Planetary Loots and Balancing

Djinn

Provider
Society
Delta Force
Djinn Gunsel Le Clef
Here are some question for tshose with a better understanding of economics in general and EU that I have started to wonder about.
(if this has been asked please forgive this repeat thread)
If I remember from what has been said MA controls loot balancing and not the planetary partners. If this is right I wonder about a few things from the point of view of us people doing the hunting, mining, and crafting.

When we had only Calypso (including CP and Cnd) what we looted be it oils, ore, enmat or other resources eventually made their way back to the "system" through use and crafting. Guns and other equipment items I assume are limited in number some way in relation to the population to keep a balance in the overall economy.

What I now wonder about with the introduction of other planets is this. If each planet partner is a different company controling a planet do they have self contained systems of looting resources and items and their return to the system.
Or do all the planet share some sort of common system where resources are pulled and returned?

Take this scenario. What is a significant amount of an item that appears to both planets begins to be moved from one planet to another through trade. Say several big crafters move several 100k in lyst bars from Calypso to NI and craft in NI.
Does the system on Calyspo now have a deficit of lyst? Would this make it more likely to hof lyst on NI since there is more in NI system now?
On a side note: what if someone moved 100000ped deposited/looted on Calypso to NI and withdraws it? I realize MA is the one that pays the person. I wonder how they would account for this money in the book keeping between the planetary partner companies. What would happen to loots on the 2 planets? Would one have to tighten up loots?

I dont really expect any definitive answers. I thought I'd just toss out this thought for discussion. (or ridicule)

Planetary income is on decay. So shifting stuff between planets is irrelevant in this respect.

Deposits and withdrawals are handled by MA, planets not involved

I believe

Rgds

Ace

Planetary income is on decay. So shifting stuff between planets is irrelevant in this respect.

Deposits and withdrawals are handled by MA, planets not involved

I believe

Rgds

Ace

what do you think about the question regarding the availability of resourses after a planet has suffered a deficit of say lyst or some other resource? you think looting that resource on the planet it transfered to would be easier to loot in larger amounts?

what do you think about the question regarding the availability of resourses after a planet has suffered a deficit of say lyst or some other resource? you think looting that resource on the planet it transfered to would be easier to loot in larger amounts?

This pretty much comes down to what you believe

For me in regards to ores/enmatters, if i was the only one on a planet, then i would find the same stuff as if there were 1million people mining at the same time

But that is just what i believe, and many many will disagree with this

Rgds

Ace

Very interesting and hard question.
the more I think about it the more tricky it gets.

Take this scenario. What is a significant amount of an item that appears to both planets begins to be moved from one planet to another through trade. Say several big crafters move several 100k in lyst bars from Calypso to NI and craft in NI.
Does the system on Calyspo now have a deficit of lyst?

One logical conclusione is that the Lyst Bars from Calypso will remain on NI until they are used in crafting. Once the crafter use them and they disapear from NI they will apear back on Calypso.

Doesn't really matter imo, everything is still part of the same MA system.

New planets are just large LA's. They just take a % on the revenue. MA still controls pretty much everything :D

My opinion....it doesnt matter at all.

No item is *on* a planet. Its all in MA's database. Every item is the same in that regard. Sure it has a *location* but its meaningless as far as loot goes.

Its like saying that having lyst in your storage will affect the economy different then lyst in your inventory or in your apartment. It doesn't matter. What matters(IF anything) is how much lyst exists, not what its *location* is.

And as far as income goes for planet partners. Think land owners, its the same deal. They get their percentage of decay. Every item use will give them millipecs on their account that they can withdraw as income.

As far as the economy goes there is ONE economy, its only ONE game. The planets are just different *skins* on top of MA's economy.

Doesn't really matter imo, everything is still part of the same MA system.

New planets are just large LA's. They just take a % on the revenue. MA still controls pretty much everything :D

At the moment thats my feeling as well :)

i think the true economic problem is planets not having a way for loot to be comsumed (BPS). took rock 8 months to get bps?

kosmos

I think it's been quite a while since the balance left the priority sheets of MA. It's more like punch the system with a feature and let it balance to a point, then come in and see what's left to adjust ( generally over 3 months system update cooldown ).

Back