FYI: Planet Postmoderna Phase I

So they want people to fund it for them so they can make the profit with nothing from them put into it (money that is)

-Bemo-

humm... interesting :)

~Danimal

Good news if this comes off.

More planets means more ideas and (by the law of averages) more creativity.

I might even donate myself at some point.

Very interesting concept. At what level donation can I get a (Tiered Ingame/inworld items) Planet Postmoderna edition Mod Fap? :wtg:

I don't get it - how they can claim that they can be a PP, if they don't even have funds yet?

And don't seem their planet concept ever seen or approved by MA?

GL with new planet.......just tell me how much do i have to "fund" to rename "Planet Zen"

So they want people to fund it for them so they can make the profit with nothing from them put into it (money that is)

-Bemo-

Well i would think they have put in their money the normal way like most of us get our own money... from the bank, this kickstart thing is to try get some more investors.

I don't get it - how they can claim that they can be a PP, if they don't even have funds yet?

And don't seem their planet concept ever seen or approved by MA?

"Planet Postmoderna plans to leverage the technology and platform of an existing online game, Entropia Universe, under Mindark’s (the makers of Entropia) Planet Partner Program.

We are at the point of needing funding in order to continue production. Once we show successful funding, we can present our final proposal to Mindark."

I'm sure Dave at Arkadia had to get investors and have stories and artwork, 3D models ready to present to Mindark before becoming a planet partner.

Current contributions = 1 USD

They don't even made their parents and siblings believe in their project.

If you had a project or business don't you think your parents or siblings or friends would jsut give you the money if they had it? they wouldnt need to use the kickstart website.

There should be a button just before you post in a forum saying "have you even thought about what your about to say for atleast 10 seconds?"

Goodluck to the people doing it.

I cant help but feel there are possibly to many planets coming to be honest.

Variety is good but just doesnt seem to be the population, like putting 5 McDonalds in the same area they are going to all suffer surely.

Variety is good but just doesnt seem to be the population, like putting 5 McDonalds in the same area they are going to all suffer surely.

you would think so . But these are virtual Mcdonalds , like 5 pairs of poorly designed clowns hands reaching around the internet , rummaging about for fresh newbs . It should work the other way if its working.

(refering to ronald mcdonald tm as poorly designed clown , not all PP , no no not all .)

I'm sure Dave at Arkadia had to get investors and have stories and artwork, 3D models ready to present to Mindark before becoming a planet partner.

You are sure, how?

I'm pretty sure you have to show the money along with your first presentation to MA.

Oh and why does everyone think we need more new planets? I just dont understand this at all :) All the same, just different theme.

You are sure, how?

I'm pretty sure you have to show the money along with your first presentation to MA.

Isnt that exactly what i say in the quote you made :)

Dave + finance + infrastructure + presentation (models, drawings, ideas, story etc) then goes to MA to discuss becoming a planet partner = becomes a planet partner if everything fits MA's requirements.

perhaps read a little more, saves me re-typing

Isnt that exactly what i say in the quote you made :)

Dave + finance + infrastructure + presentation (models, drawings, ideas, story etc) then goes to MA to discuss becoming a planet partner = becomes a planet partner if everything fits MA's requirements.

Now when you've written it, maybe you should think about this question a bit more?

P.S. I'll help you out a lil bit: no money -> no presentation to MA at all -> no idea if you can be a PP at all

Last edited:
Now when you've written it, maybe you should think about this question a bit more?
they are claiming that they CAN be PP after they get funding and present a final plan .They are not (as far as i read) claiming TO BE pp at this time. If they dont get funding in time it looks like they intend to make a standalone indy game out of it.

P.S. I'll help you out a lil bit: no money -> no presentation to MA at all -> no idea if you can be a PP at all

I don't need help to understand it i actually read it all. No where do they say they are a planet partner they even emphasise they are at the funding stage and once they have this organised they will go to see MA and if they dont get accepted they may go alone as a stand alone game.

So put your effort into reading and less of the trying to be smart by helping me understand.

i like when people try to realize some following their dreams.
I m a proud donor of planet postmoderna.

I want to make a planet, please donate in roder for me to be able to profit afterward

For danating you will get nothing, but I will sure do

The planet will be called Planet NoLoot! Kinda cool, right?:)

Well i would think they have put in their money the normal way like most of us get our own money... from the bank, this kickstart thing is to try get some more investors.

