FYI: Planet Postmoderna Phase I

Was I the only one that laughed when I read the kickstarters page?
Whoever wrote it is so clueless that it hurts.

Hello Cerberus and Crest IV,

I appreciate your comments but perhaps you would like to elaborate for the community about what you think is "insane rubbish" to the "clueless" person whom wrote it, which incidentally is me.

This way, I can address your concerns and questions and possible provide the feedback that the community needs about it.

I am happy to do so.

--A

Hi,

Your project seems so interesting for me. As you probably could remember, I tried to contribute as a Graphic designer on your project, but had no luck. I would like to know if your project is still going on... I mean, I frequently check your blog for updates, and more, but I hardly ever see some concept art news, screenshots of the game...

In my opinion, you should upload photos and screenshots of your project frequently on your blog, so people would follow it and check your site everyday. Anyway, great work, and keep fighting with that amazing project.

Just my two cents,
Kete.

Hi Kete,

We can talk more offline if you like but a lot of concept is in the gallery on the website. Did you take a look at that?

Other than that, all the current efforts have been put on fundraising. Once our goals are reached a lot more more will be put out. One challenge I have is walking the line of putting out any more until I know we have a contract with Mindark. I don't want to reveal too much or more that we already have. :)

-A

hey i would love to contribute with anything (work ofcourse) mostly with models, ideas working ingame etc whre to apply?

MIND,

Please contact me via PM or email via the website. You can share with me your experience and what you have done in the past. Right now we have a solid team but I am always willing to talk to others whom have a lot of game development experience. Currently, I am looking for people with a minimum of 2-3 years in the industry.

Feel free to email me your resume.

--A

I appreciate your comments but perhaps you would like to elaborate for the community about what you think is "insane rubbish" to the "clueless" person whom wrote it, which incidentally is me.
If I were to point out everything wrong about the text I'd be here all day. So I'll provide some general pointers and examples instead:

* 30 word long sentences:
Players will be part of the settlement and development of this new world and eke out a life in the New Old West of this newly discovered Earth-like planet with recycled technology and what is sparingly delivered by the governing corporation, New Worlds Corporation (NWC).

* Excessive use of buzzwords:
Project Planet Postmoderna is truly an "indie" and an organic project.

* Unrealistic expectations as a Planet Partner:
Overall planet development and growth is based on the activities of the overall player base. If more players farm, then agriculture develops; if more build objects and equipment, engineering develops.

* Wants to archive bloody everything:
Too damn long to list. It's gonna be Eudoria, Amethera and 9 FOMAs. Every one of these should be educational to the player, by basing them on historical myths. The project itself is meant to be educational to the developers; and much much more.

* Bold statements that are essentially bs:
"This project has been in the making for 4 years."
"Our success is not dependent on Entropia being successful. It is the other way around."

If I were to point out everything wrong about the text I'd be here all day. So I'll provide some general pointers and examples instead:

* 30 word long sentences:
Players will be part of the settlement and development of this new world and eke out a life in the New Old West of this newly discovered Earth-like planet with recycled technology and what is sparingly delivered by the governing corporation, New Worlds Corporation (NWC).

* Excessive use of buzzwords:
Project Planet Postmoderna is truly an "indie" and an organic project.

* Unrealistic expectations as a Planet Partner:
Overall planet development and growth is based on the activities of the overall player base. If more players farm, then agriculture develops; if more build objects and equipment, engineering develops.

* Wants to archive bloody everything:
Too damn long to list. It's gonna be Eudoria, Amethera and 9 FOMAs. Every one of these should be educational to the player, by basing them on historical myths. The project itself is meant to be educational to the developers; and much much more.

* Bold statements that are essentially bs:
"This project has been in the making for 4 years."
"Our success is not dependent on Entropia being successful. It is the other way around."

Well, I can say that appreciate your input but wonder if they are constructive points or that you are just looking for things to pick on. :) No offense.

Yes, perhaps some sentances are long but is that really a problem? Buzzwords, a real problem? Are they? This is an indie since we started from nothing and are backed by no one.

Unrealistic? Not really. We really are trying to design it to be organic and progressive based on the overall player activities in the world.

It is not based on trying to do everything. The story and the subworlds are part of the story. Existing continents and EU components are unrelated.

The Bold Statements, well, it's the truth, I am afraid. Sept this year will be 4 years. Also, each planet should be able to stand on its own. We plan to do just that.

In any case, thanks for your feedback. I am glad you took the time to go over those points. I do wonder though, if they really are based on knowledge of the project or just that you are looking for something to pick on. Sorry, I mean no disrespect. It just appears that way. :)

Well, I can say that appreciate your input but wonder if they are constructive points or that you are just looking for things to pick on. :) No offense.
1) You asked me why I rated your text to be worse than a high-school project, and I replied.
2) Asking for critique and then being defensive is something one learns to stop doing roughly around high-school as well.
3) If you don't see any problems with those things I've listed with your text, then your either mad with power or just bad with english.

