otherwise) would be unfair on the players working as pilots.

Do you offer prize during event to attract players to hunt in your LA....the same is done by other LA owners.

It's a competitions for players. be it at LA lavel or planet level! It gives more choces and fun to the players!

I think MA should give up plans that are soley designed to suck money out of most players ... and not giving fun in return.

Back