The guy running it said previously he would not be putting his own money into it. So I would not assume that position has changed.

I think MA needs to get tougher with new PP's. PP's are supposed to bring in new players. Talk is easy actually doing it seems to be harder. So something like placing x amount of real money into a marketing budget to MA may be a better option than just taking a PP's word for it.

Also this particular PP personally I have my doubts. The initial planet idea put forward by post moderna was remarkably similar to cyrene and even had similar concept pics. When I asked him about the similarities he said it was his own then the pics disappeared from his website all together.

Having a dream is one thing but the reality is you need a strong team who know their stuff. The person in charge of this neither has skills in gaming or management, just an idea that he would like to make a planet. Will that in itself be enough?

Having a dream is one thing but the reality is you need a strong team who know their stuff. The person in charge of this neither has skills in gaming or management, just an idea that he would like to make a planet. Will that in itself be enough?

Yeah if you look at the 3 new planets in the Universe, its only Ark that has become close to being self self efficient if its not already there and not even a year old. The other two are now playing catch up to the Ark. It will be intresting in how well the next two planets develop and if they can keep new players in the game or will players leave other planets to start up there. Will this effect the popultaion on Calypso?

Thanks Butch for comments. I especially like the part about people thinking about what they are going to say first for 10 seconds. :)

Needless to say, you are correct. If I had a family to ask for money from I would have. :D

A

"Planet Postmoderna plans to leverage the technology and platform of an existing online game, Entropia Universe, under Mindark’s (the makers of Entropia) Planet Partner Program.

We are at the point of needing funding in order to continue production. Once we show successful funding, we can present our final proposal to Mindark."

If you had a project or business don't you think your parents or siblings or friends would jsut give you the money if they had it? they wouldnt need to use the kickstart website.

There should be a button just before you post in a forum saying "have you even thought about what your about to say for atleast 10 seconds?"

Goodluck to the people doing it.

Just so you know, our goal is to bring in new players, not canibalize the existing player base. Although I know that can happen, our goals are different and along the lines of what Mindark originally requested of us.

A

So true and thanks. It i important to follow one's dreams and to never give up.

I plan to :

A) Make this happen no matter what.
B) Create a story that people can experience (as I had wanted to back in the early 80s)
C) Create Jobs in the Media and Game Arts Industry here in Colorado'
D) Show people that perserverance does pay off
E) Put Colorado Springs on the map for Game Startups

i like when people try to realize some following their dreams.
I m a proud donor of planet postmoderna.

Hi GS,

Thanks for the comments. But, actually you are incorrect on a few points. I have put my own money into this from day one. Team members and myself have additionally, contributed time.

The similarities with Cryrene are purely coincidence. I have been working on this for years (story as far back as 1981). The neat thing about creativity is that "like minds think alike." It is just the way it is. As far as pictures disappearing, I am not sure what you mean. I have a lot of content that has been redone or set aside. Maybe you could help me understand what you are referring to and I can clarify.

As far as a team, have you looked at the team listing?

Again, thanks for your feedback.

--A

The guy running it said previously he would not be putting his own money into it. So I would not assume that position has changed.

I think MA needs to get tougher with new PP's. PP's are supposed to bring in new players. Talk is easy actually doing it seems to be harder. So something like placing x amount of real money into a marketing budget to MA may be a better option than just taking a PP's word for it.

Also this particular PP personally I have my doubts. The initial planet idea put forward by post moderna was remarkably similar to cyrene and even had similar concept pics. When I asked him about the similarities he said it was his own then the pics disappeared from his website all together.

Last edited:
Hi,

Your project seems so interesting for me. As you probably could remember, I tried to contribute as a Graphic designer on your project, but had no luck. I would like to know if your project is still going on... I mean, I frequently check your blog for updates, and more, but I hardly ever see some concept art news, screenshots of the game...

In my opinion, you should upload photos and screenshots of your project frequently on your blog, so people would follow it and check your site everyday. Anyway, great work, and keep fighting with that amazing project.

Just my two cents,
Kete.

hey i would love to contribute with anything (work ofcourse) mostly with models, ideas working ingame etc whre to apply?

Was I the only one that laughed when I read the kickstarters page?
Whoever wrote it is so clueless that it hurts.

Was I the only one that laughed when I read the kickstarters page?
Whoever wrote it is so clueless that it hurts.

Nope :laugh:

I even checked the page in regular intervals just to see that my initial assessment of utter inane rubbish was right.

Back