Anyway, overall the page gives an impression that you don't have a clue what you're doing. That would only be negative if it wasn't true.

On the whole I'd disagree with you.

Anyway, overall the page gives an impression that you don't have a clue what you're doing. That would only be negative if it wasn't true.

Agree with Cerberus.

To put it all in context I think Alex/Flapman is probably a sales person or was a sales person. Which would explain his posts and marketing pitch. My guess is he saw EU and the potential of making serious money through being a PP. So started work on being a PP. To his credit he has given it a go which is good but Alex I think your plans would be better of if you were first to get some Game development experience via working in games development or possibly studying. Working in the field would be better. This will then give you a solid base to start from. At the moment even if you do somehow manage to go ahead with developing your planet I fear it will end up as a tragedy. Do yo you really want that to happen? to let down all those people who may have invested a lot of money and time in your idea?

Not seen any legal documents or basics that indicate legitimacy of development and it's progression.

To his credit he has given it a go which is good but Alex I think your plans would be better of if you were first to get some Game development experience via working in games development or possibly studying. Working in the field would be better. This will then give you a solid base to start from. At the moment even if you do somehow manage to go ahead with developing your planet I fear it will end up as a tragedy.

Actually I'd say game development experience on the management side is less important than being able to finance the project and then acquire and manage people who have the skills and experience you need to get the job done.

It is also extremely important to understand Entropia - it is unique environment in to which other game related experience may not translate very well.

Other experience is still generally helpful, of course, there's no argument there :)

Not seen any legal documents or basics that indicate legitimacy of development and it's progression.

They do have a historical presence around the web however they aren't a Planet Partner.

So you won't see any statements from MindArk or otherwise find any formal documents aside from whatever Kickstarter has in place to ensure funds are used appropriately.

Bye,
Deathifier

Hi GS,

I have been working on this for years (story as far back as 1981).

--A

So lets talk business. You've been working on a planet since 1981 over "30 years" and as far as I can see apart from quoting and showing exisiting MA systems, you've got NOTHING.

Show me your team
Show me you your development so far, ONE concept artwork
Show me your business plan
Explain how far you've got with MA about moving this forward.

There're talkers and there're do'ers.

Even if you had a great idea, from what I can see you are no businessman, unless you've something more to bring to the table?

We can all fill in web page for kick starter.

Don't big up your fantasy planet on the Caly website. Post your website selling your prosposed planet (other than filling in a form on a kick starter site), in fact if you can't even build your own webiste after 30 years of thinking about it you've got no chance.

go away.

Rick

Hi Rick.

Have you even looked at the website? In case you have not: www.planet-postmoderna.com Don't look for bells and whistles. Just read content.

Right now we are in fundraising mode. We already have everything else that you mentioned. Incidentally, the team will do the work since they are the source of the needed talent. That is all that matters.

Thanks again for your attention to detail.

A

So lets talk business. You've been working on a planet since 1981 over "30 years" and as far as I can see apart from quoting and showing exisiting MA systems, you've got NOTHING.

Show me your team
Show me you your development so far, ONE concept artwork
Show me your business plan
Explain how far you've got with MA about moving this forward.

There're talkers and there're do'ers.

Even if you had a great idea, from what I can see you are no businessman, unless you've something more to bring to the table?

We can all fill in web page for kick starter.

Don't big up your fantasy planet on the Caly website. Post your website selling your prosposed planet (other than filling in a form on a kick starter site), in fact if you can't even build your own webiste after 30 years of thinking about it you've got no chance.

go away.

Rick

Hi guuuys!

Yo listen I have this idea for a new game that I came up with it like 25 years ago, so it's been in development for 25 years. It's an organic hexadermial massive online gaming platform that works organically to support the best kind of synergy. My "team" of mole people have in this time cooked up a blog (that took a full week to make) and some doodles for concept art (like, imagine how many lunch breaks were cut down. Gosh!).

I have no experience in producing games, handling teams, or handling large supplies of money, so I figured it'd be an excellent idea if you guys gave me about 2 million PED so I can make a tech demo for the game. Heck, if I get the money I might even play the platform I'm basing it on for more than 10 hours.

Just so we get this straight though: Our game created the sun and will change how people approach wii sports or any other type of verb for that matter. It will consist of everything featured in the top 43 best MMORPGs ever, and also taming. This game will be independent of servers, energy, or even the human population itself. If anything, they should bow down to this game.

Peace out //
N. Obody

Having a dream is one thing but the reality is you need a strong team who know their stuff. The person in charge of this neither has skills in gaming or management, just an idea that he would like to make a planet. Will that in itself be enough?

YES you really need a strong team to make a game (develope a planet), even when you get a PP of Mindark.

To be a planet partner is not just making some models! It needs a good plan, and even a strong team and a trusted investor. But anyway, you can make your dreams real, if you dont give up and try to go the right way. Also you will work 7days a weeks to make your dreams real. Exept you be very rich and just hire all ppl. :) If you will hire a game developer, i may have the time to work on a planet. :ahh::)

